PEACE PRINCIPLES

  • Sianna
    Message 1 of 2 , Mar 31, 2003

      I WENT TO THE MOUNTAIN

      I have discovered a Secret Place within, where the thought goes into a
      mountain high above the din of the world.
      I have found in this mountain a Place of Peace and rest,
      A Place of joy and comfort to the heart.
      I have found that the Secret Place of God is within my own Soul.
      I will listen for Thy Voice.

      Ernest Holmes
      The Science of Mind

      God blesses us always and in always

      Classylady's Creations
      font used vivacious
      Artist Jonathon Bowers
      http://jonthonart.com
      all copyrights reserved
    • Sianna
      Message 2 of 2 , Apr 9, 2003

        10 Point Checklist for Love
        Day Three

        This checklist provides some ways that we can consciously "check in"
        with ourselves and observe how we are doing in demonstrating Love in our
        lives. This also gives us an opportunity to make a choice to strengthen
        our practice of demonstrating Love on a daily basis. The original, I
        received without attribution many years ago at Pacific Coast Church and
        I have modified it somewhat.

        Today, as you read through this list, continue to stop and consider, how
        are you doing in each of these practices?  What will be required of you
        to fulfill these practices? We'll contemplate some questions today about
        the second point on our check list: Kindness.

        1. Patience: I express this toward myself and others.

        .

        2. Kindness: I seek to know the Truth and kindly express it.

        Who among us hasn’t thought that they had an exclusive license on "the
        Truth"?  How often have you heard someone refer to "my Truth" and
        wondered to yourself how anyone else could have an independent Truth
        that didn't line up with "the Truth" as you saw it?

        So how do we know when we are standing in the presence of Truth? Each of
        us has his or her own way of encountering or accessing Truth.  If we
        think of Truth being one way that we encounter and KNOW God, or the
        Divine, we have then only to recognize that the Truth is in all of us
        expressing as clearly as our present capacity to express Truth allows.
        Knowing that, combined with the Patience we described yesterday, gives
        each of us the room to do the best that we can and to see that everyone
        else is doing the best that they can too.  Who knows, what seems to be
        true today may tomorrow reveal itself to be simply a part of what you
        had to think on the way to discovering a richer and deeper experience of
        Truth itself.  Speaking ones Truth calls for a kindness in expression,
        for tomorrow, more may be revealed to us and what seems so absolutely
        true today may be seen as merely a partial revelation of a greater truth
        tomorrow.

        Each of us is working our way closer and closer to knowing and clearly
        expressing what is Sacred in life.  We are inhabited by this Truth that
        we are coming to know and practicing its presence day by day.

        .

        3. Generosity: I give my attention to what I can give rather than what I
        can get. I receive without resistance.

        4. Humility: What I do in Love, I do in secret.

        5. Courtesy: Consideration and thoughtfulness govern my attitudes and
        actions.

        6. Unselfish: I give up my right to be sad, hurt and resentful. I find
        and appropriately express Joy!

        7. Forgiveness: I forgive myself, those around me, and accept the
        forgiveness of others.

        8. Sincerity: I always think and act in good faith.

        9. Acceptance: I accept everyone unconditionally.

        10. Gratitude: I am thankful that I can express my divinity and see and
        accept the divinity in all those around me.

        "It is our duty - as men and women - to behave as though limits to our
        ability do not exist. We are co-creators of the Universe." Pierre
        Teilhard de Chardin