The Citizens' Declaration can be signed

  • birdof@paradisenow.net
    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 27, 2003
      Dear friends,

      please consider joining me in signing a Citizens' Declaration reaffirming our commitment to international cooperation.

      The outbreak of war is not the end of our efforts for peace -- only the beginning. Around the globe, people are joining together in the declaration below. We will
      be announcing it in a press conference on Friday, and we need your help to make it as big as possible.

      Signing up will only take a minute of your time, but it'll send a message that the momentum built through our opposition to war in Iraq will only keep growing.

      You can sign up at:

      http://www.moveon.org/declaration/

      Here's the text of the Declaration:

      ------------

      A CITIZENS' DECLARATION

      As a US-led invasion of Iraq begins,
      we, the undersigned citizens of many countries,
      reaffirm our commitment to addressing international
      conflicts through the rule of law and the United Nations.

      By joining together across countries and continents,
      we have emerged as a new force for peace.
      As we grieve for the victims of this war,
      we pledge to redouble our efforts to put an end to the Bush
      Administration's doctrine of pre-emptive attack and
      the reckless use of military power.

      Thank you.

      Peace,

      Ulla