Daily Zen

  • MrJeremyRHuber@aol.com
    Message 1 of 15 , Mar 2 8:20 AM

      The shadow of the bamboo
      Sweeps the stair
      All night long.
      Yet not a mote of dust is stirred.
      The moon beams penetrate
      To the bottom of the pool,
      Yet in the water not a trace is left.

      - Chikan Zenji

      Authors Den
      http://www.authorsden.com/JeremyRobertHuber

      Jeremy Robert Huber

      http://profiles.yahoo.com/JeremyRobertHuber

      The Village Beat Poets

      Light Of Consciousness
      http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Light_Of_Consciousness

      " They call him Splendid
         he eats here regularly quarter to nine
         they found him amongst old bibles when he was a babe
         in a dumpster on the corner of Main and Fifth
         `tis said that an angel of god put `em there
         and prayed for illumination and a sportscar.

         I once had the pleasure of his company
         we drank, fought and scrambled for a peek at the girlie show
         and he just laughed and said it's all a dream
         don't ya know by now this world ain't real
         it's just love gone awry at the seams."

         ~Exerpt From "Love Gone Awry At The Seams"
           Copyright 2003 Jeremy Robert Huber

    • MrJeremyRHuber@aol.com
      Message 2 of 15 , Jul 2, 2003

        I enjoy my lifelong path
        Between misty vines and rocky caves
        In the wilds there's room to spare
        And time to accompany clouds
        This road doesn't reach the world
        Only the mindless can climb
        I sit alone nights on a couch of stone
        While the round moon comes up Cold Mountain
        ~Han-shan

        "I had nothing to offer anybody but my own confusion."
        ~Jack Kerouac

        Authors Website:
        http://www.AuthorsDen.com/JeremyRobertHuber

        Authors Poetry E-Group:

      • MrJeremyRHuber@aol.com
        Message 3 of 15 , Jul 3, 2003

          If you think that you
          Have cut off Illusory mind,
          Instead of simply clarifying how
          That mind arises and departs,
          Illusory mind will come up again,
          As though you had cut
          The stem of a blade of grass
          And left the root alive.

          - Menzan Zuiho (1682-1769)

          Forward From Daily Zen
          http://www.DailyZen.com

          "I had nothing to offer anybody but my own confusion."
          ~Jack Kerouac

          My Authors Website:
          http://www.AuthorsDen.com/JeremyRobertHuber

          My Yahoo Groups:

          The Village Beat Poets
          http://groups.yahoo.com/group/The_Village_Beat_Poets

          Still Pond Zen
          http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Still_Pond_Zen

                                                              Refuge Prayer

          by Thich Nhat-Hanh

          At the foot of the Bodhi tree, beautifully seated, peaceful and smiling,
          the living source of understanding and compassion, to the Buddha I go for refuge.

          The path of mindful living, leading to healing, joy, and enlightenment,
          the way of peace, to the Dhamma I go for refuge.

          The loving and supportive community of practice, realizing harmony, awareness, and liberation, to the Sangha I go for refuge.

          I am aware that the Three Gems are within my heart.

          I vow to realize them.

          I vow to practice mindful breathing and smiling, looking deeply into things.

          I vow to understand living beings and their suffering, to cultivate compassion and loving kindness, and to practice joy and equanimity.

          I vow to offer joy to one person in the morning and to help relieve the grief of one person in the afternoon.

          I vow to live simply and sanely, content with just a few possessions, and to keep my body healthy.

          I vow to let go of all worry and anxiety in order to be light and free.

          I am aware that I owe so much to my parents, teachers, friends and all beings.

          I vow to be worthy of their trust, to practice wholeheartedly, so that understanding and compassion will flower, and I can help living beings be free from their suffering.

          May the Buddha, the Dhamma, and the Sangha support my efforts.

        • MrJeremyRHuber@aol.com
          Message 4 of 15 , Jul 4, 2003

            Whenever a thought occurs,
            Be aware of it.
            As soon as you are aware of it,
            The attachment to it will lessen.
            If you remain for a long enough
            Period less caught on objects,
            You will naturally become unified.
            This is the essential art of zazen.
            ~Dogen (1200-1253)

            Forward From Daily Zen
            http://www.DailyZen.com

            "Without seeking the Mind, there is no birth; without grasping the Mind, there is no death... - " ~Pei Hsiu, 857
            (Recalling his Master Huang-Bei Tuan-Chis Teachings)

            My Authors Website:
            http://www.AuthorsDen.com/JeremyRobertHuber

            My Yahoo Groups:

            The Village Beat Poets
            http://groups.yahoo.com/group/The_Village_Beat_Poets

            Still Pond Zen
            http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Still_Pond_Zen

          • nachi
            Message 5 of 15 , Jul 4, 2003
              Message
              Dear Brother Jeremy,

              I am rather late to reply back but I as much happy as anyone else on this group to know about the improvement and the good news about your wifes health. When good things happen in good peoples lives the beauty of love shines and warms heart. When Love triumphs over pain, worries...it gives us hope to love life more..to take more chances.

              Wishing Both of You a Wonderful Time Ahead Full of Love, Harmony, Peace & Health,

              With Much Love,

              Nachi.

              P. S. Loved Your message. Loved the picture of Buddha.
              "Without seeking the Mind, there is no birth; without grasping the Mind, there is no death... - " ~Pei Hsiu, 857
              (Recalling his Master Huang-Bei Tuan-Chis Teachings)

              My Authors Website:
              http://www.AuthorsDen.com/JeremyRobertHuber

              My Yahoo Groups:

              The Village Beat Poets