use this form to understand how to facilitate a trauma clearing and to actually do one

  • Cynthia Schlosser
    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 14, 2014

       You will need extra paper to write down the answers. Hand these notes over to the person clearing the trauma when you are finished. It's helpful, to play healing music, such as Enya, while doing the trauma clearing.

      Trauma Healing Form

      Below is the Trauma Healing form. Use when facilitating an emotional healing session. Print out and make copies. Leave the open spaces to have room to write out the answers. Print on one side of the paper only so that the back sides can be used for additional writing if needed. Feel free to share all of this with others.

      [Note: When working with military personnel, it may be necessary to integrate the caring self [pre military programming self] with the combat self. This may be necessary before feelings are accessible for healing. If the traumatized person has a difficult time accessing emotions, please refer to handouts in workbook addressing this.]

      DATE:__________________________________________________________

      TRIGGERED PERSON:____________________________________________

      FACILITATOR:____________________________________________________

      Questions to ask in a Trauma Healing

      1.

      Subjective Units of Distress Scale = SUDS
      On a scale of 0 to 10, where 0 is no distress and 10 is maximum emotional distress.

      What are your suds? What is your distress level?

      Write down suds here_______:

      2. If you were to really get into this upset, how high would your suds go?

      Write this number down here:_______

      3.. What are you feeling now? Write down list of feeling words here [20 approximately].

      Give TP [triggered person] plenty of time to be silent and go within to check in with feelings. If they say one or two feelings words, such as: angry, betrayed, and then look at you, read back the words and

      then say, "Go within and see what other feelings you have." Don’t interrupt their silences. These silent times are when the most important inner work is being done. Keep them doing this until you have at least 20 feeling words.

      4.. Read back feeling word list. Ask, "When have you felt this

      combination of feelings before?"

      Make list of memories that trauma clearing person remembers. [Need approximately

      5 memories of times he or she has felt this way before]. Write them here:

      5. Start with the first memory, and repeat with each one in the list.

      Ask,

      "If you had a magic wand and could magically heal all the feelings associated with this memory, what would it do to your overall suds?

       Write this number down next to each memory.

      The one with the greatest lowering effect of overall suds is the memory you want to clear.

      6. Ask the TP [triggered person] to give this memory a name or title.

      Write it down.

      Now ask, "How long will it take you to tell me this memory from start to

      finish?" Write down the number of minutes. _______

      7. The next step is to then ask, "When you went through this emotional experience, what negative ideas and beliefs about life , aboutthe nature of reality, came from this?

      What negative ideas did you start believing?"

      Write down list of negative ideas here:

      (Typical examples: The people I trust the most betray me the most. I cannot trust anyone. I am not loved. I am not safe.)

      8. Read back the list of negative ideas. Now ask, "What positive ideas about reality did you get from going through this trauma?"

      [Note: Usually TP will say that there are not any positive ideas. Ask them to go within and find at least three. (Typical examples: "Well, I survived." "I was

      strong and got through it." "Somehow I learned to depend on myself." "A higher power protected me.")

      9. Stillphoto: Now ask the TP to pretend that he or she has a scrapbook of their life. Ask them to describe the photograph of this trauma. Describe where, what

      time of day, lighting, furniture or room or place, who was there, ect . Be sure that they describe the scene, but do not let them start telling the trauma yet.

      Write down the description of scene here:

      10. Now tell TP to tell you out loud the entire memory from beginning to end. (DO NOT INTERRUPT ANDDO NOT OFFER ADVICE. The healing process is within

      the TP, and their attention must stay within. Any interruptions, no matter how well intentioned, will break their process and concentration.) As they tell you,

      write it down here:

      Note: if at any time in the tell-retell sequence they make a comment expressing something that they wish could have happened, guide them to go ahead and do this

      in their imagination. For example: TP says, "I wish I could have [I should have] told my father [buddy, friend, wife] _____________________[that I loved

      them, that they should stop, that I am not going to take this any more]. Tell them to take plenty of time to do this and to pay close attention to what the

      reaction is from the other person. Remember that brainwave patterns in reliving feelings are similar to having a dream, and that interaction with the memory,

      just as interaction in a dream, causes deep changes in the psyche. In this case it is a spontaneous healing image bursting from the deepest levels of the inner

      being.

      This applies also to a spontaneous need to pray, or ask from help from a higher source. Have them go ahead and do this in their imagination. [See book:

      Remembering Our Home by Sheila F. Linn, William Emerson, Dennis Linn and Mathew Linn. Available through Amazon.com for documentation and explanation of this

      process.]

      These processes, of course, create healing images in the mind. These healing images are very important. A memory is composed of 3 things. This is known as

      PET = a still photo of the memory or visual image, emotions, and thoughts. All three must change for the trauma to be permanently healed.

      The final image is called the resolution image. This is the image that the TP will remember of this memory in the future.

      11. Now ask the TP to remember the entire memory again silently. Wait patiently while they do so. Remember that any upset, crying, anger. is good. Have Kleenex

      on hand to give them for tears. Have a pillow on hand to muffle their screams of anger and rage, if necessary. When they are finished, ask them what their

      suds are now. Write this number down here:_______

      12. Now ask the TP to go through the entire memory out loud again from beginning to end. It is not necessary for them to repeat anything that they have already

      said, they can if they want to, or they can just say out loud new stuff that they are now remembering as they go through the memory. Either way is OK.

      Ask TP what their SUDs are. Write it down here._____

      The SUDS, subjective units of distress scale, may go up or down, either way is OK.

      Sometimes in reliving a painful memory, the SUDS can spike up as long suppressed information is accessed.

      Write it down here as they talk:

      13. Now ask the TP to remember the entire memory again silently. Ask what their suds are now. Write this number down here:_______

      14. Now ask the TP to go through the entire memory out loud again from beginning to end. Write it down here as they talk:

      15. Now ask the TP to remember the entire memory again silently. Ask what their suds are now. Write this number down here:__________

      16. Now ask the TP to go through the entire memory out loud again from beginning to end. Write this down here:

      Ask TP what their SUDS are now. It should be going down fairly consistantly at this point.

      Write it down here._____

      [During tell-retell, the TP gets new insights into why the trauma happened in the first place. There will be insights into what was going on with the other

      people in the trauma. Compassion and understanding for self and others will begin to appear. Images of healing will spontaneously arise often at these

      times. For example, the patient could say, "My father was worried about supporting us, and he was acting out his rage and frustration about this and

      really didn't mean to act so bad toward us. He really loved us deep down. I see him turning to me and wanting forgiveness and understanding. I see it in his

      eyes." At this point suggest that the TP tell the father whatever he feels in response to this.

      These insights are called ‘healing images’. Be sure to write these healing

      images down.

      17. Ask them to remember it silently again. Then ask, "What is your suds?"

      (Message over 64 KB, truncated)