Womb of Light Newsletter: Happy Autumn! Contemplations for Letting go...

    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 11, 2013

      Womb of Light Newsletter: Happy Autumn! Contemplations for Letting go...
      Womb of Light: The Work of Bethany Webster
      Embody the Sacred Feminine. Give Birth to Your Divine Self.
      Newsletter September 2013
      Beautiful Ones!
      Happy September to you!
      While summer is definitely my favorite season, I love how autumn has a magic and beauty all its own!
      I've come to welcome Autumn as a time of rich, sacred soul time, when I can take stock of the things that I am letting go of and reflect on the new things that I am welcoming into my life. It's as though the outer warmth of summer fades and the inner warmth of the soul heats up----the fire of the soul!
      In times of change, it's natural to feel melancholy as we contemplate the things, people and situations we are releasing from our lives and as our hearts begin to open to new possibilities that reflect more accurately our authentic truth.
      Autumn is also a beautiful time to be in deep receptivity to the messages that call to us from deep within.
      What is beckoning to you now, Friends? What is calling to you from the core of your Being?
      As we make the transition into Autumn, I invite you to join me in taking advantage of this fruitful time of the soul to take stock in how far you have come and what visions and dreams lie ahead of you!
      Some contemplative questions for Autumn:
      • What am I letting go of right now?
      • What do I truly want to create? And what old beliefs do I need to release in order to make room for it in my life?
      • What new beliefs do I need to integrate in order to create what I truly want?
      • What are some ways that I can demonstrate self-compassion and self-love as I release and let go of the things that no longer serve me?
      • What are some ways that I may be unnecessarily struggling or striving?
      • What are some ways I can demonstrate trust in the process of life's unfolding and relax into Being?

      Below is a featured essay on the topic of letting go:  "Turning and Returning: The Foliage of the Heart."  I suggest you treat yourself to a cup of hot tea and a soft, warm blanket as you read it! (Or, if it is a hot and balmy autumn day where you are, perhaps sitting on a blanket under a tree while reading it would be more appropriate!)

      I hope this time of year is particularly rich and nourishing for you!
      With heartfelt joy,
      Bethany

      P.S. Here is a link to the latest blog post on Womb of Light if you haven't seen it already! It called "Claiming our Fullness: Bringing Ourselves Out of Hiding."
      P.P.S Thank you for reading and please do share this newsletter and the blog with any people in your life that you think may benefit! XO
      What's Bethany up to?
      September:
      • Preparing to launch a new special offering for you! (Stay tuned!)
      • My partner, Peter and I are in the middle of selling our home in CT that we've been renting to tenants for the past 7 years. End of an era! (Yay for change and making room for the New!)
      October:
      • Scheduling workshops for the winter of 2014 including a few in Europe! (Woohoo!)
      • Launching new changes to my website www.womboflight.com
      An Important Note to Gmail Users...
      Due to recent changes in Gmail setup, my emails to you will automatically bypass your inbox and appear only under the "Promotions" tab. To fix this issue, follow this simple process (it takes about 20 seconds!)
      First, find an email from me (use this one!), point, click and drag it to the "Primary" tab.
      When you release your mouse, a little note will appear asking you to confirm you want to receive all future email from bethany@... to your inbox- simply click "Yes" when the alert pops up.
      I look forward to staying connected and sending you more content-rich newsletters and juicy program offerings! :-)
      Above: Snapshot from a Workshop in June 2013 in Barcelona, Spain on "Healing the Mother Wound." What an amazing experience!  Excited to go back this winter and do some additional workshops on this topic. I was hosted by Sophia Style, Monica Manse and Isabel Villanueva. They facilitate transformational workshops for women across Catalonia and beyond. Excited and grateful to have connected with them and the women in their networks! It's amazing and affirming to feel the bond of women across the world!
      Featured Essay:
      Turning and Returning: Foliage of the Heart
      I took a walk today and beautiful colored leaves covered the sidewalk. I looked around and saw trees glowing with colors of gold, deep red and orange. It struck me how beautiful it is that the leaves transform right before they die. Right when they are about to let go of the life they've lived for several months. The leaves survived the spring and summer, through many storms, wind, sun and rain. They've held on through so much and are now somewhat threadbare and tired looking. And right when they are about to be dropped and destroyed, they transform into a brilliant beauty. There is something so wise and beautiful in this. It speaks to the transformative, mysterious power of surrender.
      When we are tired of resisting and trying to control life, when we are tired of pretending and striving, we start to surrender and let go, either consciously with intention to do so, or just from sheer exhaustion and overwhelm. We start to desire the deep rest and effortlessness of authenticity and the natural ease that comes from feeling held and supported.
      There is magic in the way that as a leaf slowly falls, it is held and seemingly cradled until it finally rests on the earth.  It can be so soothing to watch a leaf fall slowly and gently to the ground, carried on the wind to a final place of stillness. On a deep level we all desire to release the rigid control that we've been conditioned to believe we must have on life. So often we fear that if we let go and lessen our grip on our life situation, that everything will fall apart immediately. This is not so. We are supported and loved beyond measure, but we can't truly know this in our bones until we actually begin to let go and see what happens.
      Letting go can mean many things to many people. Only you can know what it means to you. It could mean letting go of stress, of worry, or inhuman standards for yourself. Letting go could also mean simply slowing down the pace of your day, or reducing the clutter of your schedule or your living space.  A willingness to let go implies we're done trying to hold everything together perfectly and are ready to be held by Life itself. We're ready for life, a higher power, to take the wheel because we can no longer pretend that we have all the answers.  At this moment, we may feel totally defeated, exhausted or depressed. But I believe this is the moment when the inner leaves start to change within us and transform into a radiance our minds cannot fathom. It's the beginning of an organic process leading back to the center of our being, to our natural state of unity with life.
      As I walked down the street, I noticed that the some of the leaves had just fallen and were still firm, colorful and crisp. Other leaves looked like they had fallen weeks ago, which were colorless, damp and dissolving. Some leaves had already been reduced to pure mush and would soon go back to being undefined dirt, no longer recognizable as ever having been a colorful leaf that survived several seasons. As I walked over the leaves, I saw that they were being slowly pulverized under the weight of my boots.
      After the initial relief and rest of letting go, we can come to a place of stillness and think that this relief is the endpoint. Yet, a pulverizing, or shedding process will ensue once we've rested on the ground of our being for a while. This is the point when people often think that something has gone wrong, that somewhere along the line, they failed, perhaps not letting go "correctly" or deeply enough. This is not the case, although it can seem to be that way. The pulverizing is a purging process in which after deeply letting go, anything that is not in alignment with the deep truth of your being will come to the surface to be faced and released. This includes ideas, beliefs and patterns that we have become attached to and have identified with, that had served only to maintain our defenses against painful emotions or the deeper truths we were not ready to face. This is a phase that, while it can certainly be postponed, it cannot be avoided, and ultimately the intensity and duration is different for everyone.
      In a nutshell, after we surrender and let go, life asks us to let go of all that we are not, in order to become who we truly are.  This is a very holy, sacred time of distilling into our true identity as conscious spirit, life itself in physical form. We die as a leaf and dissolve, returning to the earth from which we initially came.
      When we are in the process of letting go even deeper into Being, persevering through our shedding process, we start to have glimpses of our true nature, which is divine, untouched and ever-present. We see that we are indeed held and have always been held. If we stay true to the simplicity and ever deepening free-fall of surrender, the possibility opens up for us to directly experience ourselves as the One, the indestructible spirit that animates and lives within the heart of all Life. Our lives transform, our motivations change, fears lessen, thoughts are observed with gentleness. We embrace Life, living from a raw openness, simplicity and radical honesty.
      Now the impulses of life move through us easily and we intuitively respond. We see our innate oneness with life. Circumstances change, inspiration sparks, insights flow into us, we feel drawn to once again take form, whether it's a new life direction, a new project, or a new way to fold the laundry. Yet this desire to take a new form is not fueled by the belief that we have to achieve, obtain something or "be somebody." It's simply for the moment-to-moment joy of life itself! While simultaneously creating new forms, and dying as others, all the while, you consciously know your Self as the pure, untouched awareness, ever-present and intimate with itself. You are the fabric of life. You are Love.
      (c) Bethany Webster 2013
      About Bethany Webster:
      Bethany Webster is a writer and international speaker. Her work is focused on supporting women in realizing their true identity as consciousness, claiming their brilliance and embodying their truth with fierce authenticity and self-love. Her signature workshop is called "Healing the Mother Wound." Her message is that our wounds are doorways into our mastery.
      Visit her blogs:
      Contact: info@...
      If this newsletter was forwarded to you and you'd like to sign up to receive future newsletters, please subscribe here!

      23 Center St. #3, Northampton, MA 01101, USA