Mandala Effect: Nelson Mandela Died in Prison?

    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 10, 2013

      The Mandela Effect

      AngelicView: I’d like to share this website I just ran across. This ties in with my post, Reality Shifts. I have also seen many people talking about this in the last year or so in forums. I have copied and pasted below the Home Article on the site, with a link to the site at the bottom. Feel free to go there and comment, or just read the comments – which are equally as interesting!

      Nelson Mandela Died in Prison?

      By Fiona Broome On 9 September 10 · 231 Comments
      nelson mandela died in prison?Nelson Mandela died in prison.  Many people — perhaps thousands — seem to believe that.
      That’s where the title of this website and my upcoming book, The Mandela Effect, came from.
      See, I thought Nelson Mandela died in prison.  I thought I remembered it clearly, complete with news clips of his funeral, the mourning in South Africa, some rioting in cities, and the heartfelt speech by his widow.
      Then, I found out he was still alive.
      My reaction was sensible, “Oh, I must have misunderstood something on the news.”
      I didn’t think about it again for many years, until — in the VIP suite at Dragon*Con — someone casually mentioned that many people “remember” when Nelson Mandela died in prison.
      That caught my attention in a hurry.
      One thing led to another, and I discovered a large community of people who remember the Mandela history that I recall.
      Others have similar “false” memories.  One of the most recent and prevalent is the death of Billy Graham.  Though some claim that people are confusing that with Mr. Graham’s retirement, or perhaps the televised funeral of Mr. Graham’s wife, those who clearly remember the events disagree heartily.
      However, it’s not just deaths.  People have told me about a variety of odd conflicts between their vivid memories and the world they’re currently living in.
      During Dragon*Con 2010, someone insisted that he remembered a Star Trek episode that — according to one star of the show — was never filmed.  The person who remembered the alternate episode wasn’t weird or wild-eyed… he was a very normal person, and only referenced the episode as part of a routine conversation.
      I was there when he heard that the episode never existed.  He was stunned, and quickly tried to find a logical explanation for his “faulty” memory.
      Another quirky “false” memory involves the preview and pre-release of the sequel to the movie, Avatar.
      These aren’t simple errors in memory; they seem to be fully-constructed incidents (or sequential events) from the past.  They exceed the normal range of forgetfulness.
      Even stranger, other people seem to have identical memories.
      This website — and my upcoming book — explore the possibilities of parallel realities, quantum science, real-life “Sliders” experiences, and alternate history.
      If you’ve experienced something like this, I invite you to leave a comment or contact me directly.
      If you believed that Nelson Mandela died in prison, or you have similar memories of a “different” past, let me know.

      © 2012 Fiona Broome.