Sophia's Blog: Go ahead, push that button

    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 4 11:11 PM

      Sophia's Blog

      It’s Independence Day in the U.S.  Perfect.  Today we are focused on truth.  We’ve all memorized the first words of that Declaration: “When in the course of human events…”  Yet what about the last?  “We mutually pledge to each other our lives, our fortunes and our sacred honor.”

      This document isn’t just about declaring our sovereignty, it’s about doing something.  One of two things become the focus of what we talk about and what we do – memories or opportunities.  It is the latter that sparks creativity, engagement, vitality, growth and evolution.  Memories can serve as the starting point, yet once they become our focus – we stagnate.

      Take my car.  About two months ago, the tailgate stopped working.  To open it, I had to climb through the side door into the back to press the inside release.  At first I talked about it a lot, complaining.  Then I was gone for a week, not thinking about it at all.  Yesterday I approached the car, pressed the button on the key and it opened.  Only then did I remember it was broken.

      Later, Dream Hopper asked “How’d you fix it?”  I said, “I just forgot it was broken.”

      This is a dream.  Our focus and belief and actions determine what it looks like.  It wasn’t enough that I forgot the tailgate was broken, I had to press the button.

      What is important to note is that I also stopped complaining and discussing WHAT IS.  As I approached the car I was only thinking about the next thing – getting the stuff home.

      The only thing you control right now is your own life.  Decide carefully where you focus.  You are Gods.  According to all reports, God didn’t say “Let there be light”, followed with “Wasn’t that really cool? I just said let there be light and it showed up!  Isn’t it beautiful?  Wow, that’s amazing. I’m a really good light maker.  Do you remember all that darkness?  Wasn’t that depressing?” etc…

      Memories make great springboards but not landing zones.  It makes sense to honor the Declaration and its writers.  It makes sense to take from it what applies in today’s world and create something new.

      The closer your focus, the slower you move.  Watch the very young.  You’ll see them looking straight ahead at whatever it is they want and making a dash for it.  Watch the very old.  You’ll see them looking at their feet take every step.

      Two hundred plus years ago we pledged our lives, our fortunes and our honor to each other.  What that looks like today is being decided right now.  We are past the time of worshipping and waiting.  It’s time to seize the day.  We are the One we’ve been waiting for.

      Email delivery powered by Google