Gaia Online Tarot: Temperance ~ the Magician ~ Awakening

    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 22, 2013
      The initial message with the Magician is in accessing our personal power responsibly to manifest our desires. This is an empowering affirmation on the ability we have to manifest the potential that lies within us; it is a great awakening to begin stepping into the fullness of the Divine Creative Potential which is at the core or essence within each of us. Questions can arise and may those questions be ones that build upon your courage, aid you in focusing and refining your intuition and discernment with patience, diligence and a conscious awareness of Our Beloved Mother Earth and your intimate innate connection with Her and all who live upon Her. A key foundation comes from the messages that Temperance brings. Harmonizing both the inner and out worlds together and that, in turn, comes through the blending or integration of all aspects of that you are. Combining the "light and dark" together lovingly, respectfully and responsibly. You can begin perceiving that your life is, yes, a work of Art but that you are also the brush as well as the easel. That ability, the Magic Within, is there and vibrantly apart of Who You Are. As we step into the Flames of Transformation we are purifying all of our inner 'elements' and as we step out from that process we are embracing a whole new way of life that we are reborn into.

      Most assuredly apart of that is a death process and know that you are not alone as you go through this. What was is brought into the furnace of your Inner Sun. We are dying to many facets of life that we have known. That which no longer serves and among those is the division of what we have perceived as duality, polarities, etc. We can respect the process by allowing the emotions which come to us to express and again that is done with loving assistance of the beings, guides and the souls here physically. We release and awaken with a heightened awareness and consciousness. As the Resolution speaks upon, some may not have seem themselves in loving service to others but that becomes apart of each and every soul. Serving responsibly, lovingly and patiently however we and our abilities provide and give. Which we can bountifully grow and Co-Create in the process.

      As we align ourselves with the heartbeat of our Beloved Earth we are aligning ourselves with our Highest and Deepest Divine Heartbeat and vice versa. We have the power to share love and healing to all by transforming ourselves into the Divine Loving Beings that we are.

      Be your Truest, Deepest, Divine, Authentic Self and experience a rejuvenation as the Sun Within Us continues to radiate, illuminate, transform and heal with Love.

      The OpportunityThe ChallengeThe Resolution
      14 - Temperance
      Combining opposites

      You have the opportunity to find the serenity of the middle way between polarities. You are ready to embrace the different parts of your personality, both light and shadow, that combine to make your own unique self. Your inner, spiritual life harmonizes with your life in the workaday world. You have discovered that your whole life is a work of art. You may be in need of healing on a spiritual or physical level, and the Winged One — a descendant of the ancient Bird Goddesses — is here to facilitate that for you. She may also aid you as you move into the role of healer yourself.
      1 - the Magician
      Spirit made manifest

      You are being challenged to access your personal power and use it to manifest your desires in a responsible way. You have learned how to focus your will and your passion towards a goal. You may be uncertain about using that power, or you may be tempted to use it unethically. Remember that when you align yourself with the heartbeat of the earth, you have the power to bring forth healing for the planet and all her creatures.
      20 - Awakening
      Getting conscious

      Resolution comes with raising your consciousness and "waking up" in some way. Perhaps you have made a commitment to eating locally-grown organic foods, or perhaps you've begun a new spiritual practice. You now perceive yourself to be part of the global community. You know that your choices and actions affect the entire web of life, and you live your life accordingly, as best you can. As you continue to open yourself up to the life of the Spirit, your heart is filled with compassion and you begin to let go of the judgments and criticisms you have made in the past. To live in alignment with your deepest, most authentic Self is not possible without the help of spiritual allies. It's this knowledge that keeps us humble. You know that your life has purpose and meaning, and this gives you deep joy and peace. Service to others may not have been part of your life in the past, but it is now. When each person gives their own unique gift to the world, the entire fabric of the planet is strengthened and enriched.

      Temperance

      Combining opposites

      The Winged One lifts a shell to pour out her blessings into a bowl of burn- ing herbs. Instead of water, she pours the refracted light of a rainbow. Her third eye glows with sacred knowledge and far-see- ing. The steam-filled pool distorts her re- flection — or is the distortion an accurate picture of another kind? She is a mixed-race child; the bloodlines of many cultures run within her body. By her example, she calls to us to integrate all the disparate parts of ourselves. Her gifts are those of healing, creativity and the integration of light and shadow within us.
      The word “temperance” comes from the Latin temperare, “to combine” or “to mix.” This card is about combining diverse elements to create something new. As such, it is often the signature card of artists. Blue and red make purple; rain and sun make rainbows; water and fire make steam. The full moon rises as the sun sets; the sun rises as the full moon sets. This perfect balance of opposites graces us with extraordinary beauty.
      - See more at: http://www.gaiantarot.com/temperance/#sthash.0v5IbJrh.dpuf

[...]

      Post image for Temperance

[...]

      All content © Joanna Powell Colbert 2003-2011. Please do not reproduce art or content without permission.