FW: [Sant Mat Fellowship] Simran - - The Power of Repeating God’s Name

  • ilona lynch
    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 14, 2013

      -------- Begin forwarded message --------
      Subject: [Sant Mat Fellowship] Simran -- The Power of Repeating God’s Name
      Date: 6/14/13 8:43:32 AM
      From: "SantMatMysticism"
      To: SantMatFellowship@yahoogroups.com

      Simran -- The Power of Repeating God’s Name

      Repeating a Name (or Names) of God with love and devotion, called in the east "Simran", "Manas Jap", or "Zikhr," is one of the key spiritual exercises used to cultivate love for God and to invoke the Positive Power in our daily lives, making it possible to live a life of love. This is usually done mentally, as a mental repetition of a Name of God done during meditation, this practice is done during available moments throughout the day and night as a way to remember God all the time. Says Sant Tukarama:

      "Such is God’s Name
      that it heals the disease of the world.
      Whosoever repeats the Lord’s Name
      while engaged in earthly duties,
      remains ever in a blissful state of divine communion.
      One absorbed in the Lord’s Name, O Tuka,
      has truly attained liberation while living."

      This spiritual exercise of repeating God's Name helps to uplift our day, to bring some of the heaven and bliss of meditation into our down-to-earth daily experience, and is a way to remember in a world of forgetfulness, to remain awake in a world of spiritual slumber, to abide in Truth, no longer dominated by the forces of illusion. Be who you really are wherever you go!