Spiritblogger's Blog: Spirit Message of the M oment – Celebrate Your Surrender to Change

    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 2, 2013

      New post on Spiritblogger's Blog

      Spirit Message of the Moment – Celebrate Your Surrender to Change

      by The Spiritblogger in Seattle
      "This card represents resurrection and a surrender to change. The Phoenix appears as your Ally to celebrate your journey and to ensure your ultimate success. This is true even if it appears that you've just passed through a metaphorical experience of phoenixdeath or are currently enduring a perception of failure in your life."
      "Death and rebirth are related when you enter the realm of the Phoenix. Seen in this light, nothing truly dies, but rather changes from one ending directly into new beginnings. The Phoenix is constantly reinventing itself and rises up whole and new and even more powerful with every death it experiences. This could signal an end of a relationship, or of a dynamic within one, or an end of a job, a project, or even a life. Perhaps no failure is involved, but it's time for a complete overhaul of your circumstances. You may be tired of what you're doing, or you may know intuitively that it's time to move on, make a change, or try something new. Whatever the case, a death of the old and a celebration of new life are called for! Whatever you do now will indeed be a successful endeavor, for a rebirth is imminent!"
      "When the Phoenix challenges you, it's really just a gentle reminder to let go and let what doesn't work fall away. Maybe you're holding too tightly onto the present and not allowing things to change because you're more comfortable with the familiar, even if you know that it's not the best you could create for yourself."
      "Fear of change is a crippling experience, as it works against Nature itself. The task at hand is to allow for an ending, as it's timely and right that you do so for the highest good of all. In surrendering to the fundamental purposeful change, you will most definitely find yourself in better circumstances. The action needed is allowing. A rebirth is assured."
      405368_10150500037554734_1317162623_nThe significance of the Phoenix card reminds me that the one thing we can always count on - is change itself. Things, people, places, and circumstances are always in a constant state of flux and experiencing cycles of various changes. I think it's important that we find a way to gracefully accept, adopt, and move with these changes which bring our future closer to us, if we are truly learning, expanding, becoming more aware, and growing as an individual.  While it's critical that we learn to fully enjoy the moment we find ourselves currently in, it's also as important to develop a skill set that both allows us to happily resonate with our state of being, mind, body, and emotions - and look ahead with a clear vision to what lies just ahead on our life journey; so we can choose what's next for us. After all, each change we've gone through and experienced, has helped to create who we are today.
      A great book comes to mind called Illusions: The Adventures of a Reluctant Messiah by Richard Bach. The forward I'd like to share with you includes a beautiful parable about the importance of Letting Go and accepting change to go with the flow. To me, it serves as a great Zen reminder to be like water, be fluid to move through life and all of its changes, obstacles, and tough circumstances. Water is a powerful and strong source, but can also be soft and yielding in its strength.
      - Angela
      raging river
      Letting Go
      Once there lived a village of creatures along the bottom of a great crystal river. The current of the river swept silently over them all -- young and old, rich and poor, good and evil -- the current going its own way, knowing only its own crystal self.
      Each creature in its own manner clung tightly to the twigs and rocks of the river bottom, for clinging was their way of life, and resisting the current was what each had learned from birth.
      But one creature said at last, "I am tired of clinging. Though I cannot see it with my eyes, I trust that the current knows where it is going. I shall let go, and let it take me where it will. Clinging, I shall die of boredom."
      The other creatures laughed and said, "Fool! Let go, and that current you worship will throw you tumbled and smashed against the rocks, and you will die quicker than boredom!"
      But the one heeded them not, and taking a breath did let go, and at once was tumbled and smashed by the current across the rocks.
      Yet in time, as the creature refused to cling again, the current lifted him free from the bottom, and he was bruised and hurt no more.
      And the creatures downstream, to whom he was a stranger, cried, "See a miracle! A creature like ourselves, yet he flies! See the messiah, come to save us all!"
      And the one carried in the current said, "I am no more messiah than you. The river delights to lift us free, if only we dare let go. Our true work is this voyage, this adventure."
      But they cried the more, "Savior!" all the while clinging to the rocks, and when they looked again he was gone, and they were left alone making legends of a savior.
      - Richard Bach, Illusions
      Comment   See all comments