Gaia Online Tarot: the Wheel ~ the Magician ~ the Hermit

    Message 1 of 1 , May 24, 2013
      "You have the opportunity to embrace the change that is imminent."

      How true that sings to us during this Full Moon weekend. Opportunities are before us, doors are opening within us and around us. The change which is described is imminent comes in response to the change which has, and continues to unfold, from within us. Observe and note the cycle that each of is within for some change can be quite clear and some will be subtle thought it is not elusive. Change is clear especially when we release expectations and remember that the change we are observing we are also a vibrant part of creating. That is a reminder and encouragement to use your personal power responsibly by walking, creating and living within your integrity. The more that we align ourselves with Our Beloved Earth, from a Heart full of sincerity and love, then we are embracing wholeness, change and transformation. Within ourselves and with Our Earth.

      Take time to dip your cup into the well of sacred solitude. This is not cutting yourself off from others nor closing yourself off from life. It is embracing life by relearning the value of replenishing and rejuvenating your Spirit. Spend time with Nature and even within the 'concrete jungle' Nature is not absent. A park, a floral garden, perhaps even taking time for a weekend or more quietly refreshing yourself surrounded plants and flowers you could have there within your apartment. Perhaps go to the roof and feel the comfort, presence and voice of the wind as it moves ever so slightly or strongly. However this speaks to you make time for yourself for in that you are creating a sacred place or space where you can commune, listen, observe, receive and renew your mind, your heart, your body and spirit.

      In that quiet place you will hear the Heartbeat of the Earth and your own becoming more and more in synch. Rediscover your inner song and as you return walk responsibly with integrity, sing your song, dance with passion, shine your light and love freely. ♥

      http://www.gaiantarot.com/online-tarot-reading/
      http://www.gaiantarot.com/oracle/reading.php
      The OpportunityThe ChallengeThe Resolution
      10 - the Wheel
      Cycles and seasons

      You have the opportunity to embrace the change that is imminent. One part of a cycle is becoming another. What is passing away in your life right now, and what is coming into being? Where do you stand right now on the Wheel? Can you see that what is happening does not happen in isolation, but is part of a pattern? Sometimes the change that is coming is obvious and striking. More often, it creeps up on us when our attention has been elsewhere — the trees are suddenly bare and we didn't even notice when the first leaves began to fall. So this card also challenges us to be mindful. Keep track of the cycles of the sun and moon, which mirror our own inner cycles. If things seem chaotic and disorderly in your life, focus on the still point of the turning wheel. Remember that with prayer and the magic of sustained focus, all things are possible.
      1 - the Magician
      Spirit made manifest

      You are being challenged to access your personal power and use it to manifest your desires in a responsible way. You have learned how to focus your will and your passion towards a goal. You may be uncertain about using that power, or you may be tempted to use it unethically. Remember that when you align yourself with the heartbeat of the earth, you have the power to bring forth healing for the planet and all her creatures.
      9 - the Hermit
      Sacred solitude

      Resolution comes as you spend time in sacred solitude. You need to withdraw from the world to focus on your inner life and spirituality. Perhaps you have been wounded in the "wars of the world," or perhaps you are fatigued and empty from putting out so much energy, especially if you are a caregiver. Your well is empty and it needs to be filled. Take some time out for a retreat. Go away to the mountains or the sea, by yourself, without partner or friends. Spend time outside in nature, observing the changes in your environment day by day. Your inner wisdom and sense of well-being will grow effortlessly the more time you spend outside. When you once again enter community life, others will be drawn to the light they see inside you and may come to you for guidance. For part of your purpose is to share what you've learned with others.

      Wheel card Gaian Tarot deck

      Wheel

      Cycles and seasons

      The Wheel of the Year turns and spins, as one season transforms into the next. In this card, the fiery core of the Earth is at the still point of the turning world. Trees of each season are rooted in Her body. Around the trees we see the eight phases of the moon, which correspond to the eight holy days of the solar year. The zodiac is aligned with the seasons and the lunar phases. For example, the Dark/New Moon corresponds to Winter Solstice, the shortest night of the year when the sun begins to wax again. Winter Solstice occurs when the sun moves into the sign of Capricorn. So these three — Dark/New Moon, Winter Tree and sign of Capricorn — all line up on the card, and so on around the Wheel.
      The cycles of nature teach us that all of life moves in a wheel. Wherever we stand on this wheel, we are certain to move to the next point and the one after that, until we are brought full circle to the place where we started, and as T.S. Eliot wrote, we “know the place for the first time.
      Outside the wheel of the solar year, the lunar month and the wheel of the zodiac, we see a circle of prayer beads. This rosary, or mala, is divided into six sets of nine (the magical number of three times three). As we say or sing repetitive prayers, counting beads as we go, we enter an altered state where anything is possible, magic happens, and butterflies — symbol of the soul — break free of the turning of the wheel.

      magician gaian tarot deck

      Magician

      Spirit made manifest

      The Magician is a ritual drummer, the drum his magic wand. He plays the djembe, caught up in the bliss and ecstasy of the trance created by the sound of the drum. He knows that the rhythm of his drumbeat matches the heartbeat of the Earth. Firelight flickers on cave walls, painted with a thousand hands, like the prehistoric handprints in the Cave of Hands (Cueva de las Manos) in Argentina.
      An altar with items representing the four elements anchors him in sacred space. He creates the matrix that allows magic to happen. He opens a door between this world and the world of Spirit. The hand creates magic — whether with a drum, a paintbrush or ritual tool. Hands bring the Unseen into the realm of the Seen.

      Post image for Hermit

      Hermit

      Sacred solitude

      The Hermit retreats from the company of others to replenish his soul in solitude as he communes with the natural world. He listens to the calls of birds as he writes and sketches in his journal at twilight time. He ponders his own mortality, and the gifts and challenges of aging. His guardian is the Barred Owl, who sees keenly in the darkness and embodies silent wisdom. From the sacred smoke of burning sage, visions rise of spirit animals. The Loon, with its primal eerie call, leads the Hermit into the waters of his dreams and ancestral memories. Wolf, the moon’s ally, reminds the Hermit that he is part of a pack or tribe, even when he spends time apart from it. The Merlin is a magical, shapeshifting raptor who shares its name with the Wise Old Man of Arthurian legend. All three are teachers of the Hermit’s soul.

      All content © Joanna Powell Colbert 2003-2011. Please do not reproduce art or content without permission.