IndiaDivine.org: Subjective Evolution of Cons ciousness; Simple Living and High Thinking

    Message 1 of 1 , May 11 11:37 PM

      This world is sometimes pushing forth and sometimes withdrawing. In the same way that a heart expands and contracts again and again, the whole universe expands and contracts. Regrouping within the one, and again manifest as the many - the one and the many - the evolution and dissolution of the material universe takes place. As a heart expands and contracts, the whole universe is manifest and withdrawn.

      One ancient literature of India, the Manu Samhita, begins by describing the creation. In that book, it is written how, before the...

      If one is truly serious about achieving the ultimate goal of human life by perfecting his spiritual inquiry, he must adopt a life style that is conducive to the cultivation of self-realizing knowledge. This life style can be beautifully summarized in the phrase 'simple living and high thinking'. Here simple living is in relation to maintenance of the body, and high thinking is in relation to the aim of one's intellectual pursuits.

      In order to exist in this world it is necessary to maintain one's bodily existence, but as will be shown...
      This newsletter is sent to 258,573 subscribers.