Gaia Online Tarot: Awakening ~ the Lovers ~ the Builder

    Message 1 of 1 , May 10, 2013
      Awakening begins affirming the opportunities we are presented with to raise our consciousness. Indeed these are arriving more and more consistently. These are not coming to us; they are being birthed and arriving from within each of us. The more that we consciously choose to open more to the presence of Spirit within us we are becoming more and more  the Divine Authentic Being that has always been there inside of you. The choices we make reflect that especially when those in alignment with Spirit and that has never truly been separate from Who You Are. Each of us has worth, has value, has meaning. Many of us have had our wanderings, our quests, our yearnings yet even when we find ourselves in the depth of our personal desert remember that those such places are not as devoid of integrity, of life, of love as we many think or perceive. They play that part of assisting us in rediscovering and redefining our Focus, our Spirit, our Passion and our Love which is the root where all does flow from.

      As you let go of self judgments and criticisms you are creating a new/renewed Sacred Space inside. One that is a catalyst for great change, for bringing into balance and harmony that which has been felt or known as an imbalance. You are taking what has been seen and/or taught as opposites and bringing those together. Honoring all and reigniting that the transformation of Self. As each of these are released and enter into transformation the world around you benefits from this. You are entering into the place as a Conscious, Loving Creator who is learning how to love the inner world, to love you, passionately, unconditionally and freely. In so doing that translates outward into the world. You are sharing the gifts that are within you to the world. Service to our Beloved Earth does not mean that you are less important. It accentuates that as the Earth will teach us every part that is Her Body has meaning, that She moves within and brings peace, enlightenment, and joy through Her Presence, Her Love which fans that very flame within us to rise higher, to expand and shine brighter and brighter.

      Look within your inner mirror and ask yourself if you are living a life full of passion and love. If you feel that is lacking be patient to discover why you feel this to be the case and begin the process of falling in love with yourself once more. In doing so you will discover that Divine Presence of Love has never left. Love has been patiently waiting and giving you the signs, the messages, the dreams and allow that Love and Passion to enfold those arms. Follow your heart's desires for when that, emanating from that place of acceptance and serenity will impact and transform the world because it is already taking root there inside of.

      You are building the foundation that enables you to expand your vision, enhance your abilities and see in ways that stimulate the mind. The mind and heart which harmonize together compliment one another beautifully and divinely. There is no separation between intellect and intuition for both are encompass complimentary qualities. When the mind is called for to work upon your Sacred Equations your intuition is a companion that works together with the intellect. There is the perspective that the two are 'different' yet that is just as described. A perception. That becomes redefined and evolves as you do. You can and do become a Responsible Creator as you set the boundaries to enhance your focus, build on your strength, your character, your passion, your heart. Boundaries that are not limitations but fulcrums that accentuate your life and assist you in expanding, evolving, and ascending.

      Be the Builder, the Lover, the Creator that You Are. Full of the Joy, Passion and Love of Life and that is Divine in every way. *:x lovestruck

      The OpportunityThe ChallengeThe Resolution
      20 - Awakening
      Getting conscious

      You have the opportunity to raise your consciousness and "wake up" in some way. Perhaps you will make a commitment to eating locally-grown organic foods, or perhaps you will begin a new spiritual practice. You now perceive yourself to be part of the global community. You know that your choices and actions affect the entire web of life, and you live your life accordingly, as best you can. As you continue to open yourself up to the life of the Spirit, your heart is filled with compassion and you begin to let go of the judgments and criticisms you have made in the past. To live in alignment with your deepest, most authentic Self is not possible without the help of spiritual allies. It's this knowledge that keeps us humble. You know that your life has purpose and meaning, and this gives you deep joy and peace. Service to others may not have been part of your life in the past, but it is now. When each person gives their own unique gift to the world, the entire fabric of the planet is strengthened and enriched.
      6 - the Lovers
      Follow your passion

      You are being challenged to look deeply into your own heart and ask yourself if you are living a life full of passion and love. What gives you deep joy and fulfillment in your life? Whatever it is, are you pursuing it? When you are living an authentic life, pursuing your deepest passions, it is easy to love yourself and then to love others. If you have a choice to make, remember that the Lovers call upon you to always follow your heart's desire.
      4 - the Builder
      Structure, boundaries, foundation

      Resolution comes with making decisions through intellectual reasoning, rather than your emotions or intuition. You may ask yourself: "What am I building? Are the foundations of my life based on strong structures? Are my boundaries clear and well tended?" You are ready to take responsibility for a project where you have authority over others, and where your leadership skills can shine. What kind of a leader are you? Do you lead by example or by dominating? Are you secure enough in your own abilities that you can share power with others? Do you take into account the longterm consequences of the decisions that you make? You may also exemplify the Good Father who loves, guides and protects his children — and gives them the security of clear boundaries by disciplining them when necessary.

      Awakening

      Getting conscious

      With this card, we awaken to a higher level of consciousness, both on a personal level and on a planetary one. We are called to open our hearts to Spirit, to live in a more meaningful way, and to participate in the life of our communities. We “think globally and act locally” and are aware of the dakinis, angels and bodhisattvas that aid us behind the scenes as we work to heal the planet.
      In this image, a young man opens up to the life of the Spirit. He has emerged from the darkness of the tomb/womb of Newgrange and is now fol- lowing the spiral path of the devotee. The compassionate gaze of Kwan Yin, Goddess of Mercy, smiles down upon him. Cranes of peace fly overhead.
      His community encircles him, between the earth and the heavens, creating sacred space where all things are possible. Magic happens, the earth is healed, and so are we.

      Lovers

      Follow your passion

      The Lovers celebrate the sacred feast of Beltane (May Day) in their green- wood bower, attended by the swan of Aphrodite and her twin doves. He is re- splendent as the sun and she, green as the growing earth. He is crowned with leaves, she with May-flowers — hawthorn blossoms, which remind us to “follow our bliss.” Between them they hold the blood- red wild rose of summer, symbol of the sweetness and the sting of passion. A bumblebee hovers near the rose, waiting the chance to drink deeply of its nectar. For a moment, they have turned away from being caught up in each other’s gaze to look outward together in the same direction.

      Builder

      structure, boundaries, foundation

      The Builder is a master craftsman, shown here carving a design of oak leaves and acorns into the post that flanks the front door of his home. He is committed to the ethics and principles of sustainability and has built an earth-friendly house. Drying herbs hang from the rafters, firewood is stacked in preparation for winter, and a spiral of beach stones leads the visitor to the arched doorway.
      The Builder is strong and comfortable in his own authority. Yet unlike most historic emperors, he does not destroy life for his own power or benefit. Inspired by the Green Man, the spirit of the wildwood whose face he has carved into the post, he works in harmony with nature and honors Mother Earth’s animals and resources. The kestrel, a small falcon who hunts with speed, grace and precision, watches and waits as the Builder focuses on his task.
      The Builder is the archetypal Father, the creator of culture, structure and human laws, as compared to the Gardener, who embodies the abundance of Mother Earth. He is the city, she is the country. He is the building, she is the garden. As an architect of civilization, our Builder creates networks and systems that enable people to live and work together, sharing resources and creating a supportive, sustainable community.

      All content © Joanna Powell Colbert 2003-2011. Please do not reproduce art or content without permission.