Gaia Online Tarot: the Seeker ~ the Hermit ~ the Wheel

    Message 1 of 1 , May 4 12:36 AM
      Spring does herald new life, new beginnings, new journeys. When we begin anew does that suggest we divest ourselves what we have learned more before and grown to begin anew? No for those seeds and fruits are always with it yet it does emphasize that we also open ourselves as a beginner in the same moment. An openness and willingness to learn and experience in a new way that benefits ourselves and the world. Is it time to change or break a routine? Sometimes there are those which benefited us greatly but we can find becomes limiting, in whatever way that may speak to each us, an imbalance or simply no longer apart of who and where you are. Be grateful for what we learned from that and the presence it gave in ourselves to release that and step forward in a new and exciting way. Regain the excitement of spontaneity and crispness within us and the air around us. We are ready to and beginning to transform.

      With that realization take the time to rejuvenate ourselves for the new journey. Be aware of the cycle in our life and look around you upon the Earth; look to the Moon and never forget to look within ourselves as well. Let us be patient and remember that ever cycle has equal value and innumerable insights and mysteries that are ripe for us to receive when we maintain an open heart, receptive mind and accepting spirit. Those will be found within us and each of the experiences we have, the steps upon our journey, are the signposts, the affirmations, the guides, etc which will reflect our inner journey and growth as well as how that can and will manifest outwardly.

      So while we take time for that sacred space of rejuvenation and replenishment listen to that Quiet Divine Voice inside. Fine tune our discernment and intuition, nurture and be respectful of yourself and find the peace, serenity and joy which is apart of you. Dip deep into your inner well and with that clarity, revival, and renewal of your Spirit is there full of Love, Patience and Courage. Be prepared and ready to share your wisdom with others in the life that you live. Live Abundantly, Love Unconditionally and Shine Brightly!

      The OpportunityThe ChallengeThe Resolution
      0 - the Seeker
      A new beginning

      You have the opportunity to start a new journey, with a beginner's mind. Is it time to hit the road, either metaphorically or literally? Every time you set out on a journey, even if it's only a one-day hike, you embark on a spiritual journey as well. Be open to all the twists and curves in the road ahead. Be ready for wonderful surprises. Be open-hearted, innocent, trusting and spontaneous. Take a risk! Before you is a brand new adventure — the chance for a fresh start and endless possibilities.
      9 - the Hermit
      Sacred solitude

      You are being challenged to spend time in sacred solitude. You need to withdraw from the world to focus on your inner life and spirituality. Perhaps you have been wounded in the "wars of the world," or perhaps you are fatigued and empty from putting out so much energy, especially if you are a caregiver. Your well is empty and it needs to be filled. Take some time out for a retreat. Go away to the mountains or the sea, by yourself, without partner or friends. Spend time outside in nature, observing the changes in your environment day by day. Your inner wisdom and sense of well-being will grow effortlessly the more time you spend outside. When you once again enter community life, others will be drawn to the light they see inside you and may come to you for guidance. For part of your purpose is to share what you've learned with others.
      10 - the Wheel
      Cycles and seasons

      Resolution comes with change. One part of a cycle is becoming another. What is passing away in your life right now, and what is coming into being? Where do you stand right now on the Wheel? Can you see that what is happening does not happen in isolation, but is part of a pattern? Sometimes the change that is coming is obvious and striking. More often, it creeps up on us when our attention has been elsewhere — the trees are suddenly bare and we didn't even notice when the first leaves began to fall. So this card also challenges us to be mindful. Keep track of the cycles of the sun and moon, which mirror our own inner cycles. If things seem chaotic and disorderly in your life, focus on the still point of the turning wheel. Remember that with prayer and the magic of sustained focus, all things are possible.

      Seeker or Fool card Gaian Tarot deck

      Seeker

      A new beginning

      The Seeker begins a journey, taking a moment to contemplate the road ahead before setting off down the hillside. Perhaps she is murmuring a prayer, or setting an intention. She travels light, carrying all that she needs in her bundle. She has embroidered a butterfly on the back of her vest, signifying her delight in taking wing and setting out on her own path.
      The Great Mountain rises in the east, and the River slowly meanders on its own journey, from the mountain range down to the bay and the ocean be- yond.
      The Seeker is at that stage of life between childhood and adulthood when anything is possible, and her life lies before her like a page waiting to be written. With Fox as her trickster companion, who knows what surprises may await her? Swallows and Swallowtails flit and flutter around her, guiding her way.

      Post image for Hermit

      Hermit

      Sacred solitude

      The Hermit retreats from the company of others to replenish his soul in solitude as he communes with the natural world. He listens to the calls of birds as he writes and sketches in his journal at twilight time. He ponders his own mortality, and the gifts and challenges of aging. His guardian is the Barred Owl, who sees keenly in the darkness and embodies silent wisdom. From the sacred smoke of burning sage, visions rise of spirit animals. The Loon, with its primal eerie call, leads the Hermit into the waters of his dreams and ancestral memories. Wolf, the moon’s ally, reminds the Hermit that he is part of a pack or tribe, even when he spends time apart from it. The Merlin is a magical, shapeshifting raptor who shares its name with the Wise Old Man of Arthurian legend. All three are teachers of the Hermit’s soul.

      Wheel card Gaian Tarot deck

      Wheel

      Cycles and seasons

      The Wheel of the Year turns and spins, as one season transforms into the next. In this card, the fiery core of the Earth is at the still point of the turning world. Trees of each season are rooted in Her body. Around the trees we see the eight phases of the moon, which correspond to the eight holy days of the solar year. The zodiac is aligned with the seasons and the lunar phases. For example, the Dark/New Moon corresponds to Winter Solstice, the shortest night of the year when the sun begins to wax again. Winter Solstice occurs when the sun moves into the sign of Capricorn. So these three — Dark/New Moon, Winter Tree and sign of Capricorn — all line up on the card, and so on around the Wheel.
      The cycles of nature teach us that all of life moves in a wheel. Wherever we stand on this wheel, we are certain to move to the next point and the one after that, until we are brought full circle to the place where we started, and as T.S. Eliot wrote, we “know the place for the first time.
      Outside the wheel of the solar year, the lunar month and the wheel of the zodiac, we see a circle of prayer beads. This rosary, or mala, is divided into six sets of nine (the magical number of three times three). As we say or sing repetitive prayers, counting beads as we go, we enter an altered state where anything is possible, magic happens, and butterflies — symbol of the soul — break free of the turning of the wheel.

      All content © Joanna Powell Colbert 2003-2011. Please do not reproduce art or content without permission.