Isha Lerner's Power of the Flower Tarot: Pomegranate

    Message 1 of 2 , Apr 25 12:10 AM
      "Persephone, Kore, Queen of the Underworld. Persephone signifies the renewed aspect of self that is to be found only if we are willing to travel into the chambers of rebirth to gather the seeds of new possibilities – a cyclic journey between the forces of birth and death."

      In a number of ways our inner journey is often equated to the Underworld. That carries with it a number of connotations which can bring hesitation, confusion, worries, doubts and yes fears as well. Does it take courage to face ourselves at our deepest and highest levels. Courage to look and See your Self. Past the doubts, issues, challenges, fears and more. Courage to See your Strength. Your Beauty. Your Character. Your Radiance. Your Love. All of us have experienced to one degree or another thought of ourselves less than we are. We go through of period of forgetfulness and we do feel as though we have wandered. Yet in the whole process of those experiences what is the "end" result? The wandering can be revealed to a deeper understanding; that it has been apart of the road or path that we are on. That this too has been apart of assisting us in strengthening ourselves; receiving, applying and embracing clarity, wisdom, character, compassion and more.

      Persephone is our guide and companion through this descent and Her presence will assist us to reawaken and rediscover that we are very much apart of Her as She is apart of You. That is apart of the magic, the mystery and the wonder that is experienced and discovered. That you are a truly Magnificent, Beautiful, Strong and Divine Soul. She will give insight, nudges, and direction in how to become more nurturing and patient with yourself just as there is called for the loving patience when you begin a garden. The tilling of the soil as you break up the earth, the planting of the seeds and covering that in the warmth of the bosom of the Earth. The seeds take root and is transformed continually as it breaks open from the shell and the shoot begins to rise upward toward the Light of the Sun and the radiance of the Moon and Her Cycles while remaining rooted deep and strong, loved, held and nurtured by the Presence of the Earth who has Her own Light that comforts and loves unconditionally. That process can and will speak to each of us where we are and bringing to our awareness a remembrance. The remembrance that we carry the seeds of our rebirth as we journey and move from death to life. We will experience this many times within our lives. Keep to your heart that at each time we are becoming renewed and new with each new birth; we renew ourselves by journeying to that inner chamber and look at all the potential that can, will and is manifesting.

      Be patient, full of love and walk with courage and compassion Knowing that all of these which you are receiving is coming from that very place you journey to. You are Hearing The Call of Spirit, of the Earth, of the Universe and where does that emanate from? Right there inside at the depth and center of your Divine Chamber. Experience the joy, love and wonder of creating a new life and rising up and forward to Be All That You Are. There is your Truest Magic shining with a Divine Radiance.

      Pomegranate
      Your card is...

      Pomegranate

      Latin: Punica granatum

      Color(s): Deep red flower with a yellowish center.

      Archetype: Persephone, Kore, Queen of the Underworld. Persephone signifies the renewed aspect of self that is to be found only if we are willing to travel into the chambers of rebirth to gather the seeds of new possibilities – a cyclic journey between the forces of birth and death.

      Signature: Oval, womb-shaped buds which, when fully open, reveal a deep red flower with a yellowish center and a core of tiny seeds. The fruit is covered with a hard, dry skin.

      Healing Properties: A symbol of fertility, pomegranate restores self-nurturing and regenerates fertility on all levels, helping to identify long-buried emotional needs, especially in relation to the mother, childbearing and creative issues.

      Healing: On her journey, Persephone is protected by the luminaries, the Sun and the Moon. She knows that the gestating seeds within her will open to the sunlight even as they are watered by the changing cycles of the Moon.

      Persephone is your guide. Standing between fire and water, she gazes into the beauty of Narcissus. As a bridge between the worlds, you, like Persephone, are forever crowned Queen of the Underworld, and, yet, eternally nourished by the love and mystery of Mother Earth. She will protect you as you make your descent in order to discover for yourself the splendor and magic of the mysterious forces within.