Make A Difference: Chicken Soup for the Soul Version of a Teacher's Tribute

    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 8, 2013

      If this does not display properly or to translate - go to www.makeadifference.cc/130408.htm
      Gifts by the Side of the Road

      Books & ProductseGreeting CardsMoviesWristbandsUTrain Programs
      Story of the Week: I AM A TEACHER
      Note from Jack: One who spends his or her life with the young continues to live, even after he or she has left the planet. That is why I have spent my life saying with great pride and gratitude...
      I AM A TEACHER
      An excerpt from Gifts by the Side of the Road
      by John Wayne "Jack" Schlatter
      I was born the first moment that a question leaped from the mouth of a child. I have been many people in many places...

      I am Socrates exciting the youth of Athens to discover new ideas through the use of questions. I am Anne Sullivan tapping out the secrets of the universe into the outstretched hand of Helen Keller. I am Aesop and Hans Christian Anderson revealing truth through countless stories. I am Marva Collins fighting for every child's right to an education. I am Mary McCloud Bethune building a great college for my people, using orange crates for desks. And I am Bel Kaufman struggling to go Up the Down Staircase.

      The names of those who have practiced my profession ring like a hall of fame for humanity: Booker T. Washington, Ralph Waldo Emerson, Leo Buscaglia, Buddha, Confucius, Moses, Mohammed and Jesus.

      I am also those whose names and faces have long been forgotten, but whose lessons and character will always be remembered in the accomplishments of their students.

      I have wept for joy at the weddings of former students, laughed with glee at the birth of their children and stood with head bowed in grief and confusion by graves dug too soon for bodies far too young.

      Throughout the course of a day I have been called upon to be an actor, friend, nurse, doctor, coach, finder of lost articles, money lender, taxi driver, psychologist, substitute parent, salesman, politician and keeper of the faith.

      Despite the maps, charts, formulas, verbs, stories and books, I have had nothing to teach, for my students really have only themselves to learn, and I know it takes the whole world to tell you who you are.

      I am a paradox. I speak loudest when I listen the most. My greatest gifts are in what I am willing to receive from my students.

      I am the most fortunate of all who labor ... Continue
      Read the Rest of the Story
      Click on the "Featured Story" tab...
      vine_flourish
      To enjoy the free online movie portrayal of this, go to:
      www.IAmATeacherMovie.com
      I Am A Teacher posterReaching out ...
      Mary's Signature
      Mary Robinson Reynolds
      Founder, Heart Productions & Publishing
      www.MakeADifference.com
      PS... Coming up over the next few weeks are: Administrative Professionals Week: April 22- 26, Teacher Appreciation Week: May 6 - 10, Nurse Appreciation Week: May 6-12, Mother's Day: May 12, Father's Day June 16 and Graduations...

      Gifts by the Side of the Road has 101 engaging, heart warming, Our Town - type stories and 24 Tributes to Unsung Heroes Everywhere: TO THE NURSES OF THE WORLD - I AM A SPEAKER AND LEADER - I AM YOUR BADGE ( POLICE ) - TO THE FLIGHT ATTENDANTS - I AM A VOLUNTEER - BEARERS OF THE GIFT (PEOPLE IN SALES ) - I AM A COACH - I AM A TEENAGER - WHAT IS A SOROPTIMIST ? - I AM A COUNSELOR - I AM A GRANDPARENT - I AM A FIREFIGHTER - BROTHERS AND SISTERS - TRIBUTE TO THE MILITARY - TRIBUTE TO THE MILITARY FAMILY - I AM A SCOUT - I AM AN APPRECIATOR - HOW DO THEY DO IT? ( POSTAL WORKERS ) - I AM A LAWYER - BIG BROTHERS BIG SISTERS - I AM A TEACHER - I AM A 4-H'ER - I AM A CHILD ADVOCATE - I AM A HOSPICE & HOME CARE GIVER - TO THE GREATEST GENERATION - and to all the remaining unsung heroes - too many to honor and appreciate in just one book: APPRECIATION
      SPECIAL OFFER:
      Receive 33- 55% Discounts & and up to 60% Discount on 2 cases of Gifts by the Side of the Road for your organization today: www.GiftsByTheSideOfTheRoad.com/OrderNow
      Join the Make A Difference Community:
      Sign up for our Inspirational NewsletterSign up for our
      Inspirational Newsletter
      Like us on FacebookLike us on FacebookLike us on FacebookJoin me on LinkedIn
      You Make a World of Difference by inspiring millions of people around the world by passing it on ...

      Add from.Mary@... to your email address book to ensure delivery
      Forward to a Friend  |    Subscribe
      Net Atlantic