Chant, Rune and Prayers of and for Our Mother Earth

    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 5, 2013
    • 1 Attachment
    • 58 KB

    Have a beautiful collection of prayers with a chant and rune to share. Of course we can an do create these in our heart with the Earth. As each speaks let us receive with an open heart as we honor Our Beloved Earth, one another and ourselves. :) Love, Shay

    http://www.coolchaser.com/graphics/tag/mother%20earth

    Motherearth

    Oh Goddess of the stars, moon and sun
    Let the healing power begin.
    Let the earth be whole again.
    The earth is my mother and I am her child.
    The earth is my lover, free and wild.
    Heal on the outside, heal within.
    Land and Sea, Fire and Wind.
    With love sincere I chant this prayer,
    to make mankind begin to care.
    Let every sister and every brother,
    heal the wounds of the Great Earth Mother.
    Let the healing power begin
    Let the earth be whole again.
    Heal on the outside,heal within.
    Land and Sea, Fire and Wind.
    So Mote It Be!

    O Great Spirit, who art before all else and who dwells in every object, in every person and in every place, we cry unto Thee. We summon Thee from the far places into our present awareness.
    O Great Spirit of the North, who gives wings to the waters of the air and rolls the thick snowstorm before Thee, Who covers the Earth with a sparkling crystal carpet above whose deep tranquility every sound is beautiful. Temper us with strength to withstand the biting blizzards, yet make us thankful for the beauty which follows and lies deep over the warm Earth in its wake.
    O Great Spirit of the East, the land of the rising Sun, Who holds in Your right hand the years of our lives and in Your left the opportunities of each day. Brace us that we may not neglect our gifts nor lose in laziness the hopes of each day and the hopes of each year.
    O Great Spirit of the South, whose warm breath of compassion melts the ice that gathers round our hearts, whose fragrance speaks of distant springs and summer days, dissolve our fears, melt our hatreds, kindle our love into flames of true and living realities. Teach us that he who is truly strong is also kind, he who is wise tempers justice with mercy, he who is truly brave matches courage with compassion.
    O Great Spirit of the West, the land of the setting Sun, with Your soaring mountains and free, wide rolling prairies, bless us with knowledge of the peace which follows purity of striving and the freedom which follows like a flowing robe in the winds of a well-disciplined life. Teach us that the end is better than the beginning and that the setting sun glorifies not in vain.
    O Great Spirit of the heavens, in the day's infinite blue and amid the countless stars of the night season, remind us that you are vast, that you are beautiful and majestic beyond all of our knowing or telling, but also that you are no further from us than the tilting upwards of our heads and the raising of our eyes.
    O Great Spirit of Mother Earth beneath our feet, Master of metals, Germinator of seeds and the Storer of the Earth's unreckoned resources, help us to give thanks unceasingly for Your bounty.
      O Great Spirit of our souls, burning in our heart's yearning and in our innermost aspirations, speak to us now and always so that we may be aware of the greatness and goodness of  Your gift of life and be worthy of this priceless privilege of living.
    .

    .
    Oh Great Spirit, Whose voice I hear in the wind,
    Whose breath gives life to the world, Hear me!
    I come to you as one of your many children.
    I am small and weak.
    I need your strength and wisdom.
    May I walk in beauty.
    Make my eyes behold the red and purple sunset.
    Make my hands respect the things that you have made,
    And my ears sharp to hear your voice.
    Make me wise so that I may know the things
    That you have taught your children--
    The lessons that you have hidden in every leaf and rock.
    Make me strong, not to be superior to my brothers,
    But to be able to fight my greatest enemy: myself.
    Make me ever ready to come to you with straight eyes, So that when life fades as the faded sunset
    My spirit will come to you without shame.
    ~ John Yellow Lark ~
    .

    I call upon the strengths and wisdom which lies within, gifts of the Mother to her Daughter, to lead me toward a greater understanding.
    I know these powers to be existent, waiting patiently for my acceptance, for my readiness to free them from their stale social prisons.
    I seek to see the beauty of the moment and to appreciate and accept myself as I was meant to be.
    Guide my decisions to reflect the right action required for growth and learning and give me patience to know when to be still and wait for the answers, and when to look for them.
    Help me not to forget how to play, to always return the gift of laughter, especially at myself, and may my sense of humor always be greater than my sense of sorrow.
    Keep within me a joy for nature as I strive not to harm the Earth and all her children.
    Open my mind to not judge or condemn, and open my heart to change myself when necessary.
    May the things I learn today lead me forward in my quest for knowledge and understanding, as well as peace within tomorrow.

    Great Mother, I am your daughter and I call to you.
    Teach me courage and kindness and how to love myself
    Help my heart be pure and my vision clear Show me how to live without bitterness and blame Let me know nature which is always true
    Fill me with your silence as I learn the art of patience
    Teach me of my own power and purpose
    Send me your light as you guide me into your dark cave
    Hold me when I am afraid
    Help me to see there is no fault in the Universe, only life dancing
    Reveal to me that timeless space inside
    Where the dance has no beginning and no end
    Fill me with wonder as I touch once again the delicate magic that is life
    In my heart there is much longing
    I am ready to face whatever your Mystery may unveil

     © 2007- 2013  Spirit Walk Ministry