Laura Bruno's Blog: More from Alexander Barry aka Patrick Dixon

    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 3, 2013

      WordPress.com
      laurabruno posted: "Today I'm posting two videos featuring actor, scholar, poet and speaker, Alexander Barry, aka Patrick Dixon.Video 1 gives an overview and context of various beings associated with Human Evolution at this time. It contains fascinating information abou"

      New post on Laura Bruno's Blog

      More from Alexander Barry aka Patrick Dixon

      by laurabruno
      Today I'm posting two videos featuring actor, scholar, poet and speaker, Alexander Barry, aka Patrick Dixon.
      Video 1 gives an overview and context of various beings associated with Human Evolution at this time. It contains fascinating information about Archetypes and their interplay with the evolutionary drama on this planet. "The final frontier is really the awakening and the perception across the threshold of the so-called dead who are not dead. And that's coming. More and more children are being born who can remember past lives, and that's what's coming for humanity. ... People who can see across the thresholds."
      Taken together, these videos almost feel like the time-lapse unfolding of a plant, from seed to sprout to leaf to flower to seed to winter to seed to spring -- a continuous growth cycle of ideas. I've had the privilege of reading some of Alexander's writings and found them simultaneously mind opening, heart centered and deeply grounding. I was pleased to learn today that he's now put up a website, which will gradually release some of his talks and writings.
      In the meantime, I'll leave you with two videos and some notes (in no particular order) that I took while listening. In prose, poetry or lecture, Patrick Dixon's words work and play on what I would call the mythic level. He refers to the "irrational (or pre-rational), rational and suprarational -- noting, "there is something beyond rationality." As someone who loves integration and experiences daily the consciousness of other beings, I very much enjoy his explanations. They do take some digestion, even for me, who lives in a pretty similar "reality." Don't worry if you don't "get" everything he says! I just wanted to share another person speaking about so many different levels of awareness and experience.
      Notes/topics covered, followed by the videos:
      Elementals
      The Cosmic Seed of Truth
      The Solar Logos/Christ Consciousness
      "Archangel Michael -- a being whose task is to activate the heartfelt thinking, the imaginative consciousness."
      Patrick also provides some really interesting discussion about the Archetypal being of Lucifer as the impetus for ideas of and experiences of separation, as well as "beauty without goodness," "the mask," "the glamour." He discusses Lucifer "the being who gave us the ability to look at the surfaces, the beautiful surfaces, the entrancing surfaces." A byproduct of only looking at the surfaces, though, is this false sense of separation from All That Is. The difference between the New Age religion and the deepest Wisdom from ancient traditions is this dressing up of the surface of such traditions.
      [I've commented on this before myself: "The whole New Age movement is just fluff, but it’s based on some actual Truth if you dig around long enough, just like any of the world religions. The problem with the New Age material, for the most part, is that it’s been co-opted and just slightly misses the mark or keeps the deepest secrets hidden but then presents itself as giving all the secret answers beyond the 'traditional' religions. It’s very deceptive. That said … the reason it’s able to be so deceptive is because it does keep a fair amount of Truth hidden in plain view. That attracts seekers. Very few continue to observe themselves and observe Nature to be able to sort out which things are fluff and which things are valuable."]
      More from Patrick:
      Humans as "soul beings," "some darkness, some light."
      The war between Christianity and the New Age.
      Different ways of experiencing "God."
      The "super-paradigm" that combines the best of the East and West.
      "Science needs to be transformed. What they're talking about and what they think they're talking about is something else."
      Looking at the fruits of various movements encourages discernment:
      Waldorf Schools, yoga, Emanuel Swedenborg, Rudolf Steiner, Madame Blavatsky, Theosophy, Krishnamurti...
      About halfway through the second video, you'll find some lively group discussion about religion -- the blessings and the dangers of it, as well as the transcendence of religion through personal experience of the awakening Self.
      "To be an agnostic is a healthier thing than to be an atheist. ... I've spent my life studying science because I know I've got to deal with it. The paradigm that includes the superphysical dimensions is infinitely more interesting. You enter realms, whereas if you really study modern science, ... they've already fixed certain thoughts. They're already graven images. They're there, and that's what people retreat from, and rightly so." Patrick then extols the benefits of having an open mind. "There's more than we know, but the scientific method is built on denial."
      I hope you find these videos as undeniably integrative as I do.
      Comment   See all comments

      http://laurabruno.wordpress.com/2013/04/03/alexander-barry-patrick-dixon/