Laura Bruno's Blog: Vandana Shiva ~ Seeding Deep Democracy

    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 1, 2013

      New post on Laura Bruno's Blog

      Vandana Shiva ~ Seeding Deep Democracy

      by laurabruno
      Scientist, activist, author Vandana Shiva talks about the importance of saving non-GMO seeds and her concept of 'Earth Democracy.'
      “Societies and economies can be destroyed by bombs. Societies can also be destroyed by locking every aspect of life like provision of food and water through an economic war.” ~ Vandana Shiva
      “Gandhi is the other person. I believe Gandhi is the only person who knew about real democracy — not democracy as the right to go and buy what you want, but democracy as the responsibility to be accountable to everyone around you. Democracy begins with freedom from hunger, freedom from unemployment, freedom from fear, and freedom from hatred. To me, those are the real freedoms on the basis of which good human societies are based.” ~Vandana Shiva
      “In nature's economy the currency is not money, it is life.” ~Vandana Shiva
      Comment   See all comments

      http://laurabruno.wordpress.com/2013/04/01/vandana-shiva-seeding-deep-democracy/
      Thanks for flying with WordPress.com