Gaia Online Tarot: Gaia, the World ~ the Sun ~ the Teacher

    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 30, 2013
      You have the opportunity to know that "all shall be well." As this is received Know that this does come from the loving arms of our Mother Earth and, in the same moment, it also emanates from that deepest and highest place inside of us. Embracing Our Mother Earth is embracing ourselves. A description that we can find wanting with the physical words that we speak but with the Language of our Heart-Soul this is communicated and experienced together. A Unity and Wholeness of Spirit. Here we truly are reviving and remembering our Divine Birthright as Child and Creator of and with our Beloved Earth and the Heavens above us and inside of us.

      We are called to the Dance of Love, of Life, from Spirit we discover Her Presence where She has always been. Around us and inside of us. An awakening that sings from our Spirit and we are challenged to answer this right where we are. To add to this Song, to Dance together and to Shine radiantly with love and courage seeing this world illuminated and transformed by your Light as you are transformed by Hers. Let your Creativity be nurtured, expressed and explored.

      We are entering into a new depth of intimacy where we are both ready to receive the lessons of a beloved teacher and to share your lessons, your wisdom, your love as a teacher at the same time. Teachers come in many forms and ways; you too will discover new avenues in how you share and give teaching by living a Life of Authenticity. Immerse yourself into and with the land around you for, in that, you will discover a deeper intimacy with yourself. Each moment of your learning a new aspect of a plant, the pattern of the wind, the behavior of our beloved animal brethren awakes a fresh, new insight into yourself. How is that we could not be transformed and enriched in this? Her Voice speaks clearly "Beloved Ones, there is no way to otherwise be. For as much as you Open yourself to me the deeper and grander you are Opening to your own Beautiful Divine Soul and Nature."

      Embrace the Opportunity before us and within us, rise to the Challenge allowing yourself to shine brightly and become the Resolution that you have looked for through the Eyes of Spirit and Earth inside and out. *:x lovestruck

      The OpportunityThe ChallengeThe Resolution
      21 - Gaia, the World
      May all beings be blessed

      You have the opportunity to know that "all shall be well." This card is the best of all possible cards to get in a reading, because it is the culmination of your spiritual journey. It signifies wholeness and an integration of your spiritual, emotional and physical lives. A major stage or cycle of your life is complete, and a new one will soon begin. You may have had a transcendent experience where you became aware of the life-energy of the planet, and you knew Mother Earth as a living being. This kind of cosmic consciousness is hard to describe, but once we have experienced it we never forget it. Our lives become a cosmic dance in which we forget and remember, forget and remember. When this card appears, you remember your birthright as a Child of Heaven and Earth.
      19 - the Sun
      Radiant joy

      You are being challenged to let your light shine in the world. You may find a big smile on your face. With a huge burst of energy, your spirit is shouting out a great big YES! Perhaps you have accomplished a long term goal or are receiving accolades and attention for the good work you have done. You are healthy, energetic and enthusiastic with a warm and generous heart. It's time to celebrate and get out and play in the sunshine. Sing, dance, make love, let your creativity flow. Shine on!
      5 - the Teacher
      Learning and teaching

      Resolution comes with a spiritual teacher who will soon appear in your life, or you may be ready to become a teacher to others. It may be that this teacher will appear in disguise — the weeds that grow along the roadside, or a heron feeding in the mud flats at low tide. The natural world around you has some of the most profound spiritual teachings you will ever encounter. Perhaps it is time to get to know your Place on this earth in a more intimate manner. Do you know the names of native plants in your area, and how the indigenous people used them? Do you know how to interpret the different calls and songs of the birds in your neighborhood? Do you know where the sun rises and sets on the horizon in summer and in winter? The Teacher calls you to become intimately acquainted with the natural world in the place where you live, as part of your spiritual practice.

      Gaia or the World card Gaian Tarot

      Gaia

      The World —May all beings be blessed

      The silver-haired Grandmother of All holds Mother Earth in her arms, gazing at her with all the joy and tenderness a mother has for her newborn child. The Daughter is here too, in the form of a swallowtail butterfly. (Can this be the same swallowtail we saw on the Seeker card?) Prayers for the planet are perpetually made as prayer flags flutter in the breeze. The wreath of blessing herbs — cedar, sage, sweetgrass and lavender — creates the mandorla gateway, guarded by animals of the four directions. May all beings be blessed. May there be peace on our beloved Mama Gaia.

      Sun card Gaian Tarot

      Sun

      Radiant joy

      From the shadows of the Moon, we move into the clear light of day. A woman dances for joy at the peak of the sun’s power, at noon on Summer Solstice. Even the sunflowers behind her are radiating happiness. As she dances, she experiences that sensation known as “flow.” She is so focused and engaged in her dancing that she loses all sense of self and of the passage of time. She has learned how to create happiness for herself by living a life of purpose and by sharing her joy with others. There is no hidden agenda here, no sadness or darkness or stress, just the sheer joy of being alive.

      Post image for Teacher

      Teacher

      Learning and teaching

      The Teacher is a humble and spiritual figure in the tradition of the Holy Fool or Crazy Saint, known in Sufi tradition as well as in Tibetan Buddhism, Hasidic Judaism and Christianity. Crazy saints speak in riddles, they tease, they laugh uproariously and act intentionally ridiculous. At the same time, they are guileless, transparent and open to a sense of wonder. Who, we ask, is the Wise Man, and who is the Fool?
      The Teacher sits in front of a Western Red Cedar surrounded by five green allies, potent medicinal herbs that many would pass by as weeds. Is it crazy to take as your teacher Dandelion, Stinging Nettle, Garlic, Yarrow and Comfrey? And what lessons are taught by Western Red Cedar?
      The coyote is a Crazy Saint as well. Wilderness tracker Tom Brown Jr. passed on the tradition of “coyote teaching” from his own teacher. “Grandfather” used methods like questioning, teasing and storytelling to inspire and intrigue lazy students. Coyote teaching also happens when you plan to learn one thing (the medicinal use of herbs, for example) and end up learning something else altogether (perhaps the limits of your own courage and stamina).
      Who, we may ask, is the Teacher in this card, and who is the student?

      All content © Joanna Powell Colbert 2003-2011. Please do not reproduce art or content without permission.