Gaia Online Tarot: the Moon ~ the Magician ~ Strength

    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 16, 2013
      The Moon reminds us gently and powerfully that change is a constant and faithful companion. Whether on a large or smaller scale change is a death-rebirth process. Remember to honor that process not by attempting to close a door on what you are feeling and experiencing; rather give yourself permission to express them for that is apart of the process of healing, growing and stepping into a new life by honoring and releasing what was before. You have gone through the chrysalis and emerged to spread wide your wings preparing to take flight.

      Just as change is a constant and faithful companion so is the Moon. She teaches, guides and encourages us to listen to our intuition. Let go of doubt and trust your Self. Ask the questions that bring about insight, give you a deeper root within yourself and know that you can and do flow with the current within you. Find strength and solace there for the Moon has a symbiotic relationship with Our Mother Earth as Her Lunar Presence touches the waters of the Earth and She, in turn, also touches the water inside of us. So should there be tears remember that tears are not a weakness. Rather they are a sign of strength, of courage, of hope and most certainly love. At times it may not feel that way but again trust yourselves and Know that you are Opening a door that enables you pour out those emotions and see deep, deep transformation take place.

      The Moon will assist you in honing the tools to understand more the cycles and phases in our lives. She is not doing the work for us; She is giving us the means to reawaken our own illumination so that even in the deepest parts of the inner night we are not blind. We can and do See. Once more we have the emphasis to journal, to record in writing our dreams, our experiences, our reflections. In that we can See more clearly where we are in our journey and how we are coming into a place of accessing and channeling our personal power. Using that power as a Conscious Divine Soul who lives, breathes and walks within your integrity.

      As you go deep and hear the heartbeat of Mother Earth listen with a quietness and Know that the echo you hear that is in tune with Her heartbeat is your own. This is not as an automaton going through the motions. Rather this is a vibrant, active participation. That you are reawakening to your own inner drumbeat, dancing to the rhythm of your Heart and rediscovering your Voice as you Sing Your Song. As you do this you are becoming the Healer, the Spirit Walker, the Way Shower as you touch that deep place of Spirit bringing out the potential and seeing it manifest through your recognizing and embracing Spirit within you and apart of you.

      Within that comes the clarity and epiphanies; coming through your own inner purification and cleansing. You have taken the twists and turns to change uncertainty into a purity of focus, intent and courage. You are doing more than surviving. You are thriving full of passion, zeal, peace and love. You are finding the place and path of Balance. Within you for as you change you step into and become apart of World Change. Every woman, man and child discovers how they are important by standing true to their Heart and Purpose full of a commitment to Love Your Self and Love The World and All Here. Reawaken that inner fire and Know that as you do this is a Light and Flame that will never be extinguished but rather it will radiate and shine deeply and highly imparting your confidence, wisdom and love through the World Within and the Worlds Without.

      The OpportunityThe ChallengeThe Resolution
      18 - the Moon
      Constant, faithful changes

      You have the opportunity to be aware of the lunar cycle as a model for any life cycle, whether it is a relationship, a job or a creative project. Knowing your place in this cycle can help put your current issues in perspective. As you look at the Moon card, which lunar phase draws your eye? Which phase relates to your current situation? Have you just begun a new relationship, or are you thinking of leaving your job? This card may mean that your latent psychic abilities are waking up, and you are learning to trust your intuition. This may be frightening or confusing if you have spent most of your life guided by the clear light of rationality. The more familiar you become with the language of dreams, symbol and myth, the more comfortable you will be with the gifts that the Moon has to offer. Keep a dream journal, study the arts of divination and magic, open yourself up to non-linear ways of knowing.
      1 - the Magician
      Spirit made manifest

      You are being challenged to access your personal power and use it to manifest your desires in a responsible way. You have learned how to focus your will and your passion towards a goal. You may be uncertain about using that power, or you may be tempted to use it unethically. Remember that when you align yourself with the heartbeat of the earth, you have the power to bring forth healing for the planet and all her creatures.
      8 - Strength
      Courage and inner fire

      Resolution comes as you develop your inner fortitude, the unseen blessing of difficult times. When you face your fears, an unpleasant situation or an inner truth that you don't want to acknowledge, you develop the courage that allows you to persevere during chaotic, stressful times. If you've never before been tested, you may be surprised to discover a wild source of strength you didn't know you had — like a woman giving birth alone in the wilderness. Afterwards, you will be changed, and your sense of personal power will grow. Others will see it in you and call it "charisma." Your inner fire will be awakened, and it will never again go out.

      Moon card Gaian Tarot deck

      Moon

      Constant, faithful changes

      La Luna Bella! A woman invokes the energies of the full moon, while all around her spiral the eight lunar phases. Each month the moon embodies the cycle of descent and return, as it waxes to full- ness, wanes to darkness, and begins to wax again. The Moon is constantly changing, and She is utterly faithful in Her changes.
      This cycle embodies one of the most profound teachings that Nature has to offer us. Every month the lunar cycle, which is mirrored in a woman’s menstrual cycle, reminds us that one stage of life always succeeds another, and that a time of darkness is always followed by renewal.
      Behind the woman we see the Paleolithic relief of the Great Goddess of Laussel, which may be humankind’s first calendar. With one hand she points to her belly (hidden behind the woman’s head) and with the other, she holds aloft a crescent-shaped horn incised with thirteen notches, the number of lunations in a solar year. The woman is accompanied by those allies of the night, Owl and Wolf. Owl teaches us to navigate by our feelings, instinct and intuition. Wolf teaches us to get in touch with our “wildish” nature and howl at that luminous moon. Salmon leaps up from the depths, bringing the wisdom of its own cycle of descent and return.

      magician gaian tarot deck

      Magician

      Spirit made manifest

      The Magician is a ritual drummer, the drum his magic wand. He plays the djembe, caught up in the bliss and ecstasy of the trance created by the sound of the drum. He knows that the rhythm of his drumbeat matches the heartbeat of the Earth. Firelight flickers on cave walls, painted with a thousand hands, like the prehistoric handprints in the Cave of Hands (Cueva de las Manos) in Argentina.
      An altar with items representing the four elements anchors him in sacred space. He creates the matrix that allows magic to happen. He opens a door between this world and the world of Spirit. The hand creates magic — whether with a drum, a paintbrush or ritual tool. Hands bring the Unseen into the realm of the Seen.

      Strength card from the Gaian Tarot deck

      Strength

      Courage and inner fire

      A strong and beautiful woman holds a cougar in her arms. Both wear a crown of flowers. The mountain lion symbolizes her passion, her instincts, her sexuality and her wildness. Instead of believing that her animal nature needs to be subdued, she embraces it and makes it a friend.
      Choices are made from the heart. One becomes a bit wilder, more passionate, more creative. The mindful per- son becomes more spontaneous. There is union between the animal instinctual nature and the “civilized” mind. The infinity sign above her head symbolizes the exchange of energy and information between the left and right sides of the brain — linear and holistic. Inner strength arises naturally from the self-confidence of a balanced, integrated person.
      On the rock we see a carving from Italy (500 BCE) that shows a Gorgon Medusa giving birth, assisted by two lions. When we call upon on our inner strength, we may be calm and resolute or wild and fierce. Sometimes we are the Lady and sometimes the Lion.

      All content © Joanna Powell Colbert 2003-2011. Please do not reproduce art or content without permission.