Gaia Online Tarot: Awakening ~ the Tree ~ the Canoe

    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 9, 2013
      Mercury Retrogrades provide us with opportunities. Opportunities to devote a period toward inner reflection and that is a powerful seed for personal growth, change and transformation. Have we been living our authentic Self? Is there a mindset, an activity, or whatever it may be that we feel bound to or that we perceive limits us? That is not to say we become judgmental nor critical toward ourselves. it is apart of evaluating ourselves and where enter into a place of Divine Humility and Grace. When we do go within the visualizations or images that come to us can vary greatly. A deep lake or forest, a vast desert, the peaks of a cliff or at the heights of a mountain. Whatever that may be if we feel daunted take a deep breathe, find that place of peace and be patient with yourself. This is away that Spirit reveals treasures before us. Dive deep into the lake, immerse yourself into the forest, leap and ride the winds of the cliff, listen to the drum or heartbeat of the earth in the desert. Rediscover that which Your Self and you rediscover true Peace, Serenity, Love and the Divine for each of those are and always have been apart of You. In those moments you are not alone. Spirit is with you, in you and apart of you; your beloved spiritual allies are with you...not to do this for you and foster dependence. Rather to give you encouragement that you have the strength, you have the will, you have the passion and you certainly the love to find your Purpose or whatever you may be questing for. You gain a deeper and richer understanding of life, of Spirit, of You and within that you will find choices which flow up. Ways in which you will enrich your Self and this world by living, breathing and being True to the Earth, to You, to everyone all in balance and love together.

      In that you will find that amidst whatever may seem chaotic in your life that is that inner calm and place that you can enter. You release all that held you in the life you lived and you enter into grace, purpose and passion through the merging of Your Will and Divine Will together. Foregoing the "need to figure it out" or try to have it occur in a specific way. You can and will and do come to that Knowing that all will come together in the Divine Flow. You are apart of that Flow and directing it. Your focus, your ability to forge ahead and discover new horizons as you renew your commitment to Spirit, to your Self, to Love brings a clear resolution in, of and from Your Spirit. Be full of courage Knowing that you can and will succeed no matter how things may appear for they all are apart of you developing, honing and accentuating your Strength, your Commitment, your Devotion, your Passion. Life is full and sweet; reach out to pick the fruit, plant the seeds and Know your allies, physical and spiritual are with You as You are with them. You will Know the prize is already won inside and you are walking in your integrity with deep enlightenment, passion and unconditional love.

      The OpportunityThe ChallengeThe Resolution
      20 - Awakening
      Getting conscious

      You have the opportunity to raise your consciousness and "wake up" in some way. Perhaps you will make a commitment to eating locally-grown organic foods, or perhaps you will begin a new spiritual practice. You now perceive yourself to be part of the global community. You know that your choices and actions affect the entire web of life, and you live your life accordingly, as best you can. As you continue to open yourself up to the life of the Spirit, your heart is filled with compassion and you begin to let go of the judgments and criticisms you have made in the past. To live in alignment with your deepest, most authentic Self is not possible without the help of spiritual allies. It's this knowledge that keeps us humble. You know that your life has purpose and meaning, and this gives you deep joy and peace. Service to others may not have been part of your life in the past, but it is now. When each person gives their own unique gift to the world, the entire fabric of the planet is strengthened and enriched.
      12 - the Tree
      Letting go

      You are being challenged to release attachments, to surrender to the flow. You are no longer in charge of your life. It isn't a time to resist, for everything is out of your control. Give it up. Your world may feel like it's been turned upside down. You can fight this reversal — you can go into it kicking and screaming — or you can surrender with grace and take it as an opportunity to see your life from a different perspective. It is a time to take no action, other than meditation and prayer. Learn to be still. During this time of suspension and waiting, you may discover within yourself the gifts of inspiration, enlightenment and unconditional love.
      7 - the Canoe
      Focused on your path

      Resolution comes with staying focused on your path, and exercising self-discipline as you work towards your goal. Set aside anything extraneous that would distract you or keep you from completing your task. What is your goal? What do you want to accomplish? This may apply to your life in the everyday world — pursuing a course of study, a career goal, a fitness plan, a creative project. It may also apply to your inner life; perhaps you are in a recovery program or are healing from a trauma. Whatever it is, set your intention, take your first steps, and your guides and allies will be at your side to help you on your way. Be of great courage! No matter how hard it seems, you have what it takes to win the prize.

      Post image for Awakening

      Awakening

      Getting conscious

      With this card, we awaken to a higher level of consciousness, both on a personal level and on a planetary one. We are called to open our hearts to Spirit, to live in a more meaningful way, and to participate in the life of our communities. We “think globally and act locally” and are aware of the dakinis, angels and bodhisattvas that aid us behind the scenes as we work to heal the planet.
      In this image, a young man opens up to the life of the Spirit. He has emerged from the darkness of the tomb/womb of Newgrange and is now fol- lowing the spiral path of the devotee. The compassionate gaze of Kwan Yin, Goddess of Mercy, smiles down upon him. Cranes of peace fly overhead.
      His community encircles him, between the earth and the heavens, creating sacred space where all things are possible. Magic happens, the earth is healed, and so are we.

      Post image for Tree

      Tree

      Letting go

      The Hanged Man has always been one of the most mysterious and compel- ling images in the Tarot. Here the dream-like figure is suspended in the yoga posture called vriksha-asana — the Tree. Her grace and balance is a mirror of the serenity of her inner being. She is able to stay centered even when her world is in upheaval, when the horizon is off-kilter and all things are topsy turvy.
      Perhaps our yogini is right side up in an upside down world. Her practice and devotion are evident in the way that she has become at one with the sky and sea. She ignores the discomfort of her position, finding harmony with a deeper vision. She shows us how to “let go and let God/dess.”

      Post image for Canoe

      Canoe

      Stay focused on your path

      The paddler sets out on his quest, unencumbered by baggage or even excess clothing. He is focused on his goal, in- tent, looking neither to the left nor right. The phrase “paddle your own canoe” indicates self-determination and self-reliance. He brings his strength, will and courage to the task at hand. A boat often symbolizes transition from the material world to the spirit world. Here the paddler makes his way in the world while exploring spiritual depths. His task is to live his life with meaning — to infuse everyday life with his soul purpose.
      His paddle is his magic wand, his tattoos his armor. His companions on the journey are Eagle and Salmon, each bringing their own gifts — swiftness, power and keen sight from Eagle, wisdom of the deep from Salmon. The black- and-white Orcas bring their own powerful magic, the balance of playfulness and fierceness. No doubt they will both challenge and guide him.

      All content © Joanna Powell Colbert 2003-2011. Please do not reproduce art or content without permission.