MakeADifference.com: What Happened at 35,000 Feet will bring Tears to Your Eyes

    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 6, 2013
      I am very grateful for Charlyn, a dear and beloved soul, who passed this along to me and wished to share this with you all. It has richly touched me and inspired me. Please do share this as you feel so prompted in your heart. Love, Shay

      Make A Difference Newsletter
      Note from Mary...

      Since we first launched the Acknowledgment Movie with Helice Bridges, the creator of the Acknowledgment Ceremony, we have received so many wonderful stories, one of which I want to share with you today. It came to us from a man who prefers to simply be known as Stan H.

      In the face of any adversity, if we can find a nugget of something to acknowledge about one another, the dynamics can change quickly, if not in an instant.
      I hope you love today's story as much as I do... for me it makes life a daily adventure!

      If face to face acknowledgment is still a little too overwhelming for you, then send our Appreciation eGreeting Cards (*see the one I made for you today down below in the right hand column).

      If you need to advance your career, your credibility, your relationship stability... give it a try. Give a minimum of 3 people a day your acknowledgment of them and the difference they make and see what happens!

      I think
      YOU are great! ...so get out there and keep shining your light!

      Reaching out...
      Mary's Signature
      Co-Creator of the Acknowledgment Movie

      Mary Robinson Reynolds
      Have Mary Speak

      Invest in the MDPA
      UTrain® Program and
      Take 85% OFF the first
      1400 Wristbands!
      [Limited Time]
      Learn More

      Share Your Story
      I love to hear from people around the world and enjoy reading comments on my Facebook page. Share your story with me: Who was the first person who reached out to Acknowledge You? Who was the first person you reached out to genuinely Acknowledge... What happened?

      Learn More

      Learn More

      eGreeting Card

      Stay Married Online Course
      Learn More

      Colors Program
      Learn More
      Mary Robinson Reynolds' Column This Week
      Business at 35,000 Feet a True Story by Stan H.
      Excerpt from Make A Difference with the Power of Acknowledgment UT
      RAIN® Program for Business.

      I went to sleep last night embracing and recalling the various Acknowledgment opportunities in my life. This one comes to mind because business is not always business as we would perceive it to be.

      I sat in my seat on a cross-country flight. As always, I was buried deep in my work in order to distract myself from the boring drone of the engines and to take me mentally away from the mundane nature of yet another airplane trip.

      As I sat there, I could not help but overhear the conversation taking place behind me, between a father and his son. What a beautiful exchange. The father was explaining the wing of the air craft and the physics of lift. The conversation continued for almost the entire flight. What struck me was not the content of the conversation but the fact that this father was actively participating in the experience of life with his son. What a beautiful relationship and expression of a fathers love.

      Moreover, the distinction within me, that such a conversation was an exception and not the rule. I was moved by the love in the fathers voice and the excitement in the voice of his son as they shared and exchanged the learning opportunity of this travel experience. I buried myself in my work and continued to my destination.

      The conference that weekend was wonderful, and I found it necessary to cancel my return flight and spend an extra night providing mentoring for one of the conference participants. Monday morning found me once again settling in, preparing for yet another cross country flight to my next conference.

      As I placed my bag in the overhead compartment I glanced behind me and low and behold, a few rows back sat the same father and son duo. At that point I experienced that inner twinge, that prompt of the innate, that this was not just a coincidental happenstance.

      Once airborne and in a position to "move about the cabin" I took three Blue Wristbands from my briefcase and moved from my seat and introduced myself to the father and his son. I explained how I had been sitting in front of them on the previous Thursday and how moved I was by the love and obvious connectivity between a father and a son. I acknowledged the father for his attentive and loving leadership and dedication to his son. I then presented him with a Blue Wristband and gave him two more and encouraged him to pass on this acknowledgement to two others who made a difference in his life. A part of me wanted to acknowledge his son as well, yet that inner prompting within, told me no.

      I returned to my seat and hunkered down for the remainder of the flight. A few minutes later I felt a gentle tap on my shoulder. I looked up from my laptop to see the brimming face of the young boy whose father I had acknowledged. He stood there before me wearing a Blue Wristband placed proudly on his wrist. His eyes were moist yet the beam on his face told me that the moisture was representative of an expression of joy and happiness.

      "Mr." he asked, "do you have any more of those Blue Wristbands? You see, my dad told me how much he loved me and how proud he is of me. He told me how brave I am and how much I mean to him and how my being with him has made him strong. Then he gave me this Blue Wristband." He pointed proudly to his Blue Wristband. "Then he gave me the other Wristband," he said, "and told me to give it to someone who has made a difference in my life."

      "Well Mr." he continued, "you see back there in the seats in front of my dad, the lady and the girl next to her? That's my mom and my sister. You see, a while back my dad and my mom decided to separate and were thinking about getting a divorce. My mom and sister went to live with my grandma and grandpa and me and my dad stayed back home. We came out here last week to ask my mom to come home and see if we can make our family 'work' again. They said yes, and now we are going back home together as a family. You see Mr., I only have one Blue Wristband left to give away. I can't decide if I should give it to my mom or my sister. I missed them so much, and I'm so happy that they are coming back home with us. I sure would like to give them both a Blue Wristband. Do you have one more?"
      I could hardly contain my tears. I reached into my briefcase and took out the remainder of the package of 100 Blue Wristbands I had with me. I handed them to the young man and asked him to make sure to spread his love to all those who made a difference to him. He graciously accepted these wristbands and returned to acknowledge his mother and sister.
      A little while later as I glanced up from my work, I noticed the flight attendant moving past me, with a Blue Wristband placed on her wrist and, protruding from the pocket of her uniform vest, two more Blue Wristbands. I knew then that the rest of the wristbands were in good hands. As I turned around to find the young boy, I discovered him sitting between his father and his mother and his little sister sitting on daddy's lap. All of them were wearing Blue Wristbands. As our eyes met, there was a most loving and gracious nod of love and appreciation.
      The enigmatic nature of this simple Blue Wristband, once again promoting love and all that is pure and wonderful. At that point I realized that the success of the conference wasn't the only business planned for this trip. Was it Serendipity, Synchronicity, Coincidence? All three? You decide!

      Mary ReynoldsMary Robinson Reynolds, M.S., Educational Psychologist, Author and Producer of the world renowned videos - TeddyStallardMovie.com and AcknowledgmentMovie.com - both amassing over 10 million views within a few short months of their releases - spent many years as a classroom teacher K-8 and then as a counselor K-12. She parlayed her phenomenal success with youth at-risk into her programs for business leaders, entrepreneurs and managers on how to be energetically effective in leading improvement in their organizations through the power of Team Synergy and MasterMinding. She has written six books, developed UTrain Programs that anyone can take into their place of work to build organization wide Team Synergy, and has presented to over 20,000 people in two year period in every major city in the U.S. To learn more go to: www.MakeADifference.com
      PS ... Invest in Make A Difference with the Power of Acknowledgment UTrain® Program and receive 85% Discount on up to 1400 'I Make A Difference' Wristbands!

      ORDER Your "I Make A Difference" Wristbands Now to assure timely arrival for energizing through the Early Spring Doldrums, Spring Award & Recognition Banquets, Rite of Passage & Graduation Ceremonies, Summer Retreats and Bootcamps for your Teams!
      PPS ...*Please note that we accept Purchase Orders from schools, businesses, churches and all non-profit organizations at: www.makeadiff.us?BuyWithPO

      PPSS... IN MY 2013 MOVEMENT and let's Make A Positive Difference NOW!
      1 Million Wristbands for Schools
      Join the Make A Difference Community:
      Sign up for our Inspirational Newsletter
      Like us on Facebook
      Like us on Facebook
      Heart Productions & Publishing, Greater Boston Area   800-249-6587