Gaia Online Tarot: Strength ~ the Tree ~ the Magician

    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 2 1:15 AM
      Challenge is a word that often has the connotation of struggle or contention involved apart of it. Yet within this message, as in many of these, challenge is not being presented as a struggle or contest; rather as an opportunity to rediscover or discover our inner strength, our fortitude, our courage. Stoking that inner fire which allows us to see the blessings, the treasures, that are within a difficult time. Whether it is facing a fear or unpleasant situation or inner truth, as the message describes, we are "walking into the fire" so to speak. When we walk into the fire does this mean we are going to be wilted by it? No! Rather we are experiencing purification, strengthening and being transformed. The fire is not an outside source that you must steel your breath to walk through. This fire comes from within you. This is apart of your inner Divine Source. You can and do create the means to use this 'furnace' to enhance yourself and yes you will be changed by this. You will come out with a stronger connection, a more confident and serene place within. Your personal power and connection to the Universe, to Source, to this Earth is accentuated, deepened and expanded. Charisma is there, as described, as your personal magnetism grows as well for you walking and living and breathing your Truth and standing in your integrity more. Those who are experiencing their own mirrored experiences will be drawn to you as you find yourself moving toward those as well. A deep releasing of what was and coming into more of who you are and Knowing your Self at a more fundamental level.

      As such, as represented by the Tree, you find that you have the serenity, the peace, the release of expectations and the ability to move with the flow of Life, of Love. Remembering that we release the thought of attempting to be "in control" we find that life we lived is no more. There is no control there, as we have touched on in recent weeks, to a life that we have passed on from, that we have died and been into a renewed and new depth and level of life. Control goes "out the door" for now we are embarking on the re-empowerment and harmonization of Divine Will. Seeing this and Knowing it as apart of our own having never truly been separate from that. How each step is apart of the process and those veils have parted and dropped. We no longer have to try to "figure out how it happens" nor make it happen in a certain way or, again, expectation. We are trusting Spirit/Source, we are trusting the process and we are trusting our Self for we Seeing more and more deeply and fully how these are intimately and beautifully the same. No matter what the outer circumstances may be on the world we have the serenity of our inner world and that is healing and transforming: For ourselves which can and will radiate out into the world. One glorious moment at a time.

      You become apart of your Sacred Space for that is where you are tapping further into your personal power. As touched on earlier, here is where we are anchoring ourselves, rooted deep within our Truth, our Being, our Source and it is there we are activating our potential and bringing it into manifesting. You are bringing your focus, your intent from the spiritual into the physical. Do not be hesitant in what you do but do walk in Sacred Divine Responsibility. Listen to the sound of your inner drum for that is You. You are the Drummer and the Drum. You are creating your Sacred Dance; evolving, ascending and transcending from where you were and reclaiming that Divine Birthright along with many others to see the healing of this world and others as you bring that peace, that passion, that focus and healing with Love from within you and share it with the world in a way that aligns with your deepest Truth through and in your Love. Have faith and be confident in your Self for you have the Divine Potential to see all manifest as you harness your True Love and Passion and allow that shine brightly into this world.

      The OpportunityThe ChallengeThe Resolution
      8 - Strength
      Courage and inner fire

      You have the opportunity to develop your inner fortitude, which is the unseen blessing of difficult times. When you face your fears, an unpleasant situation or an inner truth that you don't want to acknowledge, you develop the courage that allows you to persevere during chaotic, stressful times. If you've never before been tested, you may be surprised to discover a wild source of strength you didn't know you had — like a woman giving birth alone in the wilderness. Afterwards, you will be changed, and your sense of personal power will grow. Others will see it in you and call it "charisma." Your inner fire will be awakened, and it will never again go out.
      12 - the Tree
      Letting go

      You are being challenged to release attachments, to surrender to the flow. You are no longer in charge of your life. It isn't a time to resist, for everything is out of your control. Give it up. Your world may feel like it's been turned upside down. You can fight this reversal — you can go into it kicking and screaming — or you can surrender with grace and take it as an opportunity to see your life from a different perspective. It is a time to take no action, other than meditation and prayer. Learn to be still. During this time of suspension and waiting, you may discover within yourself the gifts of inspiration, enlightenment and unconditional love.
      1 - the Magician
      Spirit made manifest

      Resolution comes as you use your personal power in a responsible way. You have the ability to manifest your desires. You know how to enter sacred space and bring spiritual energy into the world of matter. You know how to focus your will and your passion towards a goal. Your creativity energizes you and blesses those around you. You align yourself with the heartbeat of the earth, and bring forth healing for the planet and all her creatures.

      Click on an image to read more about the card or to order a print.
      - See more at: http://www.gaiantarot.com/oracle/reading.php#sthash.vvWDN0cX.dpuf
      The Opportunity The Challenge The Resolution 8 - Strength
      Courage and inner fire

      You have the opportunity to develop your inner fortitude, which is the unseen blessing of difficult times. When you face your fears, an unpleasant situation or an inner truth that you don't want to acknowledge, you develop the courage that allows you to persevere during chaotic, stressful times. If you've never before been tested, you may be surprised to discover a wild source of strength you didn't know you had — like a woman giving birth alone in the wilderness. Afterwards, you will be changed, and your sense of personal power will grow. Others will see it in you and call it "charisma." Your inner fire will be awakened, and it will never again go out. - See more at: http://www.gaiantarot.com/oracle/reading.php#sthash.vvWDN0cX.dpuf

      Strength

      Courage and inner fire

      A strong and beautiful woman holds a cougar in her arms. Both wear a crown of flowers. The mountain lion symbolizes her passion, her instincts, her sexuality and her wildness. Instead of believing that her animal nature needs to be subdued, she embraces it and makes it a friend.
      Choices are made from the heart. One becomes a bit wilder, more passionate, more creative. The mindful per- son becomes more spontaneous. There is union between the animal instinctual nature and the “civilized” mind. The infinity sign above her head symbolizes the exchange of energy and information between the left and right sides of the brain — linear and holistic. Inner strength arises naturally from the self-confidence of a balanced, integrated person.
      On the rock we see a carving from Italy (500 BCE) that shows a Gorgon Medusa giving birth, assisted by two lions. When we call upon on our inner strength, we may be calm and resolute or wild and fierce. Sometimes we are the Lady and sometimes the Lion.
      - See more at: http://www.gaiantarot.com/strength/#sthash.Ysak5JoU.dpuf
      8 - Strength
      Courage and inner fire

      You have the opportunity to develop your inner fortitude, which is the unseen blessing of difficult times. When you face your fears, an unpleasant situation or an inner truth that you don't want to acknowledge, you develop the courage that allows you to persevere during chaotic, stressful times. If you've never before been tested, you may be surprised to discover a wild source of strength you didn't know you had — like a woman giving birth alone in the wilderness. Afterwards, you will be changed, and your sense of personal power will grow. Others will see it in you and call it "charisma." Your inner fire will be awakened, and it will never again go out. - See more at: http://www.gaiantarot.com/oracle/reading.php#sthash.vvWDN0cX.dpuf

      Oracle: Your Gaian Tarot Reading

[...]

      Tips for reading the cards:

      What’s your initial emotional response to the card?
      Does it remind you of anything? If so, what?
      Does one element or detail of the card leap out at you? What does it say to you?
      Trust your intuitive reading of the card before reading the accompanying text.

      Ask another question…

      Receive online readings with the entire 78 cards of the Gaian Tarot with your membership to the Gaian Tarot Circle.
      All content © Joanna Powell Colbert 2003-2011. Please do not reproduce art or content without permission.
[...]

      The Opportunity The Challenge The Resolution 13 - Death
      Dying and being born

      You have the opportunity to become aware that while something in your life is dying, something else is nearing its time to be born. Take the time that you need to grieve for that which is dying, whether it is a cherished dream, a relationship or a belief system. Don't rush the process or deny all your turbulent feelings. Death isn't pretty; it hurts. It's painful. Whatever dies, is dead, and it will never return again in the same form. But just as the Dark Moon gives way to the New, and Winter gives way to Spring, Rebirth will surely follow Death. When you are ready to let go of grief, you will find yourself emptied out and clean, and ready for the next stage of your journey. 1 - the Magician
      Spirit made manifest

      You are being challenged to access your personal power and use it to manifest your desires in a responsible way. You have learned how to focus your will and your passion towards a goal. You may be uncertain about using that power, or you may be tempted to use it unethically. Remember that when you align yourself with the heartbeat of the earth, you have the power to bring forth healing for the planet and all her creatures. 14 - Temperance
      Combining opposites

      Resolution comes with finding the serenity of the middle way between polarities. You are ready to embrace the different parts of your personality, both light and shadow, that combine to make your own unique self. Your inner, spiritual life harmonizes with your life in the workaday world. You have discovered that your whole life is a work of art. You may be in need of healing on a spiritual or physical level, and the Winged One — a descendant of the ancient Bird Goddesses — is here to facilitate that for you. She may also aid you as you move into the role of healer yourself. - See more at: http://www.gaiantarot.com/oracle/reading.php#sthash.Vu42C4Hu.dpuf

[...]

      Strength card from the Gaian Tarot deck

[...]

      You have the opportunity to release attachments and surrender to the flow. You are no longer in charge of your life. It isn't a time to resist, for everything is out of your control. Give it up. Your world may feel like it's been turned upside down. You can fight this reversal — you can go into it kicking and screaming — or you can surrender with grace and take it as an opportunity to see your life from a different perspective. It is a time to take no action, other than meditation and prayer. Learn to be still. During this time of suspension and waiting, you may discover within yourself the gifts of inspiration, enlightenment and unconditional love.
      Post image for Tree

      Tree

      Letting go

      The Hanged Man has always been one of the most mysterious and compel- ling images in the Tarot. Here the dream-like figure is suspended in the yoga posture called vriksha-asana — the Tree. Her grace and balance is a mirror of the serenity of her inner being. She is able to stay centered even when her world is in upheaval, when the horizon is off-kilter and all things are topsy turvy.
      Perhaps our yogini is right side up in an upside down world. Her practice and devotion are evident in the way that she has become at one with the sky and sea. She ignores the discomfort of her position, finding harmony with a deeper vision. She shows us how to “let go and let God/dess.”

      1 - the Magician
      Spirit made manifest

      Resolution comes as you use your personal power in a responsible way. You have the ability to manifest your desires. You know how to enter sacred space and bring spiritual energy into the world of matter. You know how to focus your will and your passion towards a goal. Your creativity energizes you and blesses those around you. You align yourself with the heartbeat of the earth, and bring forth healing for the planet and all her creatures.

      magician gaian tarot deck

      Magician

      Spirit made manifest

      The Magician is a ritual drummer, the drum his magic wand. He plays the djembe, caught up in the bliss and ecstasy of the trance created by the sound of the drum. He knows that the rhythm of his drumbeat matches the heartbeat of the Earth. Firelight flickers on cave walls, painted with a thousand hands, like the prehistoric handprints in the Cave of Hands (Cueva de las Manos) in Argentina.
      An altar with items representing the four elements anchors him in sacred space. He creates the matrix that allows magic to happen. He opens a door between this world and the world of Spirit. The hand creates magic — whether with a drum, a paintbrush or ritual tool. Hands bring the Unseen into the realm of the Seen.

      All content © Joanna Powell Colbert 2003-2011. Please do not reproduce art or content without permission.