DailyOM: Blessings from A Course in Miracles

    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 2, 2013
       Reprinted from DailyOM - Inspirational thoughts for a happy, healthy and fulfilling day. Register for free at www.dailyom.com.

      Today's DailyOM brought to you by:
      Click here for Make Yourself a Money Magnet

      March 2, 2013
      Blessings from A Course in Miracles
      From Blessings from A Course in Miracles On-Line Course
      by Ana Holub

      The following is an excerpt from the "Blessings from A Course in Miracles" on-line course. If you would like to enroll in the course, click here.

      “Forgiveness is my function as the light of the world.” — Workbook, Lesson 62

      This small sentence has helped me so many times, in a million different situations. When I think about the purpose of ACIM, I feel it’s to teach us this: forgiveness is our function as the light of the world.

      Let’s take this statement apart to get the most out of it. It starts out with “Forgiveness is my function.” This teaching is a signpost; it’s a marker which constantly shows us the way.

      There are so many moments throughout each day when we can lose direction. “What’s my function?” we ask subconsciously. Is it being a family member, career person, helper, hot date, smart aleck, best/worst person on Earth? These are roles our egos would have us serve.

      But Jesus tells us that forgiveness is our function – before everything else. He brings us a reminder that underneath all of our roles and posturing, we have a spiritual purpose.

      Our mission is forgiveness as it’s explained in the Course. This is not traditional forgiveness. It’s not seeing that something wrong happened and then trying to fix it using apology or reconciliation.

      Apology and reconciliation are wonderful tools to use in the world, but they are distinct from ACIM’s forgiveness. In the Course, forgiveness is a spiritual action given through each person’s free will. It means seeing the absolute, perfect innocence of every person, including yourself, no matter what happened.

      God creates us in perfect innocence, not once, but eternally and constantly. Tapping into this truth brings us to the second part of Lesson 62: “Forgiveness is my function as the light of the world”. In it, we’re reminded WHO we are. We are the Light of the World, the very stuff of God.

      If we can remember that we ARE the light of the world, and all we need to do is forgive (i.e. see the perfect, innocent light inside of everyone), we’ll enter an experience of the Atonement, or complete union with God. At-one-ment.

      This is the Course in a nutshell. What’s challenging is to live Lesson 62 all the time. No exceptions, no vacations into unconsciousness, no excuses. As you’ll probably find as you work with this lesson, you’ll need to create some new habits of mind in order to begin to be successful. But don’t worry. You’re eternal. The Course shortens the amount of time needed to awaken, but you still have all the time you need.

      Write down on a small piece of paper or on a post-it note, “Forgiveness is my function as the light of the world.” Look at this lesson every morning, throughout the day, and again before you go to bed. Turn it over in your mind. Try it on with your heart.

      Watch how many times you blame yourself, another, or Life for not being perfect, in your opinion. Then remember the lesson. Turn your idea of yourself around. You’re no longer one person; you are the light of the world. You no longer just survive; you forgive and live.

      Write down your observations and new understanding. See what happens, both inside yourself and how the world responds to you. Enjoy exploring the innocent perfection of your true nature!

      Top 10 DailyOM Courses:

      What do you think?
      Discuss this article and share your opinion
      Want more DailyOM?
      Register for your free email, or browse all articles
      From Blessings from A Course in Miracles On-Line Course
      Share the OM:
      Email this to a friend
      Printable version
      Save in My DailyOM
      Discuss this article
      21 Day Yoga Body
      Home | Gift ShopMarketplace | Community | Archives | Share The OM | Contact Us
      Subscribe | Privacy Policy | Disclaimer | Gift Shop FAQ | Advertising Info
      Make DailyOM Your Homepage | Link To Us | Publish DailyOM On Your Website
      © 2004-2012 DailyOM - All Rights Reserved
      No portion of this site can be reprinted without express permission
      Artwork by Wang Chang-Ming