Thought For Today: How Difficult are YOUR Conversations?

    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 15, 2013

      How Difficult are YOUR Conversations?
      Difficult relationships usually mean difficult conversations. Sometime focussing on enhancing the conversational dynamics can help the relationships be a little less difficult.

      'How dare they speak to me like that!'...is a thought that becomes a memory of a ‘bad feeling’, that becomes a fear that it may happen again, that becomes a mental and emotional obstacle, that almost ensures you will have a difficult conversation in the future!

      Conversations become difficult for different reasons. But the root cause always lies within us not them! It’s really just a statement to our self that we need to learn more about our self and why we are making things difficult in the first place. But it’s not easy to see that the other person is never the problem, regardless of what they say or do. But if we can say to our self, ‘now what is this person, this conversation, this scene we are both in, trying to teach me’, we may find that we can come away from the interaction with some moments of personal enlightenment and access to a deeper strength within our self. It’s just that we may have to do that in retrospect at first!
      relax7.com

      Having trouble viewing this email? View in your web browser
      .