Tania Marie's Blog: [New post] Green is the N ew Pink – Spreading the Emerald Glow of Lov e Today and Always

    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 14, 2013

      New post on Tania Marie's Blog

      Green is the New Pink – Spreading the Emerald Glow of Love Today and Always

      by Tania Marie's Blog
      winter to springAnother cycle approaches, as Winter winds down and Spring is soon to sprout through. What does February's Winter celebration of St. Valentine and March's explosion of Spring have in common? They both coincidentally share the reverence of "green symbolism" - more notably, the Heart Chakra. How can this be, you ask, as you are so used to those pink and red hearts and roses you see abound on Valentine's Day?
      Well, both carry an air of blossoming new hope and renewal of joyful splendor, where matters of the heart and life are concerned. Pink AND green, both coincidentally are representative of the energy of the Heart Chakra. Although green is the primary color used with it, it can also be effective to use pink stones (such as Rose Quartz) if they resonate for you, to bring in their softness, in working with the Heart Chakra.
      Green is a color that represents many things to many people–a melting pot of symbolism. The word green is closely related to the Old English verb growan, meaning “to grow.” Everything blooming, growing…a never-ending, cyclical process. Growth is our natural state and anything less than this, simply is “unnatural.” Speaking of which, the most common association for green seems to be found in its ties to nature, naturally.
      Romans used green holly and evergreen as decorations for their winter solstice celebration, Saturnalia, which evolved into a green celebration called Christmas. It is also the traditional color of Islam and was symbolic of resurrection and immortality in Ancient Egypt, where the god Osiris was also depicted as green-skinned. Irish legend states that green clothes attract faeries and aid crops and the “Wearing of the Green” thus symbolizes the birth of springtime. It is known to signify witchcraft for its association with spirits of early English folklores and literatures that also traditionally use it to symbolize nature and its embodied attributes of life, fertility, and rebirth.
      In metaphysics, the Seven Rays system of Alice Bailey, which classifies different metaphysical personality types of humans, designates those of the third ray of creative intelligence as being “on the Green Ray,” while psychics who see auras refer to those with a green aura as typically having health/healing related occupations and being nature lovers. To me, green is the earth and it’s gardens and the caring for it. It’s the color that stimulates transformation, harmony, fertility, abundance and prosperity, endurance, stability, and regal presence. It represents safe passage (like the green traffic light), balances emotions, calms, and is also the alchemy of consciousness from one realm to another through the spiraling energies of DNA. The feeling of green is earthy and yet still feels very much like liquid, with a fluidity that is enchanting. Think enchanted forest or Emerald Bay of Lake Tahoe, Nevada.
      And yet mostly, for me, green denotes love.
      It is in the stories of the medieval period and in Hinduism that we come to learn how green is a true expression of the all-encompassing heart. Medieval stories portrayed it as representing love and the base, natural desires of man, while the Hindu’s use it to symbolically represent the fourth or Heart Chakra. You see, not only is pink indicative of love and the heart, but green is also a very powerful color linked with unconditional love.
      In the human energy system, the source of powerful and creative, unconditional love lies at the center of your chest in the Heart Chakra, or "Anahata," in Sanskrit. This fourth Chakra also lies center of our Chakra energy system and is the most powerful energy, in my opinion, that exists. It acts as a bridge between the upper and lower three Chakras; a bridge between all worlds and illusionary divisions, and a bridge that integrates and balances opposites (body and spirit, male and female, persona and shadow, ego and unity). It is symbolized by a lotus of twelve petals and the color green, with emerald as one of its associated gemstones. It is from this place of peaceful centeredness that love emanates as divine power.
      As our Heart Chakra, green has great healing power and protective qualities. It is the one thing we humans can use powerfully when we learn to naturally access it and stay centered in the presence of it’s energy constantly. The Heart Chakra is an impenetrable force of healing that has no boundaries or limitations. It asks that we see, feel, think, and act on a whole other level that is motivated by nothing more than love. When we come from the purity of our hearts and commit to that compassion and acceptance, it implores us to embrace the essence of our being and know the beauty of all of existence, as an extension of ourselves.
      The Heart Chakra is the jewel of all Chakras, and its green energy is the emerald beauty of all gems.
      Emerald Bridge logoIt was this journey of the heart that became the inspiration behind creating my compassionately conscious business, Emerald Bridge - a merging of body and spirit through the heart with visionary healing arts services. Emerald Bridge was born to reflect and embody this divine and powerful essence of the Heart Chakra and its integrative, healing synergy, helping to spread unconditional love across the globe.
      claddagh ringThe Irish also have a beautiful symbol that embodies this Heart Chakra essence - the Claddagh ring. It has a history dating back to over 300 years and is one of history’s most meaningful and respected jewels. The features of the Claddagh ring symbolize some of the best virtues of human life. The heart held in the hands show love and the hands represent friendship and togetherness, the crown on the heart symbolizes loyalty–all virtues that have increasingly been forgotten in today’s materialistic world. No wonder many people remain fascinated by this Irish ring. People wish that some things would never change. And even though change is natural and inevitable, the core foundation of love that has transcended time, is one thing it wouldn’t hurt to hold on to, and could only benefit us more as we deepen and broaden through its evolvement. Our values and how we treat and honor ourselves, others, and everything around us are telling of what we see as our creation, in respect. Another description of the ring expresses how the heart represents the hearts of each and every member of mankind, in addition to the element which gives everlasting music to the Gael. (Remember that springtime song of birds and love ringing in our ears). The ring is also based on and directly correlative to the Shamrock, one of the oldest symbols of the Holy Trinity among the Irish. This interpretation describes the crown as a symbol of the Father, the left hand as the Son, and the right hand as the Holy Spirit, all caring for the heart in the center, symbolizing humanity. Throughout each varying symbolism, a single theme shines through, specifically that the ring symbolizes the trinity of “Love, Loyalty, and Friendship” or, in Gaelic, “Grá, Dílseacht agus Cairdeas” (pronounced ‘graw, dealshocked ogis cordiss’).
      “The hands are there for friendship,
      The heart is there for love.
      For loyalty throughout the year,
      The crown is raised above.”
      Through that emerald glow of love, we can create and be in that loving energy any moment of the eternity of our lives. And the more we share our green, we can carpet the earth with velvet lawns of unconditional experience. Wearing love and life on our sleeves for always. Let us remember and reflect while we embrace the opportunity to begin anew, by planting tomorrow-seeds, in the now of today.
      On this Valentine's Day I would like to plant the seed of "presence of gratitude and love" daily. As always, these day markers are wonderful times to consciously remind yourself of things you may not be so present with during the day-to-day goings on. Unconditional love and sharing your gratitude in ways that let your loved ones, family, friends, and even people you meet on the street, or connect with in a thought, and see or read about remotely, know that they are cherished, beloved, valuable children of the Universe. And yes, that includes you.
      As you connect more deeply with yourself, humanity, and all of creation far and wide you come to experience the true freedom of your core, luminous being.
      heart plantsLet your intuition and heart be your guidance and your trust, belief, imagination, passion, and connection, your wings to get there. It is hard to wrap our minds around things because the truth is, it is the heart that has to touch it.
      Perhaps we'll start seeing the giving of green hearts and plants with heart-shaped leaves like the Emerald Ripple, Heart Fern, Heart-Leaf Philodendron, or English Ivy for Valentine's Day. While flowers are beautiful, plants are "green."
      (Plants can help slow down global warming by a method known as Carbon offset) - LOVE yourself, LOVE each other, LOVE all of life, and LOVE this Earth!
      I hope you enjoy these expressions of love to carry with you and through you every mindful moment of your life:
      “Unconditional love is the greatest gift of all.” Sylvia Massara, The Soul Bearers
      “The only love worthy of a name is unconditional.” John Powell
       “The only way love can last a lifetime is if it’s unconditional. The truth is this: love is not determined by the one being loved but rather by the one choosing to love.” Stephen Kendrick, The Love Dare
      “Unconditional love, agape love, will not be swayed by time or circumstances.” Stephen Kendrick, The Love Dare
      “The beginning of love is to let those we love be perfectly themselves, and not to twist them to fit our own image. Otherwise we love only the reflection of ourselves we find in them.” Thomas Merton
      “Truly loving another means letting go of all expectations. It means full acceptance, even celebration of another’s personhood.” Karen Casey
      “This fire that we call Loving is too strong for human minds. But just right for human souls.” Aberjhani, Elemental: The Power of Illuminated Love
       “Accept the children the way we accept trees—with gratitude, because they are a blessing—but do not have expectations or desires. You don’t expect trees to change, you love them as they are.” Isabel Allende
      “Love… What is love? Love is to love someone for who they are, who they were, and who they will be.” Chris Moore
      “The greatest gift that you can give to others is the gift of unconditional love and acceptance.” Brian Tracy
      “Intense love does not measure, it just gives.” Mother Teresa
      “I believe that unarmed truth and unconditional love will have the final word in reality. This is why right, temporarily defeated, is stronger than evil triumphant.” Martin Luther King, Jr.
       “To give and not expect return, that is what lies at the heart of love.” Oscar Wilde
      “Only when we give joyfully, without hesitation or thought of gain, can we truly know what love means.” Leo Buscaglia
      “You can give without loving, but you cannot love without giving.” Amy Carmichael.
      “I have found the paradox, that if you love until it hurts, there can be no more hurt, only more love.” Mother Teresa
       “Love has nothing to do with what you are expecting to get–only with what you are expecting to give–which is everything.” Katherine Hepburn
      “Love is, above all, the gift of oneself.” Jean Anouilh
      “Love is the doorway through which the human soul passes from selfishness to service.” Unknown.
       “He who is devoid of the power to forgive, is devoid of the power to love.” Martin Luther King, Jr.
      “Do all things with love.” Og Mandino
      “Love creates an ‘us’ without destroying a ‘me.’” Unknown.
       “Where there is great love there are always miracles.” Willa Cather.
      “All, everything that I understand, I understand only because I love.” Leo Nikolaevich Tolstoy.
      “Where there is love there is life.” Mahatma Gandhi.
      “Since love grows within you, so beauty grows. For love is the beauty of the soul.” St. Augustine.
      “What we have once enjoyed we can never lose. All that we love deeply becomes a part of us.” Helen Keller.
      “Once you have learned to love, you will have learned to live.” Unknown.
       “Love is its own reward.” Thomas Merton.
      “A joyful heart is the inevitable result of a heart burning with love.” Mother Teresa.
      “The ultimate lesson all of us have to learn is unconditional love, which includes not only others but ourselves as well.” Elisabeth Kubler-Ross
       “Love is life…and if you miss love, you miss life.” Leo Buscaglia.
      “All you need is love.” The Beatles
      Comment   See all comments

      Thanks for flying with WordPress.com