Gaia Online Tarot: the Wheel ~ the Tree ~ the Canoe

    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 9, 2013

      These arrive with a perfect synchronicity as we are upon a New Moon and this comes change. This New Moon is a type of herald for the Spring. We are beginning to awaken from the time within during Winter and reconnecting/rediscovering/reawakening to the freshness of Life and with that comes change. The lunar and solar cycles, and all other parts of Nature, are loving and patient guides and teachers. How observant are we of those signs around us? For they are not designed to distract us, to create confusion, doubts nor uncertainties. Rather they are the guides that send us ever inward to tap back into that Creative Divine Source within us. At times the change coming is clear and others times it can be more subtle which calls for us to hone our patience, our intuition and our focus. With that comes a clarity that creates and walks hand in hand with wisdom.

      With that clarity we can perceive more of the attachments which are within our lives and become prepared to release them. As the challenge of the Tree expresses it is time to surrender to the flow. When this speaks of this being the time to "give up" and that you are not "in control" this is not that we have given our power over to another not does it mean that we are now diminished, lacking nor a sign of weakness. It is a sign of our strength, our will, our focus, our forgiveness to ourselves and others and most certainly a sign of our patience, compassion and love. Releasing the frustrations of the outcome Knowing that is everything is moving in within its Divine Symmetry. Surrendering to the flow is giving yourself permission to Open up wider and deeper that that Creative Divine Source within you, that is apart of You. Does the world outside seem to be turned around or upside down? Does some of the change seem sudden and stunning? Life altering? Regain that inner peace and serenity Knowing that at your very Center that you have not lost control of Your Self. You are becoming more attuned to Spirit, to Life, to Love, to You. All which no longer benefits you shall begin to fall away, be released, the cords cut. Some may well be surprising and others will be clear. Release that mindset towards either end of the spectrum; be patient with yourself in the process and understanding will become clearer in each moment.

      You become renewed in your personal commitment to your path and how you will grow and evolve and change. Your focus, your determination, your passion becomes refined through that purification and cleansing and rebirth as you move from one state of life into a new one. Whatever that change in your path or the path itself may be you can do more than get through it and more than survive. You will thrive with new passion, new joy, new love. Know that the prize or goal is already there within you and now You Are The Change that brings these into manifestation.

      http://www.gaiantarot.com/online-tarot-reading/
      http://www.gaiantarot.com/oracle/reading.php

      The OpportunityThe ChallengeThe Resolution
      10 - the Wheel
      Cycles and seasons

      You have the opportunity to embrace the change that is imminent. One part of a cycle is becoming another. What is passing away in your life right now, and what is coming into being? Where do you stand right now on the Wheel? Can you see that what is happening does not happen in isolation, but is part of a pattern? Sometimes the change that is coming is obvious and striking. More often, it creeps up on us when our attention has been elsewhere — the trees are suddenly bare and we didn't even notice when the first leaves began to fall. So this card also challenges us to be mindful. Keep track of the cycles of the sun and moon, which mirror our own inner cycles. If things seem chaotic and disorderly in your life, focus on the still point of the turning wheel. Remember that with prayer and the magic of sustained focus, all things are possible.
      12 - the Tree
      Letting go

      You are being challenged to release attachments, to surrender to the flow. You are no longer in charge of your life. It isn't a time to resist, for everything is out of your control. Give it up. Your world may feel like it's been turned upside down. You can fight this reversal — you can go into it kicking and screaming — or you can surrender with grace and take it as an opportunity to see your life from a different perspective. It is a time to take no action, other than meditation and prayer. Learn to be still. During this time of suspension and waiting, you may discover within yourself the gifts of inspiration, enlightenment and unconditional love.
      7 - the Canoe
      Focused on your path

      Resolution comes with staying focused on your path, and exercising self-discipline as you work towards your goal. Set aside anything extraneous that would distract you or keep you from completing your task. What is your goal? What do you want to accomplish? This may apply to your life in the everyday world — pursuing a course of study, a career goal, a fitness plan, a creative project. It may also apply to your inner life; perhaps you are in a recovery program or are healing from a trauma. Whatever it is, set your intention, take your first steps, and your guides and allies will be at your side to help you on your way. Be of great courage! No matter how hard it seems, you have what it takes to win the prize.

      Wheel card Gaian Tarot deck

      Wheel

      Cycles and seasons

      The Wheel of the Year turns and spins, as one season transforms into the next. In this card, the fiery core of the Earth is at the still point of the turning world. Trees of each season are rooted in Her body. Around the trees we see the eight phases of the moon, which correspond to the eight holy days of the solar year. The zodiac is aligned with the seasons and the lunar phases. For example, the Dark/New Moon corresponds to Winter Solstice, the shortest night of the year when the sun begins to wax again. Winter Solstice occurs when the sun moves into the sign of Capricorn. So these three — Dark/New Moon, Winter Tree and sign of Capricorn — all line up on the card, and so on around the Wheel.
      The cycles of nature teach us that all of life moves in a wheel. Wherever we stand on this wheel, we are certain to move to the next point and the one after that, until we are brought full circle to the place where we started, and as T.S. Eliot wrote, we “know the place for the first time.
      Outside the wheel of the solar year, the lunar month and the wheel of the zodiac, we see a circle of prayer beads. This rosary, or mala, is divided into six sets of nine (the magical number of three times three). As we say or sing repetitive prayers, counting beads as we go, we enter an altered state where anything is possible, magic happens, and butterflies — symbol of the soul — break free of the turning of the wheel.

      Post image for Tree

      Tree

      Letting go

      The Hanged Man has always been one of the most mysterious and compel- ling images in the Tarot. Here the dream-like figure is suspended in the yoga posture called vriksha-asana — the Tree. Her grace and balance is a mirror of the serenity of her inner being. She is able to stay centered even when her world is in upheaval, when the horizon is off-kilter and all things are topsy turvy.
      Perhaps our yogini is right side up in an upside down world. Her practice and devotion are evident in the way that she has become at one with the sky and sea. She ignores the discomfort of her position, finding harmony with a deeper vision. She shows us how to “let go and let God/dess.”

      Post image for Canoe

      Canoe

      Stay focused on your path

      The paddler sets out on his quest, unencumbered by baggage or even excess clothing. He is focused on his goal, in- tent, looking neither to the left nor right. The phrase “paddle your own canoe” indicates self-determination and self-reliance. He brings his strength, will and courage to the task at hand. A boat often symbolizes transition from the material world to the spirit world. Here the paddler makes his way in the world while exploring spiritual depths. His task is to live his life with meaning — to infuse everyday life with his soul purpose.
      His paddle is his magic wand, his tattoos his armor. His companions on the journey are Eagle and Salmon, each bringing their own gifts — swiftness, power and keen sight from Eagle, wisdom of the deep from Salmon. The black- and-white Orcas bring their own powerful magic, the balance of playfulness and fierceness. No doubt they will both challenge and guide him.

      All content © Joanna Powell Colbert 2003-2011. Please do not reproduce art or content without permission.