Tania Marie: [New post] Empowering the Year o f the Snake – Chinese New Year & Reiki Mast er Teacher Training

    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 29, 2013

      New post on Tania Marie's Blog

      Empowering the Year of the Snake – Chinese New Year & Reiki Master Teacher Training

      by Tania Marie's Blog
      Year of the SnakeWhen Venus and I set up our upcoming Reiki and Yoga Workshop Weekend in New Jersey, we hadn't realized that Sunday's Reiki Master Teacher class would coincide with the Chinese New Year of February 10th - The Year of the Snake. One of my dear friends and soon to be Reiki Master Teacher attending this class brought it to my attention when she discovered the beautiful and empowering symbolism it held for her, along with the alignment of pulling a Snake/Healer card for herself in conjunction for the class meaning. I LOVE synchronicity!
      After this discovery I felt that the weekend would be receiving additional transformative empowerment energy, along with extra divine support for all who are attending, given we had followed only our intuitive guidance on dates. It also felt very aligned for my own journey and process as well, especially given my connection with snakes (I do happen to wear 2 sacred snake tattoos - one of which sits entwined on my right hand/wrist used in Reiki sessions and attunements). Afterall, snake symbolism and energy is SO aligned with the effects of the Reiki training and initiation attunements we will be experiencing this day and weekend. Plus, what a powerful way to celebrate the Chinese New Year together in the energy of Reiki and all that it brings, individually and collectively, in opening to.
      We only have 11 days now until our weekend workshop adventures of heart begin and the last day to register is 2/7. If you are in the area and would like to register, we still have some space left. You can email me at tania@... to do so. For all of the details about the workshops in New Jersey on 2/9 and 2/10, please see the link above.
      In light of this, I thought it would be supportive to touch on a little about snake symbolism and the energy of this Year of the Snake soon-to-be, in order to shed a little understanding of what you have to work with while you continue your chosen journey.
      Snakes symbolize cycles, rebirth, patience, fertility, creation energy, eternity, connection to the shadow worlds, secret knowledge, pointed focus, assertive power, primoridal life force, search for balance, eternity, cunning, intuition, awareness, healing, intellect, protection, solemnity, rejuvenation, transformation, the hidden or occult, knowledge, male/female duality, and kundalinin energy.
      Water snakes, or nagas, embody the feminine aspects of nurturing, benevolent, wise qualities, in addition.
      2013 is the Year of the Black Water Snake. Changeability, mobility, and dynamism are the Water characteristics that the Black Snake will embody. The reigning color is black, which is the color of deep waters, space, and abyss and hence will carry the creation, visionary, and imagination energies (this reminded me of my recent post Diving Deep into the Inspirational Abyss ;) ) as well as the energy of the emotions, unconscious, spiritual focus in life, dedication to quiet introspection, interest in understanding the underlying meanings and mechanics of life, flowing, and pooling your resources together in readiness and strength so you are ready to make a move forward when opportunities present themselves.
      This heralds a year of unexpected changes abound and the need for cautious, careful planning, while remaining as flexible and versatile as you can (like the Snake) in order to flow with the changes and strike at opportune and aligned moments. If you are able to ride the transformative waves by embracing the energies present, you can aid a return to balance and harmony, which this collective #6 year is about, rather than get caught in the imbalances and inconstancy that will be brought in with the Snake year - all to help you evolve and learn to "be" the energy of Water, which shifts in chameleon-like ways.
      In summary, some other things the energy of the year will bring includes a time for deep transformation and healing, major out-of-the-blue changes, a time for reflection, going within, and withdrawing rather than being involved in tons of social situations, in order to focus on steady, methodical progress, details and serious responsiblity. (This interestingly coincides with the energies of my own #7 year I've personally been moving into already and so I can say from experiencing and working with this energy that if you embrace it rather than fight it, you WILL experience the rewards).
      This will also be a time for "shedding" the very deep-rooted old in order to release and begin anew, realizing that hidden aspects may surface for your gentle integration. Having all of your senses on conscious-awareness-high-volume will aid you in not being taken by surprise, as well as assist in understanding the perfection of the unfolding. This is a great year for physical healing of the body as well as moving into a more spiritual way of life, if you haven't already. Or, you will start integrating more of this into your life in deeper ways - having it become your way of being, rather than a novelty or side focus.
      For more details on these energies summarized, along with some of the general, coinciding planetary influences, here is the Yearly Horoscope 2013 Year of the Snake from Go To Horoscope
      2013 horoscope: Planets in 2013 year of the black Snake
      2013 is the year of the black Snake begins on February 10th shortly after the New moon in Aquarius, the humanitarian of the zodiac. This 2013 year of Snake is meant for steady progress and attention to detail. Focus and discipline will be necessary for you to achieve what you set out to create.
      The snake is a studious creature. Preferring quiet predictability to ruckus and mayhem. Peaceful solitude is also a Saturn preference. It's not surprising that Saturn has such a strong influence during the year of the Snake.
      In 2013 horoscope Saturn is in harmonious relationship to Mercury, planet of communications; Neptune, our connection to the cosmic whole; and Chiron, the wounded healer. The Trine is a supportive aspect, an aspect of past earned easy situations. A blessing, also known as Grace. But Saturn is still into hard work. It's heavy even when it's good. A new-found ambition to greatness will inspire you to be all you can be, and provide you with the follow through to actually achieve your goals. Saturn knows how to take on responsibility. And, the year of the Snake also supports added responsibility,
      During the 2013 Snake year be prepared to feel like you are on shaky ground. Not quite settled. Uranus is active this year and likes to shake us out of false realities with sudden shocks- lightning bolt change can occur when Uranus comes out to play. Out of the blue realizations create major change. Mars is just itching to go through all this. It makes for super tense times. But also creates movement and growth.
      Be extra careful with your work this 2013 year of the black Snake. Signing documents of any kind requires very thorough attention. 2013 horoscope predict it is a good year to begin important detail work. Research and investigation are supported. The Snake has sneaky energy that can be to your advantage. Look for the holes in the loop.
      Deep transformation and healing are often represented by the Snake. Moreover according to general 2013 horoscope Pluto exposes what is hidden through a deep revealing of subconscious material. Slowly we begin to see the reasons for things, we understand the root cause of some dysfunction. Just like the snake, slowly we shed our skin. We become shiny and new as we acknowledge and release the past.
      Create a safe space to work from this 2013 year. The Snake likes protection, needs to feel safe and secure to utilize its special analytical skills. This is the year to make headway in slow and methodical ways. Saturn will assist this effort as well. Things will definitely be accomplished as you focus forward.
      There is no need to put yourself out there. Consider this 2013 year to focus within. You won't be drawn to social situations as you are more interested in serious progress not superficial chit chat. Allow yourself withdrawal as it is necessary to self reflect and ponder situations.
      Celebrate the 2013 year of the black Snake with dark colored clothing. Honor this transformative beginning with a day positive thoughts. It is tradition to place a pine twig out to represent the Snake. In mythology the Snake often represented healing of the physical body while shifting to a more spiritual outlook. Expect a true release of past blockages this 2013 year. A great deal of quite progress can be made in the 2013 year of the Snake with the help of the planetary energy. Slow and steady wins the race in 2013 year of Snake.
      Comment   See all comments