My Declaration of Self-Esteem: I AM ME ~ Nova Browning Rutherford

    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 21 2:56 AM
      The original photo link is no longer valid but I did find the original author and have that included with the picture she used for this original post below the FaceBook post. :)

      http://www.facebook.com/pages/but-i-love-me-more/353315940589
      http://www.facebook.com/Hold.My.Hand.The.Original

      Source: Hold My Hand

      My Declaration of Self-Esteem
      I AM ME
      In all the world, there is no one else exactly like me
      Everything that comes out of me is authentically me
      Because I alone chose it - I own everything about me
      My body, my feelings, my mouth, my voice, all my actions,
      Whether they be to others or to myself - I own my fantasies,
      My dreams, my hopes, my fears - I own all my triumphs and
      Successes, all my failures and mistakes
      Because I own all of Me, I can become intimately acquainted with me -
      By so doing I can love me and be friendly with me in all my parts - I know
      There are aspects about myself that puzzle me, and other
      Aspects that I do not know - but as long as I am
      Friendly and loving to myself, I can courageously
      And hopefully look for solutions to the puzzles
      And for ways to find out more about me - However I
      Look and sound, whatever I say and do, and whatever
      I think and feel at a given moment in time is authentically
      Me - If later some parts of how I looked, sounded, thought
      And felt turn out to be unfitting, I can discard that which is
      Unfitting, keep the rest, and invent something new for that
      Which I discarded - I can see, hear, feel, think, say, and do
      I have the tools to survive, to be close to others, to be
      Productive to make sense and order out of the world of
      People and things outside of me - I own me, and
      Therefore I can engineer me - I am me and
      I AM OKAY .......................♥ ka

      http://butilovememore.com/2079/declaration-of-self-esteem/

      The Author

      DECLARATION OF SELF-ESTEEM

      I am me.
      In all the world, there is no one else exactly like me.
      There are persons who have some parts like me, but no one adds up exactly like me. Therefore, everything that comes out of me is authentically mine because I alone chose it.
      I own everything about me-my body, including everything it does; my mind, including all its thoughts and ideas; my eyes, including the images of all they behold; my feelings, whatever they may be – anger, joy, frustration, love, disappointment, excitement; my mouth, and all the words that come out of it, polite, sweet or rough, correct or incorrect; my voice, loud or soft; and all my actions, whether they be to others or to myself.
      I own my fantasies, my dreams, my hopes, my fears.
      I own all my triumphs and successes, all my failures and mistakes.
      Because I own all of me, I can become intimately acquainted with me. By so doing I can love me and be friendly with me in all my parts. I can then make it possible for all of me to work in my best interests.
      I know there are aspects about myself that puzzle me, and other aspects that I do not know. But as long as I am friendly and loving to myself, I can courageously and hopefully look for the solutions to the puzzles and for ways to find out more about me.
      However I look and sound, whatever I say and do, and whatever I think and feel at a given moment in time is me. This is authentic and represents where I am at that moment in time.
      When I review later how I looked and sounded, what i said and did, and how I thought and felt, some parts may turn out to be unfitting. I can discard that which is unfitting and keep that which proved fitting, and invent something new for that which I discarded.
      I can see, hear, feel, think, say and do. I have the tools to survive, to be close to others, to be productive, and to make sense and order out of the world of people and things outside of me.
      I own me, and therefore I can engineer me.
      I am me and I am okay.
      ~Virginia Satir
      Your assignment is to put this in a visible place for yourself and others and read it. Out loud. Often. “I own me and therefore I can engineer me.” Isn’t that powerful? To grasp that you and only you are responsible for what is done or not done with your limited time here? In the same breath a gentle wave of anxiety caresses my cerebral cortex ever so slightly, at the thought of me – grain of sand in the span of time, me – having that much control in regards to the course of my life. With that said, we could forge ahead with courage and excitement for the untold future, or do nothing to prevent making a mistake. On the days where you, where I waver, re-read this Declaration of Self-Esteem, this promise to yourSELF. Read it and in that moment begin.
      *This Declaration was found -worn and yellowed- on the fridge of my husbands 85 year old grandmother Ruby. To know her was to know she believed each word of this poem.  She shared with me so I could share with you. Peace in Rest Ruby.*

      Get to know Nova

      NOVA BROWNING RUTHERFORD is a motivational speaker, national radio personality, author, mentor, and activist. Nova has created high-energy workshops, training’s, retreats, and seminars on a range of topics all dedicated to providing individuals with the guidance and tools necessary to reconnect with their authentic selves in order to lead more joyful, meaningful, and creative lives. Continue reading here.

      Designed by JD Design · but i love me more © 2012