Noram Gentile - Healing Chants: Ave Maria - Anatomy of a Sound Healing

    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 20, 2013

       Norma
      Gentile
      sound shaman

      Music CDs

      Meditation & Teaching CDs

      Free Songs and Videos

      YouTube Videos

      Podcasts

      Private
      Healings

      Calendar

      Newsletters

      Articles

      Hildegard

      Store

      Press Kit
      & Booking

      Contact

      Links

      FACEBOOK

      If you feel touched by this newsletter or my music and want to share something back, feel free to make a donation.

      READ ONLINE: http://www.healingchants.com/newsletter1-13.html
      PRINT:
      http://www.healingchants.com/NormaGentile_Jan13.pdf

      Anatomy of a Sound Healing
      description & video based on Ave Maria
      Dear Friends,

      I want to share a complete sound healing from a recent Meditation Concert. Below are links to the video and a written commentary on how the various sections of music interacts with those listening to create healing opportunities. The healing lasted for 12 minutes, and provides an indepth example of creating the potential for healing through sound. Read more below...

      Ave, Maria

      Improvisation on a medieval chant by St. Hildegard of Bingen (1098-1179)
      Sung by Norma Gentile with Atmaram Chaitanya playing tambura

      HD video / phone or tablet video
      Audio mp3 only

       UPCOMING EVENTS - Please pass the word!
      Jan 26-28

      Richmond VA Sound Shamanism Workshop (sound, energy and healing) and Private Sessions (Myra, local contact)
      Feb 23-25

      Tampa FL Sound Shamanism Workshop (sound, energy and healing) and Private Sessions
      March 27 9pm EST

      Free Phone Meditation (local numbers for many countries)
      April 28 at 4pm

      Portland, OR Candlelight Meditation Concert (Tibetan Bowls, Medieval healing chants and more at The Old Church, downtown

      Healing with sound is perhaps the most intricate of the Healing Arts. It necessitates both the ability to move into the most quiet and gentle spaces of the heart, and then into the expansion of Spirit that moves through a concert hall and bathes all those in attendance.

      Here is a journey through the very process itself of healing with sound. In this particular sound healing, we begin with the simple four strings of the tambura, a traditional instrument of India, tuned in intervals of octaves and a fifth. These notes represent the fundamental (audible note) and the first overtones or harmonics of that note. Our ears perceive additional overtones as we hear these notes sounded together over and over again. These overtones, which are created upon the tympanic membrane of the ear, resonate deeply within each of us. These overtones move through the physicality of our ears and stimulate our brain wave patterns. You may notice that while listening to this song it is hard to think a complete sentence. But you may also feel emotions welling up, both comfortable and uncomfortable. This is by design!

      The opening solo tambura pattern of notes gives way to my voice improvising on a simple phrase. This phrase I repeat three times. In a live concert, which is where this healing was recorded, I am asking, internally, a different question of the energies in the room with the repetition of each phrase. In the moment that I finish singing the phrase, I sense the energy in the room shift, responding to the question that I had in my mind as I sang the phrase. Most often I am asking 'What is next?' or 'Is the energy that I am sensing ready to evolve?'

      The guides and angels relating to those people listening as well as the energetic presences of Nature (such as Nature Spirits) recognize when a human is asking them, rather then telling them, how to proceed. I find that holding questions rather than statements in my mind as I sing or speak invites the consciousness of many other Beings to more fully participate in any healing process.

      Healing itself is an act of tension and release. Tension occurs as that which we are ready to release is revealed to us. Release follows as we come into the realization that we no longer need it. Music serves to reveal to us those emotions and behavioral patterns that are not conducive to the expression of ease, grace and beauty in our life. Sometimes that means feeling emotions or sensations that are not easy to feel while listening to music.

      You may experience just such a sense of uneasiness while listening to the middle section of this sound healing. This is the section that reveals those energetic patterns which your soul and body are ready to release. This means that it is only your personality that is (stubbornly perhaps?) holding onto the patterns. Sometimes it feels like the space around your body is being massaged or even scrubbed clean. Sensations of uneasiness are often caused by our own personalities gripping onto beliefs, habits or energy patterns that our body and soul have decided already to release. I find that breathing consciously into my lower body brings me more in touch with the discomfort I am experiencing. Once I notice if it is a body sensation, an emotion or a fearful thought, I ask the thought, emotion or body sensation if it is really mine. Is it really mine right now? Most often by asking questions I also give the pattern permission to depart.

      And now begins the replenishment of the body. After the release of any pattern there is a need to replace the old energies with fresh new ones. Just as our body is designed to be fed nutritionally every day, so too our body has the resources to nourish and replenish itself from the vibrations around it. Within the context of music, we are able to resonate with newly revealed vibrations that now serve us in our soul's journey. These vibrations, which may reflect qualities such as love, compassion or patience, courage or contemplative focus, are and have always been within us. The concluding segment of the sound healing is merely a time of remembrance, allowing these qualities within your Being to be magnified.

      In the moment of silence following the sound healing your body chooses to embrace the healing itself. It is in this moment of time, following the cessation of the audible sound, that the healing offered through the song is received into the cells of your physical body. Your experience of this healing moment is often experienced as a deep sigh.

      "Healing is an art not of incessant insistent infliction of change, but rather the artful availability of Grace, Patience and Compassion from within the Healer's Heart." -Mary (through Norma)

      You can hear Norma sing the original medieval healing chant composed by Hildegard of Bingen on Norma's album Unfurling Love's Creation (it's song #4)

       Ave, Maria
      (original Latin text by Hildegard of Bingen 1098-1179, translated into English by Norma Gentile)

      Behold, Mary,
        you who increase life,
        who rebuilds the path,
      You who confused death
        and wore down the serpent,
      To you Eve raised herself up,
        her neck rigid with inflated arrogance.

      You strode upon this arrogance
        while bearing God's Son of Heaven
        through whom the spirit of God breathes.

      O gentle and loving Mother,
        I behold you.
      For Heaven released into the world
        that which you brought forth.
      This one,
        through whom the spirit of God breathes.

      Glory to the Begetter of All, the Children of All and the Holy Spirit.
      And to this one,
        through whom the spirit of God breathes.

      Norma's formal training in music (BM, MM, University of Michigan, Voice Performance) combined with her studies in esoteric healing have helped Norma understand how sound affects our ability to heal, and influenced her exploration of chant as a modality of healing. Her concert performances and recordings are unique experiences of this integration of sacred sound and sacred healing. Norma's website offers sound clips, podcasts, articles, and a monthly e-newsletter. Her latest recording, Songs of Spirit, is now available at iTunes, Amazon.com and her website: www.HealingChants.com

      Atmaram Chaitanya was initiated in brahmacharya and became a certified meditation instructor in the shaktipat tradition of Bhagavan Nityananda of Ganeshpuri by Swami Muktananda in 1978. Later he was given the title Chaitanya by Mahamandaleswar Swami Shankarananda of the same linage. Singing and accompanying bhakti kirtan for the past 40 years, he has helped facilitate kirtans at ashrams, temples, yoga studios, retreats, festivals, and homes around the U.S. and India. Atmaram sings and plays tambura and dotar with the Indian music group Sumkali as well as Ann Arbor Kirtan, has a BBA degree in Internet Marketing, and is the Webmaster for the Center for Wireless Integrated Microsensors and Systems at the University of Michigan.

      RICHMOND VA
      Saturday, January 26 from10am - 6pm
      ------------------------------------
      Intro to Sound Shamanism Workshop
      Sound, Energy and Healing

      This is a one-day workshop for Practitioners, Performers, and Advanced Students.  If you honor that the power to heal is within each of us, you are the type of person who will benefit from the weekend.
      The workshop is an interactive experiential training, limited to a dozen participants, with plenty of time for personal focus and questions. I want you to learn how to use and integrate what I am sharing into your own life, meditation, and practice. Please do share this with others whom you think might be interested.

      The day ncludes
      - Applying sound to Energy Healing
      - Singing, chanting and toning using breath power
      - Creating sacred grids for easy clearing
      - Using Archangel Michael, Mary, and others in personal healing
      - New Nature energy provides physical regeneration
      - Grounding using Nature & Earth Energies for support
      Norma Gentile, sound shaman, incorporates both sound and energy healing into her private sessions, workshops and concerts. Holding a masters in Voice Performance and years of study with esoteric teachers, Norma is a natural intuitive and channel who receives information from Spirit both in written words and through music. She has recorded four albums of healing music, writes for Sedona Journal, and provides monthly sound healings for Drunvalo Melchizedek's online ezine www.spiritofmaat.com.

      For those of you who want to know more about Norma's own experiences with this technique, which uses sound to magnify other healing modalities, please
      read here (Honoring Spirit in the Healing Process)

      COST: $99 before Jan 10, $115 after
      Limited to 14 participants

      LOCATION:
      Private Home in Richmond

      This workshop is suitable for practitioners and advanced students.
      The workshop is limited in size, so there is plenty of time for individual questions and inquiry.

      Sunday - Monday Jan 27-28 in Richmond VA
      Private Healing Sessions

      I am very good at helping to lift off heavy energies and get chronic issues to begin to move. Any energy released goes home, to follow its own growth and evolution. This means that what is released does not return. And it means that those energies with awareness know that I mean to help them. In this way your agreement to "keep them safe" is brought to completion, because they are released with honor and respect onto their next step. This is true of all energies, big or small, that your soul and body are ready to release.

      Remember that any energy in your body or aura that is not in time or in tune with you will cause a slow, steady draining of your vitality. This leads to larger issues arising in the physical body, emotional overwhelm, and psychic cloudiness. A complete "deep cleaning" regularly can help you find, address, and release what is no longer yours to carry. This frees you up to engage fully with your own life's issues. (and yes, we can address life issues as well in the session).
      A recording is made of the session. When you listen to the recording your guides and the healing angels will return to continue to help your personal inner understanding and release continue. Sessions are $185 and last about an hour. Please be in touch with me to secure an appointment time. norma@... or 734-330-3997. Attending the workshop helps to loosen up the energies from your aura before the session, so please plan to attend if you can prior to your individual healing time. Read more about private healing sessions here before booking your appt

      SARASOTA, FL (near TAMPA)
      Saturday, Febuary 23 from 10am - 4pm

      Revealing Your Power to Heal:
      A Sound Shamanism Workshop led by Norma Gentile
      - Sound - Energy - Healing -

      This is a one-day workshop for Practitioners, Performers, and Advanced Students.  If you honor that the power to heal is within each of us, you are the type of person who will benefit from the weekend.

      The workshop is an interactive experiential training, limited to a dozen participants, with plenty of time for personal focus and questions. I want you to learn how to use and integrate what I am sharing into your own life, meditation, and practice.

      I want to connect with people who feel drawn to explore the deeper aspects of healing, including self-care for the healer. In my experience, this means recognizing and clearing other people's energies and emotions from our body, aura and lifestyle choices so that each of us can address our own issues.  When we can do this for ourselves we become more effective healers, and are able to share this same process with others.

      Did you know that there are guides and angels that have helped us create relationships with our friends and family?  They have been with us throughout our lifetime.  By updating them to who you are now, your soul's expression now, and to the shifts the world has made all around you now, you give them permission to 'upgrade' the version of themselves that connect with you.  Perhaps this used to happen automatically, or maybe we just didn't change enough during a single lifetime for it to matter.  But I am finding that it is now our responsibility to let our guides, including relationship guides, healing angels, even Archangels know that we are ready to connect with them in new ways.

      After going through this meditative process most people find numerous energetic cords dissolve and new cords connecting them to those they love and cherish appear. This includes guides, angels, pets and people, both living and in spirit.  The relationships change accordingly.  Especially in challenging relationships, consciously updating the guides that are supporting you in that relationship will change your experience of the very core of the relationship. Many times it becomes clear that the relationship does not serve your soul's journey. And the relationship naturally fades from your life.

      We will use sound, chant and toning in meditative healings, as well as spoken information. My guides, typically Archangel Michael, Mary and the Hathors, will explore with the group how they each might continue to use the concepts within their own practice.  In the moment someone commits to the workshop (or to a private healing session) both my guides and their guides will begin to work together, so you may notice changes ahead of the actual workshop day.
      Please do share this with others whom you think might be interested.

      The day ncludes
      - Experiencing Nature's Unconditional Love (not our concept of unconditional love)
      - Inviting Nature & Earth Energies for healing
      - Applying sound to Energy Healing
      - Singing, chanting and toning using breath power
      Norma Gentile, sound shaman, incorporates both sound and energy healing into her private sessions, workshops and concerts. Holding a masters in Voice Performance and years of study with esoteric teachers, Norma is a natural intuitive and channel who receives information from Spirit both in written words and through music. She has recorded four albums of healing music, writes for Sedona Journal, and provides monthly sound healings for Drunvalo Melchizedek's online ezine www.spiritofmaat.com.

      For those of you who want to know more about Norma's own experiences with this technique, which uses sound to magnify other healing modalities, please
      read Honoring Spirit in the Healing Process

      To Register:
      COST: $59 before Feb 20, $69 after
      Limited to 14 participants
      CLICK HERE for Paypal

      or by mail
      Norma Gentile
      PO Box 971020
      Ypsilanti, MI 48197
      LOCATION:
      Private Home and Garden
      (wear loose comfy clothes, we will be outdoors in a garden space as weather allows)

      Potluck Lunch with tastes of Gourmet Live Food provided

      Sunday - Monday, Feb 24-25 near Sarasota/Bradenton FL
[...]

      FREE PHONE MEDITATION
      Wednesday, March 27 at 9pm EST (New York City time)

      Held on the Full Moon near the Spring Equinox.
      This hour includes a series of silent and spoken meditations, most likely from my guides Mary and Archangel Michael. Plan on finding a quiet space where you can lie down and be deeply at rest and undistrubed for the duration of the meditation. This will be recorded and posted as a
      free podcast or at-cost CD.
      International Numbers on Calendar Page

      US Callers: +1 760 569 7100
      To Participate all callers must enter Access Code 299660

      PORTLAND, OR - - - - -- APRIL 28 - - - -
      COME, CELEBRATE THE NEW CYCLE!
      Norma Gentile

      with
      - Tibetan singing bowls
      - audience- derived harmonic tones
      - schruti box

      Sunday, APRIL 28 at 4pm
      Candlelight Meditation Concert

      Chants of St. Hildegard of Bingen
      and Songs of Spirit

      This is a time of Sacredness,
      devoted to deep inner healing,
      nourishment and transformation.

      Norma's classically trained voice and her natural ability to intuitively weave music and spirit together come alive in the candlelight as she sings. This afternoon includes thousand-year-old healing chants written by Hildegard of Bingen, (the mystic, seer, newly proclaimed Saint and Doctor of the Church) as well as songs drawn through Norma from Spirit and her musical guides.

      Come, meditate and let the sound bath you. You are welcome to bring meditation pillows.

      LOCATION: THE OLD CHURCH downtown Portland at the corner of SW11th and Clay St.

      LISTEN NOW
      to Norma's free monthly Sacred Songs and sound healings.

      For me music is a form of prayer, drawing from within us the peace that already exists. We can allow peace to be present on Earth, because it is already present within each of us. Within our hearts, our souls and our beings, we carry our unique connection to Spirit. As we feel it each day in ourselves, we will see it more in others.

      O orzchis Ecclesia
      O boundless and unending
      gathering of Beloveds
      encircled by divine arms
      and richly adorned in sapphire iris,
      You are the sweet smell,
      the spice of the people's sinful mark
      and the chalice of knowledge.
      You are also anointed
      with the noblest of tones
      for you are the sparkle of the gem.
      - St. Hildegard of Bingen (1098-1179)
      Tickets: $20 advance and at door
      Norma's Meditation CDs and healing music CDs will be available for purchase after the concert
      Doors Open for tickets and Seating 30 mins before events

      (Message over 64 KB, truncated)