Solitude is the Garden for our Hearts ~ Henri Nouwen

    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 17, 2013

    Source: Namasteॐ Om

    Solitude (¯`'·.¸(♥)¸.·'´¯)
    is the place of the great struggle and the great encounter!

    Solitude is the garden for our hearts, which yearn for love. It is the place where our aloneness can bear fruit. It is the home for our restless bodies and anxious minds.
    Solitude, is essential for our spiritual lives.
    It is not an easy place to be, since we are so easily distracted by whatever promises immediate satisfaction.

    Solitude is not immediately satisfying, because in solitude we meet our demons, our addictions, our feelings of lust and anger, and our immense need for recognition and approval.
    But if we do not run away,
    we will meet there also the One who says:

    ' Do not be afraid. I am with you, and I will guide you through the valley of darkness.'

    — Henri Nouwen, Bread for the Journey