Journeying to the Goddess: [New post] Connection to Ancestors in Earth-based Theology by Carol P. Christ

    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 14, 2013
      Carol P. Christ, in my eyes, certainly embodies more and more of the women that are stepping forward as a true leader and guide for this world; I highly recommend the full article as it resonates and speaks deeply. :)

      New post on Journeying to the Goddess

      Connection to Ancestors in Earth-based Theology by Carol P. Christ

      by Daughter RavynStar
      Click to visit the original post
      • Click to visit the original post
      “I am Carol Patrice Christ, daughter of Jane Claire Bergman, daughter of Lena Marie Searing, daughter of Dora Sofia Bahlke, daughter of Mary Hundt who came to Michigan from Mecklenburg, Germany in 1854.  I come from a long line of women, known and unknown, stretching back to Africa.”
      Like many Americans, my ancestral history was lost and fragmented due to emigration, religious and ethnic intermarriage, and movement within the United States.
      An absolutely wonderful piece on the importance of our Ancestors. "Ancestors are one of the sources of our lives. They are situated within the larger Source of Life on this planet, our Mother Earth. Our Mother Earth is not an abstract principle. The Source of All Life is embodied in specific times and places. When thanking the Earth for the gift of life, we can also remember the ancestors whose lives have shaped and made ours possible. " - Carol P. Christ
      Daughter RavynStar | January 14, 2013 at 8:57 am | Categories: Uncategorized | URL: http://wp.me/s26aWQ-9916
      Comment   See all comments

      http://journeyingtothegoddess.wordpress.com/2013/01/14/9916/
      Thanks for flying with WordPress.com