MaryAnn D'Ambrosio: [Leap Now ezine] Given Up Making Resolutions!

    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 10, 2013

      Image
      January 2013
        A note from MaryAnn:
      Given Up Making Resolutions!
      Hello Shay
      A new year is a gateway to beginnings . . . Happy 2013!
      Did you know that celebrating the "new" year is one of the most ancient of all holidays?  It's viewed by many as an opportunity to find inspiration for future goals or as I like to think of them - desires of the heart.  The tradition of creating a New Year's resolution dates back about 4,000 years to Babylonian times when farmers promised to return borrowed items to their neighbors. Ancient Egypt and China observed similar ceremonies that brought the new year in with a fresh resolve to move forward in a favorable light.
      Times have changed . . . and I've given up making (traditional) resolutions!  I've found a different approach - an easier, more grace-filled way to bring in the "new" and I'm so excited to share it with you in this issue's feature article "Given Up Making Resolutions."
      Yes, there's something monumental about flipping a calendar from one year to the next to initiate a new beginning.  And yet, every moment in every day is an opportunity to begin anew.  May this moment and the next - bring you the clarity, focus and inspiration to put into motion your hearts desires this year!
      All the best,
      Image
      Image

      P.S.:  A great big "Welcome!" to all the new readers who have joined our Leap Without Limits community since the last issue! You're going to love the resources you'll find here to help you build your business and life ...Enjoy!

        Today's Inspiration:
      "I'm delirious with joy.  It proves that if you confront the universe with good intentions in your heart, it will reflect that and reward your intent. Usually. It just doesn't always do it in the way you expect."  ~ J. Michael Straczynski
      Feature Article:
      Given Up Making Resolutions!
      Yes, it's true. I've given up making traditional resolutions!  For the past four years, instead of declaring a New Year's resolution, I place my attention on creating an intent for the year through a single word.

      An intent is more than a goal . . . it's the driving force that fuels the overall experience and results you desire in your business and lifeIntent means knowing what you want to experience and directing your actions toward that outcome . By simply stating an intent, you gain the support of your subconscious mind to create an outcome that aligns with you.
      This "New Year" approach is simple, fun to do and involves selecting a word (or two) that most resonates with you. It's more of an art than a science . . .
      Image

        About MaryAnn
      Image
      After 30 plus years in the electric utility industry, specializing in performance results reporting and process improvement, MaryAnn D'Ambrosio, MBA, Ph.D. made a bold and transformational move!  In early 2010, MaryAnn left her successful corporate career to electrify her life purpose and mission.  It was time -- time to play powerfully with ENERGY, the stuff that everything in the universe is made of.
      While attending a 3-year program at the Institute of Healing Arts and Science in the 1990's, MaryAnn became aware of a whole new world of energy - different than the electric utility keep your lights-on kind of energy.  This "new" energy heals, transforms and creates life experiences. It was during this time that MaryAnn's intuitive and visionary ability developed more fully and she began consciously using energy as the fuel, to design, create and experience an extraordinary life!
      Now, as The Y.E.S. Prosperity Mentor, MaryAnn helps speakers, authors, coaches, consultants, and service professionals confidently achieve phenomenal results by aligning with their creative energy to dramatically improve platform performance and prosperity!
      Image Image Image

      29 Valley View Drive, Newington CT 06111, USA