January 11 New Moon - Alluring ~ New Moon in Capricorn, 1-11-2013

    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 10, 2013
      Have a couple of articles for this New Moon upon us. :)

      January 11 New Moon – Alluring

      January 2, 2013
      By Marina
      New Moon January 2013The New Moon on 11 January 2013 is at 21º Capricorn and on Sulaphat in Constellation Lyre, the little harp. The Moon is conjunct Mercury which falls on Vega, the beautiful Sapphire star in the same constellation. This makes the harp a strong influence for the month ahead. Lyra is obviously musical, but can be an alluring liar as I discovered when I looked at its fixed stars. Mercury’s influence on the new moon also brings out more of the trickster and its also conjunct Asteroid Ottilia named the patron saint of eyesight. Are our ears deceiving us? Are we blind to what is in plain sight? This Moon is telling us never mind what the harpist is playing, and the sweet nothings that are being whispered in our ears. Seeing is believing!

      New Moon Aspects

      Moon conjunct Mercury; “Thoughts are things and this person could conjure themselves up a beautiful domestic arrangement if they can focus on their dreams for long enough… The Moon can be quite clingy and stuck in the past while Mercury is flighty and ever youthful. What they both share though is the tendency to meander through life and change with the tides.”  This is an aspect that finds it hard to get to the point, but the point may be hard to focus on with that blurred vision and distracting music.
      Moon quincunx Ceres; “They love to touch, savour and caress the things they value. However they are surprising generous with their abundance, it’s like they milk what they have for all its worth because they know they will have to give it away fairly soon. They will express their love with much affection and make it very hard for their lovers to leave their cosy bed.” This mirrors the transient nature of Moon conjunct Mercury, together they seem to be floating in a fool’s paradise, but at least they are living in the moment.

      New Moon On Sulaphat

      The constellation of the Lyre was originally drawn as a Vulture holding the Lyre against its chest with its talons clutching the base. This is where we find Sulaphat. The stars in the vulture’s claws I found to be Mercurial and therefore hold the trickster archetype. In some cases this can mean real criminal activity. The Moon is conjunct Mercury anyway so we really can’t avoid the forgery and faking side of the Moon in the Lyre. There is a chance of higher rates of crime during this New Moon period. So watch out for con-men, gigalo’s, gold-diggers and petty thieves. This is a great time however for purging out your dark side through some art form or venting your spleen playing a musical instrument.
      Mercury on Vega gives extraordinary story telling abilities, a boon time for creative writing, spin-doctoring, eloquent speeches and witty lectures. If you need to tell one big whopper of a lie, do it today! Unless your prey is very cunning themselves, you will be believed! If you have a connection to these stars natally then there will be a tendency to speak too soon and say things that you may regret later, so a planned speech will work far better than something off the cuff. There is a hint of scandal and controversy in the air too. The media could pick on some poor soul who couldn’t keep his Sulaphat mouth shut, quote them out of context and make it into some huge gaff that shatters their credibility. Words will have a VERY profound effect for good or ill. The abuse of that power is more likely to end badly, otherwise this can be a very magical period. Chanting and singing for what you want to manifest could actually be very effective for those who have strong connections to this Moon. Just be careful what you wish for outloud.

      Asteroid Ottilla

      St Ottilla was was disowned and brought up by peasants because she was born blind. When she was baptised at a monastery aged twelve she miraculously regained her sight. She became an Abbess and patron of ocular afflictions and ear diseases. In relation to this new moon it would seem that the sense of hearing is subject to manipulation. These days with technology, it is easy to fool someone through illusion using sound and vision. Ottilla gives us back our sight through spiritual practise and looking within. It’s easy to overlook blemishes when a violin makes us tearful. They are not called “Fiddles” for nothing. Music can sway us very powerfully. You are looking at the sea; “Surfin USA” or the soundtrack to “Jaws” , which is going to make you want to swim?
      This new moon will make us question some of our senses, but it allows us to develop ones we don’t usually use in compensation. For magicians, tricksters, advertisers and spin-doctors this is a boom time. If you have anything to pitch, use this time to sell it. You will be able to sell ice to Eskimos, but are liable to suffer frostbite as soon as the seductive soundtrack starts to fade. Those with something genuine to offer by all means strum those Lyres strings for all they are worth.

      © 2012 Darkstar Astrology. All Rights Reserved.

      New Moon in Capricorn, January 11, 2013

      No doubt about it, the New Moon at 21° 46′ Capricorn on 11 January 2013, 11:43 AM PST is Capricorn to the hilt. Not only are the Sun and Moon in Capricorn but so are Mercury, Venus and Pluto. Add Capricorn’s ruling planet, Saturn, as the leading planet in a Locomotive Pattern and a preponderance of cardinal earth. For those unfamiliar with Jones chart patterns, here is a description of the Locomotive:
      Locomotive type, all planets within a 240° arc leaving an unoccupied 120° arc. This
      shows a dynamic and practical capacity, especially characterized by the qualities of
      the leading planet. Motivated, sometimes to the point of being overbearing
      .”
      Saturn as the leading planet puts the necessity of taking a no-nonsense, pragmatic approach to life very seriously.
      Mercury conjoins the Sun and Moon creating a stand-alone stellium in Capricorn, and this emphasis suggests the need to review this very important and often misunderstood sign. For one thing, it is an earth sign, therefore feminine and receptive in nature. Like its opposing sign, Cancer, Capricorn is a cardinal sign and very good at getting the ball rolling. However, despite Capricorn’s interest in achievement it is rather shy and retiring, preferring to work quietly and tirelessly with little fanfare. Whilst Capricorn is traditionally associated with the father, it fits less well with today’s gender roles and families where both parents have careers. The Capricorn parent, regardless of sex, is the one who sets firm rules and teaches children the value of delayed gratification in pursuit of their goals. Nobody is better than Capricorn for knowing how to set achievable goals and then keep going until those are reached. Success reached by following Saturn’s rules has a solid foundation because no steps were neglected getting there.
      Venus has just arrived in Capricorn and forms a lovely waning sextile to Neptune in Pisces (it was exact on 9 January). She also makes a waxing sextile to Chiron in Pisces, exact on 14 January. There is nothing frivolous about either of these aspects and expressions of love are likely to be tangible and practical . . . like giving your sweetheart a pair of rubber boots to keep his/her feet dry instead of flowers. Like the Mercury-Neptune sextile, these are both wonderful for creative endeavors of all flavors, a perfect blend of imagination and practicality. The Venus-Chiron sextile favors gentle handling of vulnerabilities.
      A square from Venus to Uranus in Aries has the potential to create considerable discord and is definitely going to stir the relationship pot. Erratic, self-involved behaviors and the insistence on being free to do whatever, whenever could bring budding romances to an abrupt end. Even though she may hide her sensitivities better in Capricorn, Venus is still not about to forgive having her feelings walked on. Capricorn, like Libra, is also very aware of the need for behaving well in social settings. Standing her up for an important social engagement would be a very, VERY bad move.
      The last planet in Capricorn is powerful Pluto and the sextile with Saturn in Scorpio is in full play on this New Moon. Whilst this is the perfect New Moon to launch new projects and enterprises, it is extremely important to make sure you are fully prepared. No flying by the seat of the pants allowed. Excuses of any kind are likely to fall on deaf ears . . . whether it’s in the classroom or the boardroom. If you have personal planets and/or Ascendant from 9° to 10° in earth and water signs, the Saturn-Pluto sextile will prove beneficial . . . in fixed Leo and Aquarius, not so much.
      Keep in mind the square between Saturn in Scorpio and Mars in Aquarius is still in effect though now waning. The support Mars in Aquarius had recently from Jupiter in Gemini and Uranus in Aries is no longer there. I believe I may have mentioned consequences regarding Mars and those will arrive in full force by the New Moon.
      Better luck next time!
      The only support out there for fire and air signs is the sextile between retrograde Jupiter in Gemini and Uranus in Aries. This sextile will be gradually gaining strength over the next few weeks though it never does become exact. Still this is an upbeat pairing of inspiration and a willingness to look beyond the obvious solutions. Those who benefit the most are people with personal planets from 4° to 6° in fire and air signs.
      As long as we behave with a modicum of maturity and treat others with respect, this could be the best New Moon all year for getting the basics in place for a successful 2013. Remember Saturn is also the Lord of Karma and ignore his strictures at your peril. Instant karma can be exquisitely painful.
      On a personal note: Interestingly, this New Moon is exactly sextile the midpoint between my natal Mercury-Mars in Scorpio . . . and Saturn in Scorpio exactly conjoins my twelfth house Part of Fortune. One of the time to mind my P’s & Q’s I guess. Venus and Pluto are still in my second house though the New Moon conjoins the cusp of my third, using Koch Houses. Does appear to favor being able to communicate effectively . . . good news for this blogger!
      © Copyright Diane L, All rights Reserved. Written For: Libra Seeking Balance

       Copyright © 2013 Libra Seeking Balance - All Rights Reserved