Gaia Online Tarot: the Seeker ~ Gaia, the World ~ the Teacher

    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 5, 2013
      The Seeker begins by speaking on the opportunity presented to start a new journey with a key aspect to that journey: We start with a beginner's mind. This does not mean that we divest ourselves of what how we have grown, our experiences, etc. It does mean that we enter into the journey with no preconceived ideas on "how it is suppose to be" and to be open to discover a freshness, new forms of expression, insight, perspectives and more...being open to be taught and which is the hallmark of those who are our truest teachers and leaders. Being open and truly listening and receptive.

      Gaia's message of "all shall be well" is such a vibrant part of this journey. Whether we are literally traveling (across the street, the city, the country or the world) or an inner journey there can be twists and turns along our road but these are not a design to confuse or hinder us. Rather they are apart of how we build our own character and apart of how open we are to learn and discover more within us and develop or hone skills that will serve us and the world well.

      These are fresh starts and trust your Self, as well as the road for we have such a cornucopia of opportunities opening before and within us. This journey is a dance on many levels. Listen to the heartbeat of our Mother Earth as well as your own and how that becomes more attuned and in step with Hers. Perhaps along the road you will find yourselves moving with a skip that leads into a Divine Dance that is a response and fruit of the Openness of Your Spirit. These are life changing moments upon us and many of the teachers that will come to us shall take the shape of the natural world. Yes there will be individuals who can be our teachers yet remember that when we are opening up to new ways, new teachers, new guidance we are Opening to that part of your Self who is your Highest Teacher and Guide. The Earth around us is working with that teacher so be patient with yourself and all that unfolds. You have truly Divine and Golden Opportunities to learn and grow and live in new ways. Be bold, be patient, be trusting and Be Love!

      http://www.gaiantarot.com/online-tarot-reading/
      http://www.gaiantarot.com/oracle/reading.php

      The OpportunityThe ChallengeThe Resolution
      0 - the Seeker
      A new beginning

      You have the opportunity to start a new journey, with a beginner's mind. Is it time to hit the road, either metaphorically or literally? Every time you set out on a journey, even if it's only a one-day hike, you embark on a spiritual journey as well. Be open to all the twists and curves in the road ahead. Be ready for wonderful surprises. Be open-hearted, innocent, trusting and spontaneous. Take a risk! Before you is a brand new adventure — the chance for a fresh start and endless possibilities.
      21 - Gaia, the World
      May all beings be blessed

      You are being challenged to believe that "all shall be well." This card is the best of all possible cards to get in a reading, because it is the culmination of your spiritual journey. It signifies wholeness and an integration of your spiritual, emotional and physical lives. A major stage or cycle of your life is complete, and a new one will soon begin. You may have had a transcendent experience where you became aware of the life-energy of the planet, and you knew Mother Earth as a living being. This kind of cosmic consciousness is hard to describe, but once we have experienced it we never forget it. Our lives become a cosmic dance in which we forget and remember, forget and remember. When this card appears, you remember your birthright as a Child of Heaven and Earth.
      5 - the Teacher
      Learning and teaching

      Resolution comes with a spiritual teacher who will soon appear in your life, or you may be ready to become a teacher to others. It may be that this teacher will appear in disguise — the weeds that grow along the roadside, or a heron feeding in the mud flats at low tide. The natural world around you has some of the most profound spiritual teachings you will ever encounter. Perhaps it is time to get to know your Place on this earth in a more intimate manner. Do you know the names of native plants in your area, and how the indigenous people used them? Do you know how to interpret the different calls and songs of the birds in your neighborhood? Do you know where the sun rises and sets on the horizon in summer and in winter? The Teacher calls you to become intimately acquainted with the natural world in the place where you live, as part of your spiritual practice.

      Seeker or Fool card Gaian Tarot deck

      Seeker

      A new beginning

      The Seeker begins a journey, taking a moment to contemplate the road ahead before setting off down the hillside. Perhaps she is murmuring a prayer, or setting an intention. She travels light, carrying all that she needs in her bundle. She has embroidered a butterfly on the back of her vest, signifying her delight in taking wing and setting out on her own path.
      The Great Mountain rises in the east, and the River slowly meanders on its own journey, from the mountain range down to the bay and the ocean be- yond.
      The Seeker is at that stage of life between childhood and adulthood when anything is possible, and her life lies before her like a page waiting to be written. With Fox as her trickster companion, who knows what surprises may await her? Swallows and Swallowtails flit and flutter around her, guiding her way.

      Gaia or the World card Gaian Tarot

      Gaia

      The World —May all beings be blessed

      The silver-haired Grandmother of All holds Mother Earth in her arms, gazing at her with all the joy and tenderness a mother has for her newborn child. The Daughter is here too, in the form of a swallowtail butterfly. (Can this be the same swallowtail we saw on the Seeker card?) Prayers for the planet are perpetually made as prayer flags flutter in the breeze. The wreath of blessing herbs — cedar, sage, sweetgrass and lavender — creates the mandorla gateway, guarded by animals of the four directions. May all beings be blessed. May there be peace on our beloved Mama Gaia.

      Post image for Teacher

      Teacher

      Learning and teaching

      The Teacher is a humble and spiritual figure in the tradition of the Holy Fool or Crazy Saint, known in Sufi tradition as well as in Tibetan Buddhism, Hasidic Judaism and Christianity. Crazy saints speak in riddles, they tease, they laugh uproariously and act intentionally ridiculous. At the same time, they are guileless, transparent and open to a sense of wonder. Who, we ask, is the Wise Man, and who is the Fool?
      The Teacher sits in front of a Western Red Cedar surrounded by five green allies, potent medicinal herbs that many would pass by as weeds. Is it crazy to take as your teacher Dandelion, Stinging Nettle, Garlic, Yarrow and Comfrey? And what lessons are taught by Western Red Cedar?
      The coyote is a Crazy Saint as well. Wilderness tracker Tom Brown Jr. passed on the tradition of “coyote teaching” from his own teacher. “Grandfather” used methods like questioning, teasing and storytelling to inspire and intrigue lazy students. Coyote teaching also happens when you plan to learn one thing (the medicinal use of herbs, for example) and end up learning something else altogether (perhaps the limits of your own courage and stamina).
      Who, we may ask, is the Teacher in this card, and who is the student?

      All content © Joanna Powell Colbert 2003-2011. Please do not reproduce art or content without permission.