Stopping and Deep Looking Meditation ~ Thich Nhat Hanh

    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 30, 2012
    The link where this was originally seen is no longer available so have an image available that compliments this message. :)

    Source: ॐ Thich Nhat Hanh Quote Collective ॐ

    STOPPING AND DEEP LOOKING MEDITATION

    Just as a bird has two wings, the practice of meditation has 'stopping' and 'deep looking'. The two wings depend on each other.
    Stopping means to be still in order to recognize, nourish, heal, soothe, and focus the mind.
    Deep looking means to regard in depth the true nature of reality so that understanding may arise to transform all sadness and pain - Thich Nhat Hanh

    http://www.ilovepescasub.com/en/apnea/2011/02/patrick-musimu-beyond-the-limit/

    patrick-apnea

    By Jimmy Muzzone
    Photo: Jean François, Eric Petit, Cédric Bourgaux, Peter De Mulde

    Copyright ilovepescasub