Gaia Online Tarot: Gaia, the World ~ the Wheel ~ the Star

    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 29, 2012
      "You have the opportunity to know that 'all shall be well'". It is a rediscovery of peace and serenity which does transcend description; yet that does not lessen our means of sharing this continual experience. Continual is a vibrant cornerstone for this is not a moment that comes and then is gone. This is a type of epiphany that builds upon itself moment by moment...expanding, evolving and transforming ourselves together with our Beloved Mother Earth. When there are no verbal words there is the language of the Heart, of the Soul, and of the Actions we give that are apart of how we are interweaving and integrating more with the Consciousness of Our Blessed Mother Earth. We are forever changed, continue to change and We Are The Change. Take heart with the change that is imminent and we can Embrace this Knowing it is apart of our stepping into more of Who We Are And Becoming. At times this change is obvious and at other occasions it is on a more subtle and deeper level. A mark of this transformation within us is how whether it is obvious and not we are focusing a clarity that gives us a Vision, emboldened with Courage, Strength, Passion and Love to have a deeper understanding that is apart of our conscious lives. The spiritual and here in the physical around us and within us balancing both. How Divine a time we have as we are Awakening to the Presence of Source within us and remembering that Source has always been apart of us and we have always been apart of Source. Embrace Your Healing, Your Compassion with Grace, Love and Passion. See the Star that You Are and follow that with a deep gratitude for there are no limits to what you can accomplish with the magic of focus rooted in Unconditional Love.

      http://www.gaiantarot.com/online-tarot-reading/
      http://www.gaiantarot.com/oracle/reading.php

      The OpportunityThe ChallengeThe Resolution
      21 - Gaia, the World
      May all beings be blessed

      You have the opportunity to know that "all shall be well." This card is the best of all possible cards to get in a reading, because it is the culmination of your spiritual journey. It signifies wholeness and an integration of your spiritual, emotional and physical lives. A major stage or cycle of your life is complete, and a new one will soon begin. You may have had a transcendent experience where you became aware of the life-energy of the planet, and you knew Mother Earth as a living being. This kind of cosmic consciousness is hard to describe, but once we have experienced it we never forget it. Our lives become a cosmic dance in which we forget and remember, forget and remember. When this card appears, you remember your birthright as a Child of Heaven and Earth.
      10 - the Wheel
      Cycles and seasons

      You are being challenged to embrace the change that is imminent. One part of a cycle is becoming another. What is passing away in your life right now, and what is coming into being? Where do you stand right now on the Wheel? Can you see that what is happening does not happen in isolation, but is part of a pattern? Sometimes the change that is coming is obvious and striking. More often, it creeps up on us when our attention has been elsewhere — the trees are suddenly bare and we didn't even notice when the first leaves began to fall. So this card also challenges us to be mindful. Keep track of the cycles of the sun and moon, which mirror our own inner cycles. If things seem chaotic and disorderly in your life, focus on the still point of the turning wheel. Remember that with prayer and the magic of sustained focus, all things are possible.
      17 - the Star
      Connection to Spirit

      Resolution comes with a time of calm, healing and grace. Your heart is wide open and you deeply feel your connection to Source, to God/dess, the Great Mystery. It is a most blessed time of hope and peace. Now is a good time to begin the practice of gratitude, of giving thanks. When our hearts are full, it's easy to be thankful. If we begin the practice now, it will be easier to sustain when times are rough. Follow your star, for it will guide you home.

      Click on an image to read more about the card or to order a print.

      Gaia or the World card Gaian Tarot

      Gaia

      The World —May all beings be blessed

      The silver-haired Grandmother of All holds Mother Earth in her arms, gazing at her with all the joy and tenderness a mother has for her newborn child. The Daughter is here too, in the form of a swallowtail butterfly. (Can this be the same swallowtail we saw on the Seeker card?) Prayers for the planet are perpetually made as prayer flags flutter in the breeze. The wreath of blessing herbs — cedar, sage, sweetgrass and lavender — creates the mandorla gateway, guarded by animals of the four directions. May all beings be blessed. May there be peace on our beloved Mama Gaia.

      Wheel card Gaian Tarot deck

      Wheel

      Cycles and seasons

      The Wheel of the Year turns and spins, as one season transforms into the next. In this card, the fiery core of the Earth is at the still point of the turning world. Trees of each season are rooted in Her body. Around the trees we see the eight phases of the moon, which correspond to the eight holy days of the solar year. The zodiac is aligned with the seasons and the lunar phases. For example, the Dark/New Moon corresponds to Winter Solstice, the shortest night of the year when the sun begins to wax again. Winter Solstice occurs when the sun moves into the sign of Capricorn. So these three — Dark/New Moon, Winter Tree and sign of Capricorn — all line up on the card, and so on around the Wheel.
      The cycles of nature teach us that all of life moves in a wheel. Wherever we stand on this wheel, we are certain to move to the next point and the one after that, until we are brought full circle to the place where we started, and as T.S. Eliot wrote, we “know the place for the first time.
      Outside the wheel of the solar year, the lunar month and the wheel of the zodiac, we see a circle of prayer beads. This rosary, or mala, is divided into six sets of nine (the magical number of three times three). As we say or sing repetitive prayers, counting beads as we go, we enter an altered state where anything is possible, magic happens, and butterflies — symbol of the soul — break free of the turning of the wheel.

      Star card Gaian Tarot deck

      Star

      Opening to grace

      A time of peace and tranquility follows the lightning and storms of the previous card. A woman kneels before a sacred spring that is filled with starlight. In her hands, she cups the Water of Life. Soon she will take a deep drink and be filled with renewal, hope and inspiration. Her body becomes suffused with light as she experiences herself at one with all beings.
      Above her the Pleaides rise, those dancing Seven Sisters who symbolize our heart’s home. Behind her is the celestial stream between Heaven and Earth, known as the Milky Way, where pilgrims travel from one realm to the next. Beside her the Kingfisher reminds us of the halcyon days of peace and plenty. With our inner ear, we hear a voice proclaim: “I am the Soul of Nature, which gives Life to the Universe. From me all things proceed, and to me all things shall return.” More than anything, the Star Goddess represents grace, a divine connection that is unearned and freely granted.
      Let us take our hope and inspiration from the Star of Wonder. May She remind us to offer up a prayer of thanksgiving for the multitude of blessings in our lives.

      All content © Joanna Powell Colbert 2003-2011. Please do not reproduce art or content without permission.