The Calling

    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 25, 2012
      The original photo/art is no longer available so found a piece that compliments this well. :)

      Source: Madeleine Russell at NATIVE AMERICAN INDIAN PROVERBS

      The Calling
      The fire is dancing tonight and the winds are talking

      Dancers from past lives enter the circle

      Leading me back and forth through the history of myself

      The mind searches as the spirit dances

      The drums...dancing to the heartbeat

      Memories of long ago insights to the future

      I hear the winds whispering my sweat lodge dreams

      I see Sungmanitu tanka (the wolf) my guide

      He shows me the ancestors, not mine

      They are not Lakota, or Tsalagi, or Iroquois

      But they are all Nations, one Nation

      Speaking with wisdom to share with each other

      Yesterdays create todays and promises of tomorrow

      The lies will die with the smoke

      And the whispers of the winds are clear and loud

      And we shall all see the return of the buffalo

      AHO

      Gerald Fisher

      Native American Poetry

      The artist, at the link, goes into a extensive list of credits for those who wish to go through those at all of those can see. :)

      http://omanoct.deviantart.com/art/Native-American-Tale-167680676?q=sort:time%20gallery:omanoct&qo=3

      :iconomanoct:

      Native American Taleby ~Omanoct

      Digital Art / Photomanipulation / Surreal©2010-2012 ~Omanoct

      ©2012 deviantART. All rights reserved