Gaia Online Tarot: the Sun ~ the Magician ~ the Builder

    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 22, 2012
      The Opportunity the Sun card speaks to us on is The Opportunity that we have already been building upon through our integrity and conscious choice. Our time to shine brightly through the inner radiance that has been blossoming; which we have been apart of co-creating. Our Spirit is shouting a loud affirmation and however this is manifesting for each us give yourself permission to Sing a New Song, Dance to the Rhythm of Your Soul. Align your Self with the heartbeat of Mother Earth for that part of You is reawakened with a new joy that is vibrant and full of health, joy and illumination. Our passion, our hopes, our dreams no longer need to be the "stuff or substance" of "might be" or "ifs". They are here as we consciously focus our intent, our passion to build. Building upon a strong and sure foundation. One that has our intellect or mind in harmony with our intuition. That is a reminder in how that intellect and intuition are not a "either or" choice. It is a blend and synergy that comes together and is apart of what is built upon especially stepping into a new world and age. Whatever we define as boundaries now are not a limitation save if we choice for them to be. Rather they are a vibrant creative force that we use to harness and focus in a specific area. We are not limiting ourselves as we do this; we are expanding and embracing that Divine Creative Energy within us. As we complete one structure we move to another that can be of a new dimension, quality, substance, design, etc. That is so, so deeply apart of expressing our Love and Passion. Should we come into the role of leader and teacher remember that those who are open to learn and listen are apart the teachers that we remember who impact and touch our lives the most; the leaders who lead by the example of their life in serving others as those whose touch will always be here. A legacy of Spirit and Divine Love. So let down your hair, trust in your Self and allow your Divine Expression and Spirit shine, sing, dance and love!

      The OpportunityThe ChallengeThe Resolution
      19 - the Sun
      Radiant joy

      You have the opportunity to shine in the world. You may find a big smile on your face. With a huge burst of energy, your spirit is shouting out a great big YES! Perhaps you have accomplished a long term goal or are receiving accolades and attention for the good work you have done. You are healthy, energetic and enthusiastic with a warm and generous heart. It's time to celebrate and get out and play in the sunshine. Sing, dance, make love, let your creativity flow. Shine on!
      1 - the Magician
      Spirit made manifest

      You are being challenged to access your personal power and use it to manifest your desires in a responsible way. You have learned how to focus your will and your passion towards a goal. You may be uncertain about using that power, or you may be tempted to use it unethically. Remember that when you align yourself with the heartbeat of the earth, you have the power to bring forth healing for the planet and all her creatures.
      4 - the Builder
      Structure, boundaries, foundation

      Resolution comes with making decisions through intellectual reasoning, rather than your emotions or intuition. You may ask yourself: "What am I building? Are the foundations of my life based on strong structures? Are my boundaries clear and well tended?" You are ready to take responsibility for a project where you have authority over others, and where your leadership skills can shine. What kind of a leader are you? Do you lead by example or by dominating? Are you secure enough in your own abilities that you can share power with others? Do you take into account the longterm consequences of the decisions that you make? You may also exemplify the Good Father who loves, guides and protects his children — and gives them the security of clear boundaries by disciplining them when necessary.

      Sun card Gaian Tarot

      Sun

      Radiant joy

      From the shadows of the Moon, we move into the clear light of day. A woman dances for joy at the peak of the sun’s power, at noon on Summer Solstice. Even the sunflowers behind her are radiating happiness. As she dances, she experiences that sensation known as “flow.” She is so focused and engaged in her dancing that she loses all sense of self and of the passage of time. She has learned how to create happiness for herself by living a life of purpose and by sharing her joy with others. There is no hidden agenda here, no sadness or darkness or stress, just the sheer joy of being alive.

      magician gaian tarot deck

      Magician

      Spirit made manifest

      The Magician is a ritual drummer, the drum his magic wand. He plays the djembe, caught up in the bliss and ecstasy of the trance created by the sound of the drum. He knows that the rhythm of his drumbeat matches the heartbeat of the Earth. Firelight flickers on cave walls, painted with a thousand hands, like the prehistoric handprints in the Cave of Hands (Cueva de las Manos) in Argentina.
      An altar with items representing the four elements anchors him in sacred space. He creates the matrix that allows magic to happen. He opens a door between this world and the world of Spirit. The hand creates magic — whether with a drum, a paintbrush or ritual tool. Hands bring the Unseen into the realm of the Seen.

      Post image for Builder

      Builder

      structure, boundaries, foundation

      The Builder is a master craftsman, shown here carving a design of oak leaves and acorns into the post that flanks the front door of his home. He is committed to the ethics and principles of sustainability and has built an earth-friendly house. Drying herbs hang from the rafters, firewood is stacked in preparation for winter, and a spiral of beach stones leads the visitor to the arched doorway.
      The Builder is strong and comfortable in his own authority. Yet unlike most historic emperors, he does not destroy life for his own power or benefit. Inspired by the Green Man, the spirit of the wildwood whose face he has carved into the post, he works in harmony with nature and honors Mother Earth’s animals and resources. The kestrel, a small falcon who hunts with speed, grace and precision, watches and waits as the Builder focuses on his task.
      The Builder is the archetypal Father, the creator of culture, structure and human laws, as compared to the Gardener, who embodies the abundance of Mother Earth. He is the city, she is the country. He is the building, she is the garden. As an architect of civilization, our Builder creates networks and systems that enable people to live and work together, sharing resources and creating a supportive, sustainable community.

      All content © Joanna Powell Colbert 2003-2011. Please do not reproduce art or content without permission.