Re: << lovingpurelove >> Advise please - reply to Cynthia .·´¨ ¨)) -:¦:- ¸.·´ .·´¨¨))

  • Spiritus Sanctus
    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 31, 2003
      Dear Hozuhni,

      If it were my class, I would have another talk about emotions, with the emphasis on emotional awareness and responsibility.
      I would repeat the information about dance being the expression of emotions and talk about being honest with whatever feelings are coming up.

      I would give them handouts of what I emailed you, have them read it as I talked about each part of it, and then answer questions if any.

        Then I would set guidelines: that if any student is having difficult emotions that are getting in the way of dancing, that the first requirement is to acknowledge those feelings and do whatever it takes to let them flow and heal in a safe and loving environment.  I would think seriously about allowing any student to take ten minutes and go into another room with a partner and do the ten minute exercise whenever it would help them get back into good feeling and be present with the class.

      Emotion is dance.  Dance is emotion.

      This could be a real breakthrough for mastering the flowing and fluidity of feeling, through acknowledgement in every moment of what is really going on, with emphasis on remedial techniques for when the emotions are blocked and stuck.

      Blocked and stuck emotions signal a time for healing the past, and a breakthrough into higher consciousness and joy.

      Introducing this set of interventions in the class right now could be a lifesaver.  Some of the other students might be secretly going through a difficult time, or may have a friend or family member who is.

      These techniques are self-empowering and easy enough that they could take them home and to school and put them to good use right away with others, as well as with themselves.  The best way to learn something is to teach it.

      Maybe you could spend the first ten minutes of each class introducing a part of this information, so that they get it over time.

      With love,
      Cynthia