Gaia Online Tarot: the High Priestess ~ the Hermit ~ Gaia, the World

    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 15 1:20 AM
      We have opportunities that are blossoming from within us to craft, develop and expand our awareness and consciousness. These possess or carry the tools for us to do the same with our thinking which does include our perceptions, our attitude, our insights, our clarity and more. The High Priestess and the Hermit walk hand in hand on a number of levels as both have clear messages on the sacredness of solitude and going within to truly listen with and hone our intuition. This is also a period where we take the time to get to Know our Self more fully; within this are our dreams which carry deep insights and guidance. Hone our Divination as well and when we look at Divination what is it that we see? A vital part of Divination is looking at the "Divine-Nation" which we is there inside of us. Our tapping into that Divine Source/Reservoir and that also challenges us to remember, as apart of what the Hermit speaks upon, is that even when we may be spending some time apart for rejuvenation, reflection, etc it does not mean we are any less connected to our family, our pack, our world. We enter into that space for our growth, healing and more yes but also that when we are return what we have gained with that insight and growth is meant to be shared with all as well, as each of us are so guided.

      Let us take the time and opportunities to refresh ourselves on every level through connecting with Nature and with our Selves; both are intricately apart of one another. Pay attention to our dreams; See the synchronicity and omens, as the High Priestess points out, that continues to unfold within and around us. Patiently hone your intuition and your discernment. Both of these together are a vital part of how we step deeper, further and higher into wholeness as we integrate every aspect of our lives together; the physical, emotional, mental and spiritual as the Gaia card affirms. We can, we are and we shall, from attuning to the world and ourselves more deeply, begin experience and See how this world, our Mother Earth, is a living, breathing being. We become apart of transcending our personal consciousness into a cosmic and world consciousness. All are in beautiful harmony with one another with neither subsuming the other; each in a radiant balance with the other. In this we become a more conscious and loving being and are capable of great compassion, healing, and peace which comes from the Love that each of you are at your Core. Becoming more attuned to the lives of all.

      On a final, but certainly not least in any way, note in that very act of love let us keep everyone impacted and affected by the shooting, injuries and deaths of yesterday. Keep our hearts, love, and prayers there with them especially for any who read this that live there and/or have lost a beloved friend or child as a result of this. While not there in person we are with you in spirit giving our love and prayers for you always.

      The OpportunityThe ChallengeThe Resolution
      2 - the High Priestess
      Dreams, voices and visions

      You have the opportunity to develop non-linear, non-rational ways of knowing. It is time to go within. Pay close attention to your dreams, as they may carry potent messages for you. Let your intuition flow. Listen for the subtext in the words of others; hear the words they don't speak out loud. Watch for synchronicities and omens in your everyday life. Study the "dark arts" of divination — reading the cards, astrology, scrying, interpreting dreams. Listen for voices in the wind, look for patterns in the clouds. Meditate. Study the language of symbol and myth. At the dark of the moon, or when your wise blood flows, listen to the still small voice within. It is Her voice, and it speaks of mysteries, secrets, and truth.
      9 - the Hermit
      Sacred solitude

      You are being challenged to spend time in sacred solitude. You need to withdraw from the world to focus on your inner life and spirituality. Perhaps you have been wounded in the "wars of the world," or perhaps you are fatigued and empty from putting out so much energy, especially if you are a caregiver. Your well is empty and it needs to be filled. Take some time out for a retreat. Go away to the mountains or the sea, by yourself, without partner or friends. Spend time outside in nature, observing the changes in your environment day by day. Your inner wisdom and sense of well-being will grow effortlessly the more time you spend outside. When you once again enter community life, others will be drawn to the light they see inside you and may come to you for guidance. For part of your purpose is to share what you've learned with others.
      21 - Gaia, the World
      May all beings be blessed

      Resolution comes with knowing that "all shall be well." This card is the best of all possible cards to get in a reading, because it is the culmination of your spiritual journey. It signifies wholeness and an integration of your spiritual, emotional and physical lives. A major stage or cycle of your life is complete, and a new one will soon begin. You may have had a transcendent experience where you became aware of the life-energy of the planet, and you knew Mother Earth as a living being. This kind of cosmic consciousness is hard to describe, but once we have experienced it we never forget it. Our lives become a cosmic dance in which we forget and remember, forget and remember. When this card appears, you remember your birthright as a Child of Heaven and Earth.

      Gaian Tarot Priestess or High Priestess card

      Priestess

      Dreams, voices and visions

      The woman of mystery calls upon us to turn within when the moon is waning. Listen, she says, to the voice of the wind with its pungent salty scent . . . listen to the voices that arise in your dreams or from your wombs during the time of moonflow.
      She sits before the willow veil of Hecate and hears the unspoken words of Owl and Salmon, the sea behind her illuminated by a waning moon. At her side is the Sleeping Goddess of Malta, who sends healing dreams. In her hands is the rubyfruit of Persephone, symbol of fertility, death and sexuality.
      Is she Maiden? Is she Crone?
      She carries both within her, balancing the wisdom of age with the freshness of youth — and holds fast to the autonomy of both.
      Sssh . . . the priestess whispers:
      Guard the Mysteries! Constantly reveal them!

      Post image for Hermit

      Hermit

      Sacred solitude

      The Hermit retreats from the company of others to replenish his soul in solitude as he communes with the natural world. He listens to the calls of birds as he writes and sketches in his journal at twilight time. He ponders his own mortal- ity, and the gifts and challenges of aging. His guardian is the Barred Owl, who sees keenly in the darkness and embodies silent wisdom. From the sacred smoke of burning sage, visions rise of spirit animals. The Loon, with its primal eerie call, leads the Hermit into the waters of his dreams and ancestral memories. Wolf, the moon’s ally, reminds the Hermit that he is part of a pack or tribe, even when he spends time apart from it. The Merlin is a magical, shapeshifting raptor who shares its name with the Wise Old Man of Arthurian legend. All three are teachers of the Hermit’s soul.

      Gaia or the World card Gaian Tarot

      Gaia

      The World —May all beings be blessed

      The silver-haired Grandmother of All holds Mother Earth in her arms, gazing at her with all the joy and tenderness a mother has for her newborn child. The Daughter is here too, in the form of a swallowtail butterfly. (Can this be the same swallowtail we saw on the Seeker card?) Prayers for the planet are perpetually made as prayer flags flutter in the breeze. The wreath of blessing herbs — cedar, sage, sweetgrass and lavender — creates the mandorla gateway, guarded by animals of the four directions. May all beings be blessed. May there be peace on our beloved Mama Gaia.

      All content © Joanna Powell Colbert 2003-2011. Please do not reproduce art or content without permission.