The Chakra Diagram

    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 16, 2012
      Unfortunately the diagram with the longer section detailing the chakras is no longer displaying there so I have another site with a good diagram. Hopefully the larger size comes through here but, if not, there is the jpg link as well as the smaller image which can be clicked on to see larger. Even there we should have an option to go one size larger to get more details. :)

      http://www.binauralhealing.com/18/chakra-tuning/
      http://www.binauralhealing.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/11/chakra-chart.jpg

      Tune All Seven Chakras

      Posted on November 6, 2009 by admin

      Chakra Tuning

      Chakra Tuning
      Click for larger image

      http://www.binauralhealing.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/11/chakra-chart.jpg

      http://www.reiki-for-holistic-health.com/chakra-diagram.html

      Chakra Diagram

      THE CHAKRA DIAGRAM SHOWS THE SEVEN MAJOR CHAKRAS AT A GLANCE: MAIN CHARACTERISTICS, EXCESSIVE, DEFICIENT, BALANCED, ADDICTIONS, TRAUMAS, HEALING STRATEGIES, AFFIRMATIONS, ETC.

      FIRST OR ROOT CHAKRA

      Sanscrit name: Muladhara (root)
      Location: Base of spine, at the seat of Kundalini
      Symbol: A circle surrounded by four lotus petals, with a square inside it.
      Central issue: Survival, stability, acceptance, self-preservation, deep-rootedness, perception, grounding, fear and safety
      Color: Red
      Essential oils: Patchouli, cedarwood, sandalwood
      Crystals and Stones: Garnet, Ruby, Agate, Onyx, Haematite, Red Jasper, Black Tourmaline, Smoky Quartz, Bloodstone, Red Coral;
      Stars and Astrological signs: Planets Mars, Pluto, and Saturn; Signs of Aries, Taurus, Scorpio, and Capricorn;
      Sound or mantra: "Lam"
      Sense: Smell
      Body: The physical body
      Orientation to self: Self-preservation
      Goals: Stability, grounding, physical health, prosperity, trust
      Rights: To be here, to have
      Developmental stage: Womb to 12 months
      Identity: Physical identity
      Level of relationship: Tribal
      Demon: Fear
      Element: Earth
      Hormonal glands: Sexual and adrenal
      Organs: Immune system, base of spine, legs, bones and bone marrow, feet, rectum, physical body support
      Excessive: Sluggish, lazy, tired, monotony, obesity, overeating, hoarding, materialism, greed, Fear of change, addiction to security
      Deficient: Fearful, anxious, restless, lack of discipline, underweight, financial difficulty Chronic disorganization
      Balanced: Good health, vitality, well grounded, sense of trust in the world, feeling safe and secure, stability, prosperity, ability to relax
      Physical Dysfunctions: Frequent illness, disorders of the bowel, large intestine, bones, teeth, problems with legs, feet , base of spine(chronic lower back pain, sciatica); eating disorders; depression; immune-related disorders; skin problems; lack of energy;
      Addictions: Food, gambling, shopping, work
      Traumas and Abuses: Birth trauma, abandonment, physical neglect, poor physical bonding with the mother, malnourishment, feeding difficulty, major illnes or surgery, physical abuse, inherited traumas (eg. war, poverty, etc.)
      Spiritual challenge: How well we manage our physical world;
      HEALING STRATEGY: Physical activity, lots of touch, massage, reconnect with the body, grounding, Hatha yoga, look at earliest childhood relationship to mother, reclaim your right to be here;
      AFFIRMATIONS:
      It is safe to me to be here.
      The earth supports me and meets my needs.
      I love my body and trust its wisdom.
      I am interested in abundance.
      I am here and I am real.
      I trust my Higher Self fulfills all mu needs. My life is full of prosperity.

      SECOND OR SACRAL CHAKRA

      Sanscrit name: Svadhisthana (sweetness)
      Location: Lower abdomen
      Symbol: A circle surrounded by five or six lotus petals.
      Central issue: Sexuality, emotions, financial, creativity,
      codes of honour and ethics
      Color: Orange
      Essential Oils: Rosemary, juniper, sandalwood, jasmine, rose, ylang-ylang
      Crystals and Stones: Amber, Citrine, Topaz, Moonstone, Fire Agate, Orange Spinel, Fire Opal;
      Stars and Astrological Signs: Moon, Planets Venus and Pluto, and the signs of Libra, Cancer, and Scorpio;
      Sound or mantra: Vam
      Sense: Touch and taste
      Body: Ethereal body
      Orientation to self: Self-gratification
      Goals: Pleasure, healthy sexuality, feeling
      Rights: To feel, to want
      Developmental stage: 6 to 24 months
      Identity: Emotional identity
      Level of relationship: One-on-one
      Demon: Guilt
      Element: Water
      Hormonal gland: Pancreas
      Organs: Sexual organs, large intestine, lower vertebrae, pelvis, the kidneys, appendix, bladder, prostate, hip area, the lymphatic system, all the body fluids;
      Excessive: Sexual, pleasure addiction; excessively sensitive and strong emotions; invasion of others, seductive manipulation; obsessive attachment; emotional dependency.
      Deficient: Poor social skills; frigidity, fear of sex, lack of desire, passion, excitement, denial of pleasure; fear of change; rigidity in attitudes
      Balanced: Graceful movements; emotional intelligence; ability to experience pleasure; nurture of self and others; ability to change; healthy boundaries
      Physical Dysfunctions: Sexual dysfunctions; ob/gyn. problems; Dysfunctions of reproductive organs, spleen, urinary system; loss of appetite for food, sex, life; chronic lower back pain, sciatica;
      Addictions: Alcohol, sex, heroin
      Traumas and Abuses: Sexual, emotional abuse, neglect, rejection, emotional manipulation, physical abuse, alcoholic families, denial of child's feelings, inherited (untreated incest, sexual issues)
      Spiritual challenges: Negative one-to-one control patterns need to be confronted
      HEALING STRATEGY: Movement therapy, emotional release, inner childe work, boundary work, assign healthy pleasures, develop sensate intelligence
      AFFIRMATIONS:
      I accept and acknowledge my sexuality. My physical health is strong and pure.
      I deserve pleasure in my life.
      I absorb information from my feelings.
      Life is pleasurable.
      I move easily and effortlessly.

      THIRD OR SOLAR PLEXUS CHAKRA

      Sanscrit name: Manipura ( lustrous gem )
      Location: Solar plexus, below the diaphragm
      Symbol: A circle surrounded by ten lotus petals, and inside it a triangle
      Central issue: Power, self-esteem, self-image, energy, will, responsibility
      Color: Yellow
      Essential Oils: Juniper, lavender, bergamot, rosemary
      Crystals and Stones: Citrine, amber, tiger's eye, peridot,, yellow tourmaline, yellow topaz
      Stars and Astrological Signs: Sun, the planets Mercury, Jupiter, Mars and the signs of Leo, Sagittarius and Virgo
      Sound or mantra: Ram
      Sense: Sight
      Body: The astral body
      Orientation to self: Self definition
      Goals: Vitality, purpose, strength of will, vitality, spontaneity
      Rights: To act and be an individual
      Developmental stage: 18 months to 4 years
      Identity: Ego identity
      Level of relationship: Basic relationship with inner self
      Demon: Shame
      Element: Fire
      Hormonal glands: The pancreas and the adrenal
      Organs: The respiratory system and diaphragm, the digestive system, stomach, liver, gallbladder, kidney, pancreas, adrenal glands, spleen, the small intestine, the lower back, the sympathetic nervous system
      Excessive: Overly aggressive, dominating, controlling, blaming, arrogance, manipulative, power hungry, stubbornness, hyperactivity, excessively ambitious and competitive
      Deficient: Low energy, weak will, poor self-esteem, passive, sluggish, fearful, poor self-discipline, emotionally and physically cold, victim mentality, blaming of others, unreliable, poor digestion
      Balanced: Feeling of tranquillity and inner harmony, self-acceptance, respect for the nature and emotions of others, feeling of unity with the rest of humanity, responsible, reliable, confidence, spontaneity, sens of humour, able to meet challenges
      Physical Dysfunctions: Arthritis, digestive disorders, ulcers, colon and intestinal problems, anorexia or bulimia, pancreatitis, diabetes, gallstone, allergies, problems with the stomach and liver
      Addictions: Amphetamines, cocaine, caffeine, work, anger
      Traumas and abuses: Shaming, authoritarianism, physical abuse, fear of punishment, dangerous environment, age inappropriate responsibilities, inherited shame from parents
      Spiritual challenges: Maturation of the ego
      HEALING STRATEGY: Risk taking, grounding, emotional contact, deep relaxation, stress control, vigorous exercise, sit-ups, psychotherapy (release or contain anger, build ego strength, work on shame issues, strengthen will)
      AFFIRMATIONS:
      I can do whatever I will to do.
      I honour the power within me. I accomplish tasks easily and effortlessly.
      In a smooth and healthy way, I release all unresolved emotions. I claim my personal power.

      FOURTH OR THE HEART CHAKRA

      Sanscrit name: Anahatra (unstruck)
      Location: Chest, hart, cardiac plexus
      Symbol: A circle surrounded by 12 lotus petals, and inside it a six-pointed star
      Central issues: Love, unconditional love, self-love, forgiveness, relationships, intimacy, devotion, depression and loneliness
      Color: Green and pink
      Essential Oils: Sandalwood, rose, cedarwood
      Crystals and Stones: Rose quartz, emerald, jade, aventurine, malachite, rhodonite
      Stars and Astrological Signs: Planets Venus, Saturn, Sun and the signs Libra, Leo and Sagittarius
      Sound or mantra: Yam
      Sense: Touch
      Body: The feeling body
      Orientation to self: Self-acceptance
      Goals: Stability, trust, physical health, prosperity, grounding
      Rights: To love and be loved
      Developmental stage: 4 to 7 years
      Identity Social identity
      Level of relationship Loving relationships with significant others, with oneself and with all life
      Demon: Grief Element: Air
      Hormonal glands: The thymus gland
      Organs: Hearth and circulatory system, lungs, bronchial tubes, shoulders and arms, diaphragm, thymus gland, the immune system, the skin, the upper back
      Excessive: Demanding, jealousy, co-dependency, poor boundaries, overly sacrificing, possessive
      Deficient: Antisocial, withdrawn, cold, shy, critical, judgmental, intolerant, loneliness, depression, fear of intimacy and relationships, lack of empathy, narcissism, bitter
      Balanced: Compassionate, loving, self-loving, empathetic, peaceful, balanced, good immune system
      Physical Dysfunctions: Disorders of the heart, lungs, thymus, breast, arms, asthma, allergy, circulation problems, immune system deficiency, tension between shoulder blades
      Addictions: Tobacco (smoking), sugar, love, marijuana
      Traumas and Addictions: rejection, abandonment, loss, shaming, constant criticism, abuses to lower chakras, unacknowledged grief, divorce, death, conditional love, loveless environment, sexual and physical abuse, betrayal
      Spiritual challenges: To learn compassion, the value of forgiveness, unconditional love
      HEALING STRATEGY: Self-discovery, codependency work, forgiveness, inner child work, work with arms, reaching out, taking in, breathing exercise
      AFFIRMATIONS:
      I freely and easily give and receive love. Totally forgive others and myself for all past errors and judgements.
      I am worthy of love.
      I am loving to myself and others.
      There is an infinite supply of love.
      I live in balance with others.

      FIFTH OR THROAT CHAKRA

      Sanscrit name: Vissudha (purification)
      Location: Throat
      Symbol: A circle surrounded by 16 lotus petals, and inside it a circle, or a circle containing a triangle
      Central issue: Communication, self-expression, self-discipline, speaking one's truth
      Color: Blue, light blue, turquoise
      Essential Oils: Lavender, patchouli
      Crystals and Stones: Lapis lazuli, aquamarine, sodalite, turquoise, sapphire, blue lace agate, blue tourmaline, blue quartz
      Stars and Astrological Signs: Planets Venus, Mercury, Uranus and Mars and the signs of Taurus, Gemini and Aquarius
      Sound or mantra: Ham
      Sense: Hearing
      Body: The mental body
      Orientation to self: Self-expression
      Goals: Clear communication, creativity
      Rights: To speak and to hear the truth
      Developmental stage: 7 to 12 years
      Identity: Creative identity
      Level of relationship: Relationship with our personal truths
      Demon: Lies
      Element: Ether - Akasa
      Hormonal glands: The thyroid and parathyroid gland
      Organs: Throat, thyroid and parathyroid glands, the neck, vocal cords and organs, mouth, teeth and gums, jaw, ears, muscles
      Excessive: Too much talking, talking as a defence, inability to listen, gossiping, interruptions, over-extended, stuttering
      Deficient: Fear of speaking, small, weak voice, difficulty putting feelings into words, shyness, tone deaf, poor rhythm
      Balanced: Good listener, resonant voice, good sense of timing and rhythm, clear communication, lives creatively
      Physical Dysfunctions: Raspy throat, chronic soar throat, mouth ulcers, gum difficulties, scoliosis, laryngitis, swollen glands, thyroid problems, headaches, pain in the neck and shoulders, ear infections and problems
      Addictions: Opiates, marijuana
      Traumas and Abuses: Lies, secrets, verbal abuse, constant yelling, excessive criticism (blocks creativity), authoritarian parents, alcoholic, chemical dependent family
      Spiritual challenges: To recognize that your strength of will is measured not by how well you exert your will over others, but how well you control yourself. Conscious self-control and discipline means living according to the truth that every thought you have is either a potential act of grace or a potential weapon. Right thought leads to right speech leads to right acting.
      HEALING STRATEGY: Learn communication skills, letter writing, inner child communication, practice silence (excessive), story telling, singing, chanting, toning, release voice, loosen neck and shoulders
      AFFIRMATIONS:
      I easily and gracefully express my deepest feelings and emotions.
      I hear and speak the truth.
      I express myself with clear intent.
      Creativity flows in and through me.
      My voice is necessary.

      SIXTH OR THE THIRD EYE CHAKRA

      Sanscrit name: Ajna (to perceive)
      Location: The centre of the forehead, brow
      Symbol: A circle surrounded on each side by two large lotus petals ( or a lotus with 96 petals ), and inside it a triangle
      Central issue: Intuition, imagination, ability to see one's life clearly, use of the mind/intellect
      Color: Indigo
      Essential Oils: Geranium, lavender, rosemary, spearmint
      Crystals and Stones: Amethyst, azurite, fluorite, lapidolite
      Stars and Astrological Signs: The planets Jupiter, Uranus, Mercury, Neptune and signs Sagittarius, Aquarius, Pisces
      Sound or mantra: Ham-ksham
      Sense: Intuition (the sixth sense)
      Body: The high mental body
      Orientation to self: Self-reflection
      Goals: Psychic perception, imagination, clear seeing, accurate interpretation
      Rights: To see
      Developmental stage: Adolescence
      Identity: Archetypal identity
      Level of relationship: Our relationship to knowledge, wisdom and vision
      Demon: Illusion
      Element: Light
      Hormonal glands: The pituitary and the pineal gland
      Organs: The brain, nervous system, eyes, ears, nose, sinuses, face, the pineal and pituitary gland
      Excessive: Hallucination, nightmares, obsessions, delusions, difficulty concentrating, headaches
      Deficient: Poor vision and memory, insensitivity, lack of imagination, difficulty visualizing, difficulty seeing the future, can't remember dreams, denial
      Balanced: Intuitive, perceptive, imaginative, good memory, able to visualize, able to think symbolically, able to remember dreams
      Physical Dysfunctions: Headaches, eye and ear disease, nose and sinus problems, facial nerve problems, nightmares, brain tumour, stroke, neurological disturbances, seizures, full spinal difficulty, learning disabilities
      Addictions: Hallucinogens, marijuana
      Traumas and Abuses: Frightening environment (war, violence), what you see does not go with what you are told, invalidation of intuition and psychic occurrences
      Spiritual challenges: Pride and the ability to make judgements. The spiritual lessons relate to insight and intuition, to seeing beyond the visible.
      HEALING STRATEGY: Meditation, visual stimulation, create visual art, coloring and drawing, working with memory, dream work, hypnosis, guided visualization, past life regression therapy
      AFFIRMATIONS:
      My inner vision is clear and strong. I trust my intuition and inner vision.
      I see all things in clarity.
      I am open to the wisdom within.
      I can manifest my vision.

      SEVENTH OR CROWN CHAKRA

      Sanscrit name: Sahasrara (thousand-fold)
      Location: The crown of the skull
      Symbol: A lotus with thousand petals
      Central issue: Awareness, spiritual search for meaning, issues of karma and grace, grace bank account, spiritual awakening, divine discontent
      Color: Purple, white, gold, silver
      Essential Oils: Jasmine, frankincense
      Crystals and Stones: Diamond, clear quartz, moldavite, selenite, pyrite
      Stars and Astrological Signs: The planets Saturn and Neptune, the signs Capricorn and Pisces
      Sound or mantra: Om
      Body: The soul, the karmic, causal body
      Orientation to self: Self-knowledge
      Goals: Wisdom, knowledge, spiritual connection, consciousness
      Rights: To know
      Developmental stage: Throughout life
      Identity: Universal identity
      Level of relationship: Relationship to our life's true purpose, relationship between the ego and the higher self, relationship to God and spirit
      Demon: Attachment
      Element: Thought
      Organs: The muscular and skeletal system, skin, central nervous system
      Excessive: Over-intellectualization, spiritual addiction, confusion, dissociation from body
      Deficient: Spiritual cynicism, learning difficulties, rigid belief systems, apathy, materialism, greed, domination of others
      Balanced: Sense of spiritual connection, open-minded, wisdom and mastery, broad understanding, intelligent, thoughtful, aware, ability to perceive, analyse and assimilate information
      Physical Dysfunctions: Energetic disorders, mystical depression, coma, migraines, brain tumours, amnesia, chronic exhaustion not linked to physical disorder, sensitivity to light, sound and other environmental factors
      Addictions: Religion, spiritual practices
      Traumas and Addictions: Spiritual abuse, forced religiosity, blind obedience, misinformation, lies, withheld information, invalidation of one's beliefs
      Spiritual challenges: Hope and faith, spiritual conscience. Spiritual quests and questions of your life: For what purpose was I born? What is truth? What is the deeper meaning of life? Can I find that? Failure to hear and respond to these questions can lead to anxiety and depression.
      HEALING STRATEGY: Reestablish physical, emotional, spirit connection, spiritual discipline, meditation, examine belief systems, goal setting
      AFFIRMATIONS:
      I accept and acknowledge my spirituality.
      Divinity resides within.
      I am open to new ideas.
      Information I need comes to me.
      I am guided by higher power.
      I am guided by inner wisdom.
      The world is my teacher.

      Resources and Recommended Readings:
      Anodea Judith, Ph.D. "Eastern Body, Western Mind"
      Caroline Myss, Ph.D. "Why people don't heal, and how they can"
      Richard Gerber, M.D. - A practical guide to vibrational medicine
      Bill Waites "Aura-Reiki";