Space Weather News: Orionid Meteor Shower

    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 20, 2012
      Considering the time that I am up in the wee hours of the night/morning I will definitely be having my eyes to the sky watching for these. :)

      Space Weather News for Oct. 20, 2012
      http://spaceweather.com

      ORIONID METEOR SHOWER: Today, Earth is passing through a stream of debris from Halley's Comet, source of the annual Orionid meteor shower. Forecasters expect ~25 meteors per hour when the shower peaks on Sunday, Oct. 21st. No matter where you live, the best time to look is during the dark hours before sunrise on Sunday morning. Observers in both hemispheres can see this shower.  Visit http://spaceweather.com for photos, more information, and live audio from a meteor radar.

      Don't just watch meteors, wear them.  Authentic meteorite jewelry is available in the Space Weather Store:  http://www.shopspaceweather.com

      New subscribers may sign up for free space weather alerts at  http://spaceweather.com/services/