Isha Lerner's Power of the Flower Tarot: Manzanite

    Message 1 of 2 , Oct 4, 2012
      For those of us who are males this has just as important a message. Without question or doubt, yes this is to remember to honor and love from our heart the women in our lives. Spouses, siblings, friends, family (biological and otherwise), and more. This also speaks on honoring the feminine energies within us as well as well as to open and continue to open more to that Divine presence within us. Within the message below it speaks of how the Universal Mother asks that we See ourselves as She Sees us: An incarnation of divinity. Wherever and however this speaks to each of us reconnect to Her for as we do we will find more of those deepest levels of ourselves and find transformation by opening, embracing and stepping into this Divine Feminine Presence which has always been within us. Truly a reflection that has always been with us even when we may not have seen neither that nor the mirror that She is. Here is apart of the seeds that we co-create and are pregnant with vibrancy, unlimited potential and possibilities of life through Love.To Honor Her is to Honor our Selves and others and Love life more richly and fully.

      Manzanita
      Your card is...

      Manzanita

      Latin: Arctostaphyos manzanita

      Color(s): White to pink

      Archetype: The Fertility Goddess, Venus of Willendorf. Revered as the embodiment of sacred cycles of life and death, her emblem of fertility—a full, round body, pregnant with the possibility of new life and creativity—was the hallmark of ancient matriarchal societies—a timeless, symbolic representation of the Universal Mother Goddess.

      Signature: An evergreen with crooked deep reddish purple branches, silvery-green leaves and white to pink bell-like flowers. Its tiny fruit, resembling apples, turn from white to deep red.

      Healing Properties: Manzanita brings harmony to body and soul, helping to uplift our attitude concerning body image, assisting people suffering from eating disorders of any kind, and helping those sensitive, spiritually-attuned souls who find the body cumbersome

      Healing: The Venus of Willendorf and the dancing Goddess figures in Manzanita tree greet you, honoring the feminine spirit that resides with you. You are being mirrored by the Universal Mother who asks that you see yourself as she sees you - as an incarnation of divinity. Perhaps you need to tap your roots a bit closer to the Earth in order that you may fully take pleasure in your glorious body. As your body cycles through its many seasons, contemplate the Manzanita as a symbol of feminine transformation: its bark peels from its lovely branches after its ripened fruit has fallen to Earth, and like the snake, it then begins a new cycle of rejuvenation. The female body is nature's treasure, for without Her many symbolic deaths and regenerations, humanity would surely perish. We must once again learn to respect our female bodies, nourish them well, and love them fully, if we are to honor the Great Goddess who gives Her abundant Love to all.

      © Copyright 2012 Inner Sight / Isha Lerner Enterprises. All rights reserved.