Sahasrara / Crown chakra

    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 20, 2012

      Source: Art by Mynzah

      Sahasrara / Crown chakra - symbolizes detachment from illusion; an essential element in obtaining supramental higher consciousness of the truth that one is all and all is one.

      Often referred as thousand-petaled lotus, it is said to be the most subtle chakra in the system, relating to pure consciousness, and it is from this chakra that all the other chakras emanate. When a yogi is able to raise his or her kundalini, energy of consciousness, up to this point, the state of Samādhi, or union with God, is experienced.

      Meditating on this point is said to bring about the siddhis, or powers of transforming into the divine, and being able to do whatever one wishes.