Great Definition of Enlightenment ~ Wayne Dyer

    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 5, 2012

      Source: Inner Wisdom

      Here is a great definition of enlightenment: to be immersed in and surrounded by peace.

      Your highest self only wants you to be at peace. It does not judge, compare, or demand that you defeat anyone, or be better than anyone. It only wants you to be at peace. Whenever you are about to act, ask yourself this question: "Is what I am about to say or do going to bring me peace?" If the answer is yes, then go with it and you will be allowing yourself the wisdom of your highest self. If the answer is no, then remind yourself that it is your ego at work.

      The ego promotes turmoil because it wants to substantiate your separateness from everyone, including God. It will push you in the direction of judgment and comparison, and cause you to insist on being right and best. You know your highest self by listening to the voice that only wants you to be at peace. Wayne Dyer.