[ANGEL] Special Message on Love

  • Spiritus
    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 28, 2012

      Today's Brilliance: David Daniels

      David is a clinical professor of psychiatry/behavioral sciences at Stanford Medical School and co-author of The Essential Enneagram.

      Not knowing how near the Truth is, people seek it far away. What a pity! They are like one who, in the midst of water, cries out in thirst so imploringly. ~ Zen master Hakuim

      If today were my last day on Earth and I could share 500 words of brilliance with the world, here are the important things I'd want to pass along to others...

      If this were my last day, my only day - there is only love. All there ever was and will be is love. Brilliance comes from the inner knowing of this. And by love, I mean the connection of us humans in body, mind, and heart - souls together in harmony with gratitude for what is.

      When love is present everything radiates and beauty abounds. We are not captured and hostage to our personality structure, to our opinions or our judging mind, and we know that the fabric of the universe is seamless until we cut into it, creating cause and effect, conflict and damage.

      When love is present, no one person is more or less than any other sentient being. We understand the oneness of all. Possibility abounds in love which, yes, starts with a separate self that can pursue wholeness and therein union with others and the universe. Nothing destroys the essence of love. To me love is the divine, the everlasting.

      If this were my last day but unknown to me as such, I would start and end this day as if it were THE day of days. In living this simple stance, I do my best to embody presence and receptivity with an open heart no matter what activity or endeavor in which I engage. By this I mean, simply breathing back down and centering plus reminding my self to open my heart in kindness. For when I am in receptive presence combined with non-judgment all matter of positive possibilities unfold.

      Then when the reactivity and defensiveness of judgment comes up as it does for all of us, I do my best to befriend it with non-judgment and return to purpose and receptivity. And I remind myself to live love and support the well-being of myself and all others with whom I contact.

      I urge us all to embody this stance of living each day fully so that if it is our last day, there are no or few regrets. To make this true, I stop several times a day for perhaps simply a minute or so each time to reflect on presence and purpose and how to live this day fully.

      To do this simple, yet not easy task of living love each day requires that we all realize the embedded habitual pattern that we formed as little children to adapt to the world as we experienced it then. Yet then is not now. We all need to become aware of our early pattern so that we can understand the pattern and liberate ourselves from its constraints.

      All the great traditions recognize that we humans are subject to automatic behavior for better and worse. The task is to observe the pattern to liberate ourselves from its constraints and reclaim our highest qualities of hope, faith, and above all love.

      We need to make each day our path to wholeness of mind, heart, and spirit. So my mantra is, "May I live this day in love's kindness and its companion of non-judgmental receptivity and presence in each moment."

      Tweet