James Twyman: Camino of Saint Francis

    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 31, 2012
      NewsletterJanuary 31, 2012

      The Camino of Saint Francis
      A New Film by James Twyman

      Host the documentary in your home or church and receive a copy at no cost to you!

      Last year James Twyman led a group of 40 people on the pilgrimage of a lifetime. Walking for ten days along the footpaths and trails Saint Francis himself walked 800 years ago, the pilgrims arrived in Assisi to join the pope and leaders from many religions to celebrate the 25th anniversary of the Day of Prayer. However, unlike the original gathering, which was sponsored by Pope John Paul II, the 25th anniversary made only one rule: No prayers would be allowed. Pope Benedict was afraid that praying together would send the wrong sign – that there are many paths to God rather than just one, even though praying for peace was the entire focus in 1986.
      James and the pilgrims who joined him carried the peace prayers from the world’s major religions to Assisi and performed them at a major concert as the leaders arrived for the gathering. The film follows them as they endure hardships (broken bones, blisters and their own fears), as well as incredible joy, walking together to celebrate peace. This is a film that will inspire you and awaken your own longing for prayer and unity.
      To see a clip from the film, click here:
      Though the documentary will not be released for sale until later this year, The Beloved Community is sponsoring a special event during which thousands of people will see the film for the first time. If you’re willing to invite fifteen or more people to your home or church to view the film, along with a live-video chat with James during which you’ll have the chance to ask questions and interact, we’ll send you a copy as a gift. The special events will take place from March 16-18. We’ll send you everything you’ll need to participate, including flyers and the actual DVD.
      Don’t miss this opportunity to join James and thousands of people from around the world for a remarkable film. Click the link and we will contact you with complete details.
      To become a sponsor of “The Camino of Saint Francis” click here:
       Copyright© 2012 James Twyman. All Rights Reserved. Designby Conscious Web Design.
      4110 SE Hawthorne Blvd. #177, OR 97214