Weekly Wisdom from Sounds True: The Architecture of the Soul

    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 3, 2011

      As I began to look through the transcripts of the Grayson interview it spoke very deeply and wished to share that with everyone. I highly recommend this website and as each of you are so guided and choose take an opportunity to go through and see what speaks to you from there. :)

      Henry Grayson: Change in an Instant

      Tuesday, November 29, 2011
      Array
      Tami Simon speaks with Dr. Henry Grayson, a leading psychologist who has spent decades exploring the connections between psychology, physics, and the spiritual traditions of the world. Dr. Grayson founded and served as chairman emeritus at the National Institute for Psychotherapies in New York. With Sounds True, he has created the nine-hour audio training course The New Physics of Love: The Power of Mind and Spirit in Relationships. In this episode, Tami speaks with Dr. Grayson about the role of thoughts in our relationships, how the non-local nature of the universe impacts our consciousness, and the possibility of “deleting undesirable and obsolete core beliefs in the twinkling of an eye.” (60 minutes)
      Listen Now:

      You Are an Energy System

      “I have a simple religion,” says Harijiwan Khalsa. “To be happier today than I was yesterday.” This simple statement struck Sounds True producer Mitchell Clute as particularly profound coming from a renowned teacher of kundalini yoga. “What I remember best about Harijiwan,” says Mitchell, “was the approachable, down-to-earth way he presented his teachings, which could easily have seemed arcane.” In this excerpt from Harijiwan Khalsa’s audio program Kundalini Meditation: Guided Practices to Activate the Energy of Awakening, you can get a taste of how Harijiwan’s teachings are intended to help every listener achieve a sense of boundless joy and freedom.

      The Architecture of the Soul

      If we want to understand the body, we’d study our physiology. To examine the mind, we’d look to psychology. But what about the soul? Where would you look to learn about the soul’s fundamental structure and how it manifests in our world? Through over 40 years of deep exploration as a psychologist, meditator, yoga practitioner, and scholar, Anodea Judith has come to believe that the chakras hold the answers. In this video clip, she explains why she calls the chakra system “the architecture of the soul.”
      PlayPlay

      The Energy Cure

      Who Can Become a Healer?
      In tribal societies, the role of shaman was often hereditary, suggesting talent could be inherited. Sometimes apprentices were selected because of a tendency toward seizures—a condition that even today is often connected with paranormal experience. Sometimes these apprentices had to undergo life-threatening ordeals, most likely requiring them to enter a prolonged altered state in order to survive.
      In Western culture, Jesus is still the preeminent model of a hands-on healer, suggesting that this ability is the overflow of a wise, compassionate, highly evolved consciousness. Those words could not be used to describe Ben, undeniably a Mozart of healing. He was short-tempered, moody, dictatorial, and very hard on the people closest to him. In fact, his main strength as a healer might have been his galloping arrogance. He was a self-described megalomaniac who believed he was smarter than everyone else. Like a child, he saw himself as without limitation, so if someone else was able to heal, then of course he could do it better. He was never threatened by another person’s perceived superiority; nuclear physicist or shoe-shine boy, it was all the same to Ben.
      He also had an unusually well-developed ability to get out of the way. His joke—that he was from Alpha Centauri—had its own truth, because it allowed him to distance himself from any real commitment to this world. He was an out-of-towner, a tourist who could observe without tying himself into knots about the outcome of his actions. At the same time, he had a profound and undeniable connection with some kind of wisdom, which I have come to call the Source. He also saw the bigger picture far more clearly and quickly than I did. While I was still wide-eyed about healing, he foresaw the boredom, the rejection, the whole panoply of human contrariness—all things I would have to learn. Whereas Ben defaulted to fate in earthly matters, I always wanted rational explanations.
      Analyzing my own qualifications as a healer is far more difficult, because I don’t know whether I came by my ability naturally or learned it from Ben. I’m a very good multitasker. I can be very present with a person in one place while simultaneously being somewhere else entirely—an ability reinforced with cycling. When I’m healing, it’s almost as if I’m a split personality. You could probably find a diagnosis of my condition in the American Psychiatric Association’s manual of mental disorders! I’m also highly motivated. If I commit to something, I’m going to give it all I’ve got for as long as it takes.
      I think it’s important for any healer to be caring. While I was in college, which was during the Vietnam War, I kept on my desk that famous picture of the little girl running, after being burned by napalm. I would stare at it, then put my head down, trying to make sense of it. Then I would get up, walk around, and go through the same process all over again. That whole period seemed like madness to me. I have never been able to understand violence or even deliberate meanness. So yes, I believe I’m sensitive to other people, despite having done my share of thoughtless things, and this is probably a useful quality.
      When setting up my mice experiments, I consciously selected intelligent skeptics who were motivated to succeed. After the experiments, I gave each volunteer a questionnaire with broad-based queries about lifestyle and experience. No patterns emerged, leaving the field wide open.
      Ben was not a miracle worker, and neither am I. Because we were able to effect positive outcomes, some yet-to-be-discovered scientific principle must be involved. Though my body knows how to digest an apple, I don’t know how it knows. The same goes for energy healing: I can’t tell you how the process works, but I can describe the techniques that emerged from our years of practice. Remember, what I’m giving you here is the equivalent of a musical score. How well each of you can play it is beyond my ability, and probably yours, to predict and control.

      ©2011 Sounds True Inc. All rights reserved. Please see our Terms of Use.